ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:12:34 pm 
Started by M. Erik Matlock - Last post by M. Erik Matlock
Pre-Planning: The Real Gig Happens Before The Show
The best time to identify and solve any problems at an upcoming show is...?
By Craig Leerman September 20, 2018

Many of us are masters at the logistical side of loading and unloading trucks and moving gear. Correctly positioning and tuning the PA for the best coverage is almost second nature. After years of doing our jobs, weve become decent (or better) mixers, getting musicians to sound great in the PA. Weve even acquired the skill of dealing with diva performers and smarmy promoters.

And when problems arise on a show like they always seem to do, our troubleshooting and problem-solving skills come through to save the day. But many of these problems can be avoided with more attention to pre-planning. The period between the first phone call or e-mail about a show to when the truck is loaded is the best time to identify and solve any problems that may rear their ugly head come crunch time...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/pre-planning_the_real_gig_happens_before_the_show/

on: Today at 01:10:19 pm 
Started by John L Nobile - Last post by Nathan Riddle
Each box has 8 HF drivers in a curved array, the predictions taking into account physical size and shading.

You can read all about it:

"Based on the Constant-Directivity Two-Way Loudspeaker System design presented at the 143rd AES Convention in New York by Hugh Sarvis and Don Keele"

https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/pdf/AES_143__eBrief_188_V1-_Keele_Sarvis_-_Design_and_Implementation_of_a_CD_Two-Way_12__Woofer_Wedge_Loudspeaker_System.pdf

Wow, that is literally the paper on how they built the unit. It performs better than I expected. Nice job Presonus.

I wasn't far off with my 3kHz calculation though.

on: Today at 01:07:18 pm 
Started by Greg_Cameron - Last post by Greg_Cameron
Thanks for moving this Mac. I looked around for a web issue type forum but didn't find it. it's been a while since I've been on so I'm a bit lost ;)

on: Today at 12:44:34 pm 
Started by Tim Hite - Last post by Dave Garoutte
Times have changed.
Tickets from my 13th birthday.
Note the price.

on: Today at 12:39:00 pm 
Started by Tim Hite - Last post by Stephen Swaffer
The Tickmaster model probably made sense n the 90's.  With the Internet access today not so much.

I would think that something along the lines of a Dutch auction for each tier/section of seats set up a timed sell date run by the venue would allow them to make enough money to pay for the IT work necessary to setup and manage a system like that.  That should result in more of the patron's money going to the talent/venue that are actually doing the work to produce the product-instead of 3rd parties just skimming off of someone else's work.

on: Today at 12:30:09 pm 
Started by dave milton - Last post by dave milton
+1 for Luminair.
Remember that whichever software solution you pick, you also need a hardware interface.
Enttec, Chauvet, or a raft of others.
Some require the same company's software.

If I'm using an ArtNET node, wouldn't that be the hardware interface?  Or will I need both the node AND an interface/dongle?

d.

on: Today at 12:21:09 pm 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Stephen Swaffer
Right-except that by code the frame of that genny needs to be bonded to the grounding electrode system of the building being supplied.  Most of us could do this easily with a piece of the correct size wire run though a window or door frame and a ground clamp-but the Generlink itself provides no way to do this-even though it uses a 4 wire cord-there simply are not enough wires from the meter to the panel to do this correctly.

Most inlets used in conjunction with a interlock or transfer switch will have four wires all the way to the panel (IF done correctly!)

I'm not attacking the product-it seems like an interesting solution-but unless we are OK with an exception to the bonding rules for services, it requires a little more than meets the eye.

on: Today at 12:19:14 pm 
Started by Will Knight - Last post by Mal Brown
I grew up on the coast of CT... my dad had Tee nuts in the sills and numbered sheets of ply cut to fit the windows.  The house was pinned to rock about 75 feet above sea level so water in the basement was never an issue - unless the washing machine cratered...  no. A lot of top soil but somehow the oaks nearby stood up to it.

on: Today at 12:16:25 pm 
Started by dave milton - Last post by Dave Garoutte
+1 for Luminair.
Remember that whichever software solution you pick, you also need a hardware interface.
Enttec, Chauvet, or a raft of others.
Some require the same company's software.

on: Today at 12:15:40 pm 
Started by Pete Erskine - Last post by Ike Zimbel
Are you interested in the current terrific wireless Intercom technologies? Want to learn about

Clear-Com Freespeak,
Riedel Bolero,
RTS Romeo,
RAD UV-1G-1G,
Pliant Crewcom and
Unity intercom?

I am presenting an AES Super Forum at the NYC AES on October 19th at 1PM at the NY Javits Convention center To attend you must register for the forum sessions.

http://www.aes.org/events/145/registration/

All of the above systems will be demonstrated by their engineers and each system will compare its actual audio with our old favorite BTR800's audio.

The forum will be 3 hours and each system will not only be demonstrated but each companies technicians will show how it is programmed.

Ill try to throw in a few real world examples, too.

http://www.aes.org/events/145/livesound/?ID=6190
Dang! This looks great...too bad I'm going to be on the other side of the planet on the day :(

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 15 queries.