ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workbench, tools organization  (Read 4924 times)

Rick Scofield

• SF Bay Area
Workbench, tools organization
« on: October 25, 2011, 08:51:05 PM »

Fellow Labsters, as a weekend warrior having been doing this for over a decade, I am finding myself with an extraordinary amount of audio-related gack piling up in my garage.

My home, being a "fixer-upper" also has several improvement projects going at any given time.

I am struggling to figure out a good way to organize all the audio stuff (soldering irons, wire, spare parts, underused or pulled-from-production rack gear, etc.), and keep it somewhat separated from the household project stuff.

Any ideas, pictures, suggestions?

Thanks,
Rick

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
Re: Workbench, tools organization
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:43:02 PM »

Stackable plastic tubs w/lids and labels (in a number of sizes)

Fellow Labsters, as a weekend warrior having been doing this for over a decade, I am finding myself with an extraordinary amount of audio-related gack piling up in my garage.

My home, being a "fixer-upper" also has several improvement projects going at any given time.

I am struggling to figure out a good way to organize all the audio stuff (soldering irons, wire, spare parts, underused or pulled-from-production rack gear, etc.), and keep it somewhat separated from the household project stuff.

Thanks,
Rick

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 08:55:38 AM »

You wouldn't want to pay full price for them, but full size racks (steel, 42 or 44 spaces) can work well for this.

We have a couple in the shop.  One has un-used rack gear and rack shelves for  stuff that doesn't rack mount, and the other has the rails moved back to towards the middle of the rack and dowels on hooks between the rails.  The dowels hold different spools of commonly used wire.

GTD

Paul Dershem

• San Diego, CA
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 11:52:44 PM »

Thanks,
Rick

Go to a restaurant supply house and buy as many bus tubs as you need. Then build a simple wooden rack like the one shown in the picture to store them.
Live without pretending
Love without depending
Listen without defending
Speak without offending.

Randy Culpepper

Workbench, tools organization
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 12:42:31 AM »

How about some pics of your set up? I'd love to see what works for you.
Thanks so much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 05:27:06 PM »

I use benches with a riser and storage bins on top of those. Tools, fixtures and jigs on the bench or in a roll away, cable on spools in the overhead. My home is over 100 years old and is always being fixed. Just dedicate a section of the basement to sound.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 05:27:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.