ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 03:20:37 am 
Started by Al Rettich - Last post by Tim Hite
Apogee Rosetta 200 or Track 2 would be my suggestion, can get one used and they sound great.

Mytek would also get the job done.
https://mytekdigital.com/professional/products/stereo-96-adc/

Here's an RME unit, as well:
http://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/adi_2-pro.php

This is what we tried first. After several shows it didn't hold up on the road very well. So searching for a better brand.

on: Today at 03:08:12 am 
Started by Dave Guilford - Last post by Tim Hite
These should do the trick with correct antenna setup.

https://www.lectrosonics.com/US/Digital-Wireless-System/category.html

Getting laser systems up and running takes a while, wouldn't want to have to do it under pressure of a gig. I've only been around it being set up for fairly long distances (10+km) and the beam alignment took a couple days of trial and error to get everything reliable.

on: Today at 03:01:46 am 
Started by Cliff Fuller - Last post by Brian Jojade
Think of it like a garden hose.  If you don't put a nozzle on the end, you'll still get water coming out.  It may not go where you want it to, and won't go as far, but it's still coming out.

RF is doing the same thing.  Without an antenna, the little end of the connector is acting as the antenna.  The response is going to be unpredictable, but may be plenty strong if you are nearby.

on: Today at 02:25:03 am 
Started by Dave Guilford - Last post by Mike Caldwell
Haven't used it, have heard they have to be exactly aligned - a laser doesn't have much (any) margin for error.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I was thinking that to as in needing a really solid support at each end.
As I was glancing at the specs they mentioned the beam was one meter in diameter at 500 feet.
(I found it kind of odd they used two different measurement standards in the same sentence)

on: Today at 02:25:03 am 
Started by Frank Koenig - Last post by Uwe Riemer2
Here's the on-axis ground plane response of a BMS 15N630 15 in. woofer in  a 90 l, 47 Hz vented box. I built these 8 years ago -- time flies -- and am revisiting the settings using newer tools. What's odd to me is the step in the response at 200 Hz. The driver should be well within its piston range at that frequency. I'm pretty sure this is not a measurement artifact, as it also shows up (smoothed because of the shorter window) in pseudo free-field (up on a 12 ft. ladder) measurements, as well as some other measurements I did a few years ago. I tried different mic distances with no effect. The measurement rig passes loop-back.

My best guess is that it's due to cabinet standing waves or some other resonance, but would love to hear from more experienced practitioners if this fits some known pattern. Thanks.

--Frank

Search the web for Baffle Step or Loudspeaker Enclosure Diffraction
e.g. https://www.trueaudio.com/st_diff1.htm
If it would be a resonance ( happens in "small" enclosures with long vents ), it would show up in an impedance curve and the  undampened enclosure would enhance the effect

on: Today at 12:30:17 am 
Started by Mac Kerr - Last post by Mac Kerr
Day began with another early start, and because of rubbernecking delays the caused a several mile long stop and to traffic jam, I barely made it in time to welcome Kai Harada the Tony award winning sound designer of "The Band's Visit". Kai, his associate designer, FOH mixer and A2 gave a very interesting look into the process of designing a mounting a Broadway musical, as well as the motivation for particular equipment choices and design decisions. In the afternoon we had a presentation by Francois Montignies of L-Acoustic on optimizing curved line arrays.

In the little time I had to be on the exhibit floor I trooped over to the NAB NY event where I ran into some friends from the video side who sent me to the SSL booth back at AES to look at an SSL console and routing package they are thinking of installing at a facility where I often work. It is a pretty sweet Dante routing system that comes in 2 sizes, 256 processing paths or 800 processing paths. I puts a nice face on Dante controller with a slick interface that allows you to create many ways of naming and then locating your devices on the network for configuring your console.

I also spent some time at the Yamaha booth checking our the new firmware for PM10 that has added features aimed at Broadway musicals. The most obvious feature is that there are 4 processing "bays" for eq, and 2 dynamics processors so you can have different saved eq and dynamics for either changes driven by costume changes (hat on hat off) or by different actors covering the role. Another successful day.

Mac

on: Today at 12:18:57 am 
Started by Allen Smith - Last post by Allen Smith
Allen,

L6 (pictured) is definitely in the soon-to-be-illegal 600MHz spectrum. Even if there's not any current usage in your area by the now-legally-licensed users, they can start up at any time. Once we reach July, 2020, it will be illegal to use that system as it will lose its type acceptance from the FCC. Even if there's no licensed user in the spectrum, it will still be illegal. Starting this month (IIRC) it is no longer permitted for manufacturers to offer for sale (or for dealers to have available for sale) any wireless system operating from 614MHz to 696MHz.

There's a reason that you will find lots of those used systems available for sale...

-Ray

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I am looking a different direction.

on: Today at 12:12:19 am 
Started by Mac Kerr - Last post by Mac Kerr
Today was day 2 of the 145th AES Convention, held at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in NYC. Day one was an early day for me since I didn't notice the email telling me how to register for a hotel room, so I am commuting from home. It's an hour to hour and a half from my house to JJCC, and I'm not a morning person. Making it by 8am so I could meet the 9am panalists and help them get in and get ready was a bleary experience. Jenny Montgomery and Mark Ditmar gave a great presentation on the audio production side of large scale entertainment television events, specifically the Easter broadcast of Jesus Christ Superstar from this past spring. After that I joined a panel sound for corporate events moderated by Lee Kalish owner of Positive Feedback in Kingston NY and also including Shane Smith of LMG in Olando. In both cases I think the audience was engaged and I know they were quick to ask questions. I call that a successful start. In the afternoon I attended the RF supersession organized by Henry Cohen which was a 3hr session in 3 sections covering the current and near future situation with spectrum availability moderated by James Stofffo, wireless hardware manufacturer's response to how they will deal with it, and last a best practices session moderated by our own Jason Glass, including John Turner, Karl Winkler, Jim Dugan, Gary Trenda and Cameron Stuckey. In between I got a little time on the exhibit floor meeting old friends (the real reason to go to the exhibits) and checking for new exciting products. On day 1 what excited me was the Alteros wireless mic system, L-Acoustic L-ISA, and Meyer's Bluehorn system.

Mac

on: Yesterday at 11:49:18 pm 
Started by Steve Ferreira - Last post by Caleb Dueck
Haha Debbie, all those damn wattage numbers are enough to drive anybody mad.
I keep waiting for Peak-Peak wattage to emerge... ;)
I had a pair of computer speakers once, 200w PMPO.  Around 5-10w total actual power. 

What's the conversion from a 450w actual speaker, to a 2kw, to 5kw PMPO?  Is that the next logical step for ratings?  "That 450w speaker is weak, if you put the PiMPed Out "chip" in it, it's 5kw!"  same speaker.

Just don't mention dB SPL.....

on: Yesterday at 11:40:22 pm 
Started by Dave Guilford - Last post by Caleb Dueck
I think at one time they offered that with an analog audio IO.
Says it not affected by rain but I still wonder how hard of rain it would actually work in or snow for that matter.

Anyone actually ever used one?
Haven't used it, have heard they have to be exactly aligned - a laser doesn't have much (any) margin for error.

Rain shouldn't be much problem.  If you do the math of how much water is actually between Tx and Rx at any given time - it's shockingly low. 

Large, lazy snow flakes I assume could be more of an issue. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 14 queries.