ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: March 19, 2019, 06:10:34 pm 
Started by dave milton - Last post by Brian Jojade
What I don't get is why this is a problem only on the X-32 and its relatives. No other mixing system, so far as I know, suffers from this. I routinely hook up my A&H with 110 ft of unshielded CAT5 with floating connector shells and never have had a problem. In two venues (so far) I plug the control surface into a nearby receptacle (presumably on a different branch circuit, likely a different panel) in the back of the room to avoid having to run power to FOH. Never a problem. Why don't they just fix this? All they need to do is copy the design of the Ethernet interface used in any other network device on earth. And they have a reputation for being good at copying  ;D   (I know, they sell plenty of product as is, but really?)

--Frank

The thing is, it's NOT using Ethernet as the protocol. It's using cat5e cable and RJ45 connectors, which is the same physical type of cable as Ethernet uses, but it's completely and totally different.  It's AES50 protocol.  This is a point to point protocol only and is ideal over standard ethernet type interfaces due to the extremely low latency of the connection.

However, due to the way that it sends clocking signal and data signal separately, it's somewhat susceptible to outside electrical interference.  Their only choice to solve the 'problem' would be to use a completely different protocol that didn't have this issue.

on: March 19, 2019, 06:01:04 pm 
Started by dave milton - Last post by Tim McCulloch
Yes to both questions.

The room I speak of has very high levels of static electricity. You can usually experience a decent shock after walking from stage to FOH and touching the console. Performers often experience shocks from equipment and mics.

So what's up with that?

on: March 19, 2019, 06:00:03 pm 
Started by Heath Eldridge - Last post by Tim McCulloch
I've never quite understood the aversion to modifying you own stuff to make it better / easier to use.
Maybe not a vintage J-bass, but a working tool like a sub is fair game in my book.
Just be careful that you don't drill into something important inside.

My concern is not what might happen to the sub, but what will happen when I put my own pole mount on a side of the box that JBL never intended to have one, it gets knocked down, pulled down, an earthquake topples it.... and because *I* made the modification, *I* now own the consequences of whatever happens, even if there's a drunk idiot swinging from the pole or the earthquake shakes the building.  I've raised the COG of the assembly in a way that JBL didn't plan for so they're mostly off the hook.

on: March 19, 2019, 05:44:44 pm 
Started by Thomas Le - Last post by Thomas Le
Update: One contractor company is giving us a Yamaha solution. Anyone have experience on the MTX processors? Also how is the TF-Rack?

on: March 19, 2019, 05:38:38 pm 
Started by Johannes Halvorsen - Last post by Johannes Halvorsen
In case someone comes here looking for the answer to this same problem:

It was all very simple. Holding down the input A button while powering up puts the unit in software flashing mode. Now the remote software sees the unit and is able to flash it.

Case closed.

on: March 19, 2019, 05:36:10 pm 
Started by chris.brown.spe - Last post by Peter Kowalczyk
if FX returns are assigned to a DCA, make sure it's not muted / turned up

on: March 19, 2019, 05:30:25 pm 
Started by dave milton - Last post by Jonathan Betts
Maybe I missed it, but are you using a UPS on the console? And your Ethercons are bonded to the metal RJ45's?

Yes to both questions.

The room I speak of has very high levels of static electricity. You can usually experience a decent shock after walking from stage to FOH and touching the console. Performers often experience shocks from equipment and mics.

on: March 19, 2019, 05:25:39 pm 
Started by Bob Cap - Last post by Bob Cap
We have a Mackie TT24 mixer that was in a church. Along with it is the digital stage box DS3232.

Everything was working when we pulled it from the church.

Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Bob Cap
Advanced Audio Inc.
Gilbert, MN

on: March 19, 2019, 05:11:49 pm 
Started by Will Huneycutt - Last post by Will Huneycutt
Are you saving the file on a separate preset on the amp or an amp file?
It's been awhile since I have touched either Audio Architect or Performance Manager but I recall saving amp files.
Iím creating new presets for the amp using ĎPRESET MANAGERí button on the amp panel window within Performance Manager, working offline. As a precaution, I also saved the amp files for each from within the amp panel window - so that i could load it from a USB drive, and as an extra layer of backup. I then saved the whole performance file and Iím assuming it saves the amp presets As well, but maybe not?

Are you saving the file on a separate preset on the amp or an amp file?
It's been awhile since I have touched either Audio Architect or Performance Manager but I recall saving amp files.

on: March 19, 2019, 05:04:13 pm 
Started by Bob Cap - Last post by Bob Cap
Anybody have and dealings with Entertainment Fabrication out of Texas?

Thanks

Bob Cap
Advanced Audio Inc.
Gilbert, MN

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 15 queries.