ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: Yesterday at 05:14:00 pm 
Started by Andrew Broughton - Last post by Lyle Williams
Solid state transmitters will retransmit received signals as intermodulation products at about 16dB down from the received signal.

So port isolation is critical to reducing intermod problems.  Doing the maths to work out the level of intermod products isn't hard.  Working out the impact in the real world on paper can be hard.

Better is better, but when is sufficient suffiicient?

on: Yesterday at 05:10:57 pm 
Started by Nathan Riddle - Last post by Luke Geis
the Yamaha LS9 does as well

on: Yesterday at 05:02:52 pm 
Started by Jeff Bankston - Last post by Daniel Levi
As for music that is current,

Last years OMD album 'The Punishment Of Luxury' is pretty great, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cU53wWb6UI
and the new work from ionnalee is great as well,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVWOZqsIm_0

on: Yesterday at 04:57:12 pm 
Started by Nathan Riddle - Last post by Andrew Broughton
<$10k
QL1
>$10k
QL5
CL1
CL3
CL5

on: Yesterday at 04:52:13 pm 
Started by RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS - Last post by TJ (Tom) Cornish
+1

This has been my experience as well. I have run a fairly large (for me) Danley system (8x TH118, 4x SM80) with backline and lighting off my Honda eu6500 with no issues hitting 100db at 100'
Just curious - why do you use 8xTH118 if your target level is 100dB at 100'?  According to the Danley spec sheet, 1 TH118 will do 108dBSPL continuous/114dBSPL peak at 100'.  8 seems like overkill and a lot of extra work.

on: Yesterday at 04:42:35 pm 
Started by Andrew Broughton - Last post by Andrew Broughton
Thank you, Jason.

The AC-3 can only handle 50mW input and the RF Venue handles 100mW. The PA821A, AC3200, and TX-8 can handle 250mW.
I can imagine there are situations where that matters, but if I'm using it for IEMs, I'm not going to be sending it more than 50mW. The TX-8 can amplify the output anyway, so why would you need to hit it with a higher signal?

Higher headroom, lower noise (IMD), and higher isolation are more expensive per channel because they require more components per channel and higher tolerance and performance spec'd components per channel. Then multiply by 2 to go from 4 to 8 channels and account for higher gain amps on each channel to overcome 3dB more splitter loss.

Is there a way to quantify these differences?

on: Yesterday at 04:30:25 pm 
Started by Scott Holtzman - Last post by Mac Kerr
Hi Mac,

Apologies. John Fruits mentioned there are strict rules on company reps, hope there’s no issue with me being part of the community.

Edward

Not at all, we welcome company representatives. Participation by people who work for the companies being discussed are a good source of accurate information, we require real names of everyone to post. Including your company affiliation in a sig line lets everyone know that you may have direct information that is valuable.

Mac

on: Yesterday at 03:56:15 pm 
Started by Mike Sokol - Last post by Mike Sokol
So it's not only determining the durability of the MOV, it's also about determining the failure modes under various circumstances.

I think so. This is a new surge protector that will be built by an OEM supplier to the market. And yes, my first plan is the contact the MOV manufacturer once I know who it is, and talk to the engineer designing this product, etc...

Part of the design issue is likely that just because a single MOV behaves a certain way in a circuit, how do you know how a ten of them will react. The peak shunting currents would go up by a factor of 10. Heating on the circuit would go up by 10 times the watt energy, other weird things I don't know about could occur. For instance, just how closely matched are these MOV's. You just can't slap 10 transistors in parallel and expect them to share the load equally.

The RV industry is in a period of consideration that all RVs should have some sort of surge protection, likely because of me writing so much about it. But I'm really promoting the idea of everyone getting an "intelligent" surge protector with a relay that can disconnect your RV from a power source that's too high, too low, or has lost its ground. Gonna be interesting to figure out exactly what's happening. I'll be under an NDA so I would be able to post the nitty gritty here. But at least I can post the scientific parts. 

on: Yesterday at 03:49:49 pm 
Started by RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS - Last post by Tim McCulloch
if you really want to have fun.....look at the amps on the neutral.

jd

I do.  At one of our local arenas we were once required to log all phase legs and neutrals for each service in use, roughly once an hour or in each performer's set, as may be applicable.  They fixed whatever was wrong but I still use my clamp meter to check those at least a few times during a show.

on: Yesterday at 03:34:56 pm 
Started by Scott Holtzman - Last post by Edward Smith
Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Hi Mac,

Apologies. John Fruits mentioned there are strict rules on company reps, hope there’s no issue with me being part of the community.

Edward

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 14 queries.