ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 07:15:25 pm 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Bob Stone
There's no AI going on there, what happened is programmed based on some criteria as to which device to pick (probably most recent use).

At this point there's no need for paranoia with AI, it's not that smart yet...but it's coming.

on: Yesterday at 07:11:57 pm 
Started by Bradford "BJ" James - Last post by Bob Stone
4 x 6' sticks of F34 truss weigh 124lbs alone, another 12 lbs for the truss adapters, another bit for pins and such. The ST132 is 220lbs each, so 440lbs total. That means remaining capacity of 300lbs roughly at best when evenly spaced (e.g. not heavier over one lift). Are you certain that this customer is going to be able to rig this all appropriately and within capacity? 300lbs disappears really quickly depending on the light fixtures and cabling used.

on: Yesterday at 07:03:37 pm 
Started by Tom Bourke - Last post by Mike Caldwell
Is it only on the one mix you select in the video that is the problem or does it do that with any function, layer change, other mixes, FX, graphic eq mode.

on: Yesterday at 06:30:12 pm 
Started by Mike Sokol - Last post by Mike Sokol
Check this out. I found a 3-phase signal generator from China for $31.88 with shipping. Signal level appears to be 5 volt P-P which would drive any small power amp nicely. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-00-200KHZ-3-Phase-Sine-Signal-Generator-0-to-360-Frequency-meter-Counter-/172793617133?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

Circling back to the top of the thread, adding a pair of the Lepai 2020 amplifiers at $20 each might be the best choice for a voltage-only 3-phase demonstration. And these little transformers could get the voltage swing up to 120/240-volts as well as Delta or WYE configurations. 

If this works (and I'm reasonably sure it will), then it's certainly cheap enough, small enough and simple enough for a tabletop demonstration.

on: Yesterday at 06:29:34 pm 
Started by Bradford "BJ" James - Last post by Mark Cadwallader
It all depends on the loading, in my somewhat limited experience. I have 2 m and 1 m segments of Global Truss,  and have gone out to span 13 meters (43') for front lighting presentations in a meeting room, without problems.  2 meter (6.5') lengths of truss are easier to deal with than 3 m/10' sticks for lounge level folks like me and my rental clients.   YMMV.

on: Yesterday at 06:20:21 pm 
Started by Mike Sokol - Last post by Mike Sokol
This all said, I'm guessing there is a story or 2 behind this request.  Can you share?
I've not spoke at length to their head tech guy yet, so I don't have any intel as to what caused this line of inquiry. We're supposed to talk on Monday, so that's going to be my main line of questioning. What kind of power situations do they find themselves in, and was there some specific incident that went sideways? Right now I just have a bullet list of topics to cover, so I do need to know spin and depth of my training class. But as you said, many times you just need to give technicians a go/no-go type of SOP.

on: Yesterday at 06:12:51 pm 
Started by Steve Loewenthal - Last post by Steve Loewenthal
Tim, didn't notice the PM until you pointed it out to me.
Thanks for clearing up why I could never see the cert marking stuff.

I have been in the IT world for 40 years now. While my main responsibility most of that time has been writing code, over the years I have served in most every capacity of the IT industry. About 20 years ago I was helping to make and run cables. We were mainly 4 wire at the time and about 1/2 my cables failed the tester. It was not the fault of the equipment I was using. With the smaller tolerances of today's standards, I can't imaging I would do any better. Thus I really didn't want to "roll my own" as some others have done.

I probably could have asked someone at work for advice or cable assembly help, but would rather save my "favor capital" for more important things.

on: Yesterday at 06:08:15 pm 
Started by LeVan Moxley - Last post by Jon Brunskill
this^^

I tell the story often of mixing the National Christmas Tree Lighting in DC with a variety of talent singing accompanied by the Army Band.  A [still teen-aged] Leann Rhimes walked up to the single Mic [it might have been an SM58, although i think it was probably an SM85] downstage and launched into a song for soundcheck.  I'll never forget that feeling of raising the fader, reaching for the EQ as one does to "fix" someone's voice, and realizing there was literally nothing to fix.  The girl could just flat out SING and i just needed to stay out of the way.  HPF and bring the fader up.  Done!

Real Actual Talent makes us idiot sound guys look REALLY good!  :)

This is so true. I mixed a 20 piece big band last night, along with 7 singers, and for 6 of them I was all over the EQ, tweaking through the show trying to get them to sit right. One singer must have 30+ years under her belt singing jazz and blues professionally, she needed no EQ, no compression, just a wireless 58 and HPF. She took the other singers to school.

on: Yesterday at 06:00:38 pm 
Started by boburtz - Last post by boburtz
Itís a more general Ethernet limitation than anything terribly specific to Dante. If your runs are going to be anywhere near 100m they ought to be solid core, rather than stranded. Which is a bummer as the stranded handle better.

I use a good amount of the Opticon Duo connectors with single mode fiber for portable network connections, the compatibility as noted, with standard LC connectors is potentially an advantage. I found the lead times for cable couplers and end face inspection/cleaning adaptors to be appreciable and something that should be ordered well before needed (a few months lead time in Australia).

As I research this project further I am coming under the impression that the ~70m suggested limitation is indeed for stranded cat5 cable. I don't plan on using the stranded stuff, even though the handling is far superior. Audio reliability is far more important. Am I correct in thinking that ~300' of solid core (looking at the ProCo SuperShield 4x) will be perfectly reliable?
The optical stuff looks great in terms of handling and reliability, but as soon as you start talking opticalcon, the price goes WAY up when adding in jumpers and panel mounts, etc..

on: Yesterday at 05:41:32 pm 
Started by dre - Last post by dre
Dre, you will need to post your real name as your display name as per forum rules before you will get any responses. Please go back and make the change and I am sure you will be helped by members here. If you do not, your thread might get locked by a moderator.

Ah, that's too bad.  Not going to do that, so they should delete my post.   What I own is no-one's business.  Those guidelines were written by people who apparently haven't had to deal (repeatedly) with stalkers, both on the internet and IRL. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 13 queries.