ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:10:51 pm 
Started by Patrick Tracy - Last post by Tim Hite
Regarding omni vs cardioid. . .

For live sound, I'm not crazy about the omni in any brand. Can be rough getting enough gain before feedback, especially if the speaker is walking around not paying attention to where they are in relation to the PA.

The W6 sensitivity seems to be OK in most circumstances. I haven't owned any of the W5 or W7 capsules.

As far as the flex goes, I use the old school E6. I send mine out on demos and those stay looking the nicest the longest. I've worn all three flex patterns and they are all really comfortable.

I've been tasked by my employer (a small university) with selecting an ear worn mic. This was spurred by a guest speaker who brought his own Countryman which I connected to our Sennheiser body pack. It sounded very good, superior to the mics we usually use (which I'm assuming are Sennheiser).

I'm currently considering Countryman E6 variants but I could use some help from the experts narrowing it down to a specific one, particularly vocals or speaking version. Also E6 vs. E6i and directional vs. omnidirectional. If there's another make and/or model I should consider, please feel free to suggest it.

The primary use of the mic is likely to be spoken word, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets used for singing. My instinct says the vocals version would work for either while not being vulnerable to overloading, though there may be higher noise with quiet talkers. Venues will range from a school gym type room to a corporate style events room and perhaps the occasional classroom. Users would be VIP guests, paying clients of the venues and students in bigger productions.

on: Today at 12:10:21 pm 
Started by Jon Brunskill - Last post by Mal Brown
It is under settings local as I recall.  Iíll hook up and look up tonight.

To have multiple browsers open on one device follow each other ...
Settings, Local, Sync Selected channel.   This is an awesome feature when using a large display.

on: Today at 12:06:13 pm 
Started by Jon Brunskill - Last post by Mal Brown
Wow that's a good price.

Can anyone confirm something that I can't (while surfing the web on my phone).
Do the outputs have Xover filters?   And are Matrix mixes possible (using the Auxes I assume).

I know these are simple (RTFM) questions, but I'm having trouble finding it quickly, and this deal may sell out fast.

Matrix mixes are available, aux, vca and sub groups as well.

Aux outs have variable LPF/HPF filters.  Not specifically for x-over use. Tapping about on the demo I was unable to change the slope of the filter.  On the channels, the filters have selectable 12, 24 and 36 dB slopes available.  I may have missed something on the aux filters...

on: Today at 11:54:39 am 
Started by Jon Brunskill - Last post by Tim Hite
Thanks Marc, I snagged one. Really unbeatable deal.

On sale is reconditioned.  It is still very tempting.

Marc

on: Today at 11:53:10 am 
Started by Tim Hite - Last post by Luke Geis
There has been a bit of speculation about Ticketmaster basically running their own scalping program. It turns out after some stings and investigation that the speculation was true. They run a monopoly on ticketing and then have policies that allow a person with multiple usernames to clean out the available tickets. Then that person can resale them on Ticketmaster's resale site and places like Stub Hub ( which also resales the tickets ). Ticketmaster gets a fee on the initial sale and on the resale, so Ticketmaster in cleaning house either way. It stands to reason that greed would eventually win them over. They sell tickets essentially directly to the scalper who cleans out the available tickets. This drives the ticket cost up and then the tickets are resold on a resale site with another fee for them to make money off of.

I recently looked into getting tickets to see System Of A Down in the LA area for my wife and son. The tickets were available, but they wanted $400 for nosebleed seats and the venue was NOT a $400 a night type of place. This wasn't the Madison Square gardens. Let's also be realistic that SOAD is not exactly that hip right now. I knew it had to be that Ticketmaster was driving up the costs. I could see paying $100-200 for mid-range seats, but I wasn't going to pay $400 for nosebleeds......

I bought tickets many years ago and thought it was pretty bogus. A convenience charge of $25 each to buy tickets and have them will called...... It wasn't a very transparent way of saying we are making money off this sale in the 10's of percent of the ticket price. I won't buy tickets sold through an agency like Ticketmaster. If I can, I prefer to buy directly from a ticket window.

on: Today at 11:46:53 am 
Started by John L Nobile - Last post by Art Welter
Well that's why I'm here, to learn :)

Is the 'box count' the same as driver count?
Does the box/driver predictions take into account physical size?
Each box has 8 HF drivers in a curved array, the predictions taking into account physical size and shading.

