ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 05:13:48 pm 
Started by Dustin Coval - Last post by Gordon Brinton
https://www.rcf.it/products/pro-sound/nx-series

Oh, Hell's Bells!!! No wonder I didn't see it.  ::)

I went from Google straight to the Live Sound page, here...https://www.rcf.it/en_US//products/live-sound/art-7-series

That's what I get for making posts before I've had my morning coffee. Thanks for the wake-up call.

on: Today at 05:03:51 pm 
Started by Ben Pierce - Last post by Mac Kerr
Do you have any concerns about using the exact same signal on all outputs?  If you end up summing those signals down the line and there’s been any relative delay you’ll end up with comb filtering.

Unless you are cascading digital devices that will each add latency, where would this different latency come from?

Analog DAs or passive resistive splits will not introduce any latency.

Mac

on: Today at 05:02:26 pm 
Started by Eleanor Saitta - Last post by Jeff Lelko
Being able to have control on a tablet is a win for me, because it means I'm not stuck standing next to the console all evening — it's rare that there are more than a couple of us plus the talent. 

Most modern platforms allow for this, though I tend to favor using external networking gear.  What's your timeframe for purchase?  If anything, I'd give this a few more months to see if it really gains any footing in the market.  You might also want to add the ChamSys QuickQ to your list of options.  Despite the newness of the board I tend to trust the pedigree of ChamSys far more than I would Blizzard. 

As an aside, if you also want to use DMX for houselights I believe there are certain fire code requirements that you have to comply with for that.  I'm not an expert and can't speak on the matter - I just know they may exist (depending on where you live).  Good luck!

on: Today at 05:01:17 pm 
Started by Ben Pierce - Last post by Ben Pierce
Do you have any concerns about using the exact same signal on all outputs?  If you end up summing those signals down the line and there’s been any relative delay you’ll end up with comb filtering.

Yes. This is something that could be an issue. I will be using it to test mixers, so it needs to have the same level of input to every channel at the same time.

on: Today at 05:00:02 pm 
Started by Richard Penrose - Last post by Tom Roche
Any chance you could post photos without the grille?

... And perhaps of the drivers themselves?

No worries if not - I understand why you wouldn't want to open up a brand-new pair of speakers, but curiosity is killing me!

TIA,
Chris

You can see pictures with grills on and off on Yamaha's website.
Yamaha's USA site
Click on a picture of one of the models and zoom in/out.

I'd like to know more about the foam/fabric.  Having it on the outside of the grill seems odd, but it does give the DZR a slightly different look than most other grills.  Even so, I'd still be concerned about it showing wear rather quickly.

on: Today at 04:46:35 pm 
Started by Dave Pluke - Last post by Stephen Kirby
I make up my own siamese cables.  Like Bryan, I have edisons at both ends so that I can daisy chain them.  Then I use short IEC stubs at the speakers.  Because most speakers have the audio at the top and the power at the bottom, I make the cables with enough offset that hanging from the power input, there's still a service loop/strain relief on the audio connector.  The source end has a corresponding offset and I leave a good 18" of audio from the sleeving breakout.  That gives me plenty of length on the power side to get to a distro/power center, and keeps the area around the audio outputs (stage box or back of side stage board) cleaner.
I often run a power stringer across the front of the stage for pedal boards and the like.  And if the wedges are just going to stay in one place across the front I'll run the sends though the frontline snake with gender reversers and just plug them into the stringer.  But if the wedges are going to get moved around for different bands, moved upstage and down, then the siamese cables make life much easier.  I still use the siamese for the sidefills and drum wedge.  Keeps them out of the power circuits used by the  vintage guitar amps.
I make them myself using SJ power cable and braided sheathing.  Which is thinner and more flexible than the thick molded sleeving used on commercially made cables.  To keep it flexible, don't pull too tight when threading cables though it.  Also, wear gloves as sliding a couple hundred feet of braid though your hands while threading them will tear your skin up.

on: Today at 04:42:03 pm 
Started by Tyler Fingerle - Last post by Paul G. OBrien
Sounds to me like you may have some channel overlap going on. Can you change the number of channels on any of these fixtures? If so are they all set to the number of channels you are trying to use for them? Related to that sometimes I have found it necessary to change the channel assignment to something else and then change it back again to make it stick, have seen this on cheap fixtures and more than a fair share of Chauvet products too.. not that they are all cheap.

on: Today at 04:38:52 pm 
Started by Richard Penrose - Last post by Chris Grimshaw
Any chance you could post photos without the grille?

... And perhaps of the drivers themselves?

No worries if not - I understand why you wouldn't want to open up a brand-new pair of speakers, but curiosity is killing me!

TIA,
Chris

on: Today at 04:28:18 pm 
Started by Eleanor Saitta - Last post by Don T. Williams
Duane

There are actually 2 universes accessible on the back of the LS1 console with both a 3 pin and a 5 pin output, but these are not isolated splits.  I'm just now getting into programing and using the console.  I'm coming to it from a Hog 4 background with some work on the Martin MPC and others.  So far, it's pretty impressive for its size and cost, and easier to learn than the other two.  It won't replace a Hog.  Of course, the more consoles you learn and use, the easier the new ones are to learn.   The one problem I've found is the limited number of fixture profiles offered.  My Blizzard Rock Light, LB Par, and Helios profiles aren't listed yet.  This is all just my opinion.  In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Blizzard dealer.

on: Today at 04:25:25 pm 
Started by Miguel Dahl - Last post by John Roberts {JR}
This might be a stupid question, but I'm curious about the difference.
perhaps...  do you have a problem?
If running a signal line to several active speakers, where one of them is powered from a different outlet with a different ground potential. Is there a difference in using a galvanic isolation between all three XLR-pins and just "lifting" pin 1? on the signal feeding the speaker on a different ground potential relative to the ground potential to where the signal originates from?
If the active speakers have a well designed input there will be no difference, if they don't the answer is not to float the ground (pin 1), but maybe see if the speakers float in the canal out back.

JR 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 14 queries.