ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 06:22:15 pm 
Started by drew gandy - Last post by frank kayser
Stephen,

This Minnesota woman probably thought the exhaust pipe was the size of a 5 gallon paint can, but found it just under her hat size...

I bet her ears were ringing after it was sawed off!

Art

Suicide attempt but lacking a hose?  I'm open for a better explanation.

on: Yesterday at 06:02:00 pm 
Started by Magnus Andersson - Last post by Don T. Williams
Other popular "looks" include "fly ins" and "fly outs" and "ballyhoos".  With a fly in or out,, the lights start in a focused position and fanned out (or in) and sweep up or down to a new position up over the heads of the audience or the reverse and fly back down to the stage position.  A ballyhoo has each light moving in a pattern (often a figure eight) somewhat randomly.  With follow spots, they are focused down on the crowd to excite them.  With floor lights, the pattern usually on the ceiling.

If you are trying to do "aerial" effects with light (where you see the beams), a haze machine is really needed.

on: Yesterday at 06:01:04 pm 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Cailen Waddell
In the engineers defense, Koko is a great venue but challenging to find the happy medium between a happening mix and keeping the sound cop from handing out too many flags.  It's been year or two since I've been there but I'm sure it still has a low/strict db limit.

A certain number of concerts a year are now allowed a higher limit.  That said the metering is very strict but a good engineer can work around it. 

House system should be replaced in the next couple of years which will make smaller events easier.  Itís all old Reinkus Heinz....  hoping to change out with fewer and better Danley boxes.  Enough to support the symphony. 

As for weather communication there - thatís best an offline conversation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: Yesterday at 05:26:38 pm 
Started by Jack Arnott - Last post by Chris Hindle
Cool, I will have to put my spin on it though.

j@assistanceaudio.bluegrasssingersongwriter

And here i thought you were trying to shorten the address....... >:(

on: Yesterday at 05:19:24 pm 
Started by Mac Kerr - Last post by Chris Hindle
I finally got my second monitor. It sure makes it easier to be on PSW at the same time as monitoring the Riedel system with crosspoint view. You have to get your priorities right to stay sane in this business.

Mac

You da MAN !

on: Yesterday at 05:06:58 pm 
Started by Mac Kerr - Last post by Mac Kerr
I finally got my second monitor. It sure makes it easier to be on PSW at the same time as monitoring the Riedel system with crosspoint view. You have to get your priorities right to stay sane in this business.

Mac

on: Yesterday at 04:54:32 pm 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Scott Helmke
That whole time period seemed like a string of one hit wonders. Thanks MTV

That was a period with a huge amount of creativity in music, and just like the 60's it had plenty of one-hit wonders. Might seem a little goofy now, but I think still much better than the corporate sludge being pushed these days.

on: Yesterday at 04:17:19 pm 
Started by Jordan Wolf - Last post by Lee Buckalew

Also, making sure Dante *as well* as the normal firmware is up to date and matching.

-Ray

This is one that I have seen before.  The DANTE and the device firmware are separate updates for most Dante devices but must be compatible.  Be sure to check if a DANTE update is needed.

Lee 

on: Yesterday at 03:59:17 pm 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Dave Garoutte
Fish Heads Fish Heads Rolli Polli Fish Heads.
Barnes and Barnes!
Eat them up, Yum!

on: Yesterday at 03:55:10 pm 
Started by Jack Arnott - Last post by Jack Arnott
My brother lives in Norway, where a common business suffix (like "Inc." or "LLC") is "ASS". 

So he named one of his side projects "Fat ASS".

Does anyone here remember about 8 years ago when I posted that I was changing the company name to: "Assistance Audio and Associates", just so I could have the slogan, "Now with Twice as much Ass!"

My mom thought it was much funnier than anyone here did.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 14 queries.