You can read all about it:

"Based on the Constant-Directivity Two-Way Loudspeaker System design presented at the 143rd AES Convention in New York by Hugh Sarvis and Don Keele"

https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/pdf/AES_143__eBrief_188_V1-_Keele_Sarvis_-_Design_and_Implementation_of_a_CD_Two-Way_12__Woofer_Wedge_Loudspeaker_System.pdf

on: Today at 11:45:59 am 
Started by Tim Hite - Last post by Tim Hite
Ticketmaster pays venues big money in order to be their exclusive ticketing agent. Promoters are then required to use Ticketmaster ticketing for any events. This has been going on well back before the 90's when I was producing events in Los Angeles.

Now, there are outlets like AXS and Eventbrite but if the venue is locked into a Ticketmaster contract, promoters are stuck. All of these ticketing outlets also charge fees to the promoter for listing and advertising their shows.

I've tried to avoid patronizing Ticketmaster/LiveNation for years. They've always had high fees, bad customer experience, and bad customer support.
Why have promoters continued to use them? Is there no decent competition?

on: Today at 11:42:35 am 
Started by Tim Hite - Last post by Corey Scogin
I've tried to avoid patronizing Ticketmaster/LiveNation for years. They've always had high fees, bad customer experience, and bad customer support.
Why have promoters continued to use them? Is there no decent competition?

on: Today at 11:34:53 am 
Started by Tim Hite - Last post by Terry Martin
Wow !

We go to Speedweek in Daytona each year.  Iíve often wondered how this scalping deal works.  There are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of scalpers holding handfuls of tickets to sell - many are primo seats too.  I get the buy low sell high motto, but these guys have LOTS of tickets to sell.  Iíd bet they are into a similar racket. 

Thanks for sharing the article.

As someone who still buys the occasional concert ticket, this is infuriating.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/a-public-relations-nightmare-ticketmaster-recruits-pros-for-secret-scalper-program-1.4828535

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: Today at 11:33:48 am 
Started by Will Knight - Last post by Steven Cohen
Kevin,

I think the best window protection are impact windows. Impact windows are passive as no preparation has to be done prior to the hurricane. Also they provide security as the cannot be penetrated. In fact, local fire departments had to be trained on how to breach an impact window with a gas powered saw.
As far as homeowners insurance discounts in South Florida, all windows and exterior doors need to have protection that meets Miami-Dade County building codes, which is the gold standard that insurance companies go by. The discounts for can be substantial if a home has wind mitigation protection on all openings. My discount is about $2K per year. Lastly, impact windows have come down in price over the past few years as production has ramped up. They are still expensive but closer in price to accordions or roll down shutters. Aluminum fixed panel type shutters are cheaper, but take time to put up and I have many other preparations to do prior to a hurricane, so not having to put up shutters is a time saver.

Steve

I now live in CT about 46.28 miles away from midtown NYC as the crow flies. When Sandy hit here in 2012 the water from the Long Island Sound (AKA the Sound) came up our street and stopped in front of our house and came a few feet up our driveway. No water in the house, but down the street basements were flooded. And it was very bad down nearer to the Sound. We had some damage from falling branches. I borrowed a nice Honda inverter generator (after 2 days without power) from someone that didnít lose power. It was much quieter than any other generator running in our neighborhood.

We were out of power from the electric company for a week. We could have had it back much quicker (and did for a few hours) but they had to keep it off because the lines that feed our house also go all the way down to the beach and it was flooded down there. There arenít any disconnects on the lines down there, otherwise they could have opened them up and given us power back a lot sooner. I went to a meeting after Sandy about the response to the storm and suggested that they install interrupts in more places so they can cut power where needed without affecting as many customers.

I went to a friendís house one afternoon that lives closer to NYC and is located just across the street from the Sound but up a hill a bit. I was surprised that he had power. But actually he did lose power, but his whole house was running of a really big generator that powered almost everything in the house. It automatically switches over on the loss of power and I think it runs on natural gas.

I have a question about living in a place that is prone to being hit by hurricanes, because I would like to become a snow bird. I always see on the news when a hurricane like this is coming you see all of the people that are running out and buying plywood to board up their windows. If I lived in a place like that I would think I would have some sort of shutter system on the outside of the windows to seal up the house. I assume that they arenít cheap but I would think it would be a good investment. I wonder how much of a discount your insurance company would offer if you had roll down storm shutters.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 13 queries.