ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:16:01 pm 
Started by Fred Dorado - Last post by Mike Caldwell
If you use the AR2412 stage box, you can do wired IEMs for much cheaper. The 12 outputs will give you 5 stereo mixes + LR. An multi-channel headphone amp and some 25' extenders and you're set. Musicians can use their own ears or you can buy some cans for those that don't. That setup is much cheaper than wireless IEMs and potentially even cheaper than wedges. You'll just need an experienced mixing engineer to do IEM mixes well.

Edit: And you can optionally let the band mix themselves via phone or tablet apps.

Yep the Allen Heath Q You app works great for that and it's available for both Apple and Android.

on: Today at 07:04:04 pm 
Started by Eric du Toit - Last post by Eric du Toit

Primary goal - less bass on stage and/or more controllable bass on stage and still maintain a good solid low end in house.
I'm not unhappy with our current setup other than I have more bass on stage than I'd prefer, but it's not terrible.  I do DI the bass and feed it back through an Aux to the bass amp so I have control over the Markbass CMD121 amp too which is only there to provide enough stage volume for the upright (and sometimes electric) bass to hear and the group to stay together.

Current sub is the Mackie SRM1550 1200w 15" - not a bad box at all.
http://mackie.com/sites/default/files/PRODUCT%20RESOURCES/SPECS/Spec_Sheets/SRM1550_SS.pdf

QSC K212c Spec sheet here : https://www.qsc.com/live-sound/products/loudspeakers/powered-loudspeakers/ks-series-new/ks212c/ . Tops are 1000w. QSC K10 (non .2), monitors are 4x EV Zx1 and the crossover point for the old K10 tops is 100Hz when connected to the K212c

Music is bluegrass / gospel.  Venues are smaller churches (120 seat - 400 seat) and sometimes outdoor gatherings.

I target an indoor SPL of 85-90dB mid way back, outdoor may be a bit higher - 90-95dB but it's bluegrass so not rock concert levels.
Sometimes I can't place the sub directly in front of the stage/platform, but most of the time I'd be able to do that which should provide the most rear rejection on-stage right?  The last outdoor venue, I could have used more low-end to the audience but I couldn't because of the stage spillover.

on: Today at 06:40:27 pm 
Started by Justice C. Bigler - Last post by Justice C. Bigler
You'll want a stadium PA for a shed show and a shed PA for an arena-size show.  Your local-ish choices are likely to be deemed inadequate.

Prepare to be shocked at the audio production quotes once the act is named.  I don't recall lighting being contentious.
I already know that no one in Oklahoma has the SD7s, SD5s, or SD10s that they want. I cna get a pair of SD12s, but I doubt those will be acceptable.

I doubt anyone in the state has the Meyer Leo, D&B J Series, V-Dosc or JBL VTX that they want with their D&B B2 subs either. I have inquiries out to see what's available.

This is opening weekend for an outdoor venue that probably stands about 4,000.

on: Today at 06:30:02 pm 
Started by Fred Dorado - Last post by Corey Scogin
If you use the AR2412 stage box, you can do wired IEMs for much cheaper. The 12 outputs will give you 5 stereo mixes + LR. An multi-channel headphone amp and some 25' extenders and you're set. Musicians can use their own ears or you can buy some cans for those that don't. That setup is much cheaper than wireless IEMs and potentially even cheaper than wedges. You'll just need an experienced mixing engineer to do IEM mixes well.

Edit: And you can optionally let the band mix themselves via phone or tablet apps.

on: Today at 06:29:50 pm 
Started by John Schalk - Last post by Tim McCulloch
Hey Guys,

I was just about to ask this same question, "why not cut off a few strands till its 12ga"
It would seem to me your doing the same the with 2 less connections equaling 2 less points of failure. If it is not to code what would make using a Wago 221 a better safer connection?

Because it's a Code violation?

The Wago 221 can accept a range of wire sizes without compromise.  In some non-USA jurisdictions "wire nuts" are not accepted materials and the 221 was designed to meet that need.

on: Today at 06:29:03 pm 
Started by Justice C. Bigler - Last post by Tim McCulloch

[beats head against the wall]

You'll want a stadium PA for a shed show and a shed PA for an arena-size show.  Your local-ish choices are likely to be deemed inadequate.

Prepare to be shocked at the audio production quotes once the act is named.  I don't recall lighting being contentious.

on: Today at 06:24:58 pm 
Started by John Schalk - Last post by Frank Czar
Hey Guys,

I was just about to ask this same question, "why not cut off a few strands till its 12ga"
It would seem to me your doing the same the with 2 less connections equaling 2 less points of failure. If it is not to code what would make using a Wago 221 a better safer connection?

on: Today at 06:01:05 pm 
Started by Justice C. Bigler - Last post by Justice C. Bigler
Haha! Indeed, Artless is still their FOH man. Woe to those who disregard their specs (warnings).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[beats head against the wall]

on: Today at 05:57:54 pm 
Started by Fred Dorado - Last post by Mike Caldwell
Allen Heath has the ME series personal monitor system that integrates with the QU an the SQ series.
With your proposed total set up I can't see what you would gain...or really need that could not be done on the QU series and at least at this time the iPad app is better for the QU.
Get a QU pac and a AB168 if you need more than 16 channels and run it remotely Via Ipad and not even set up a FOH. Everything could be racked up and as plug and play as possible.

I would also invest in some pipe and drape to put up in front of the windows if that's where your are
always going to set, it will help the sound and everyone in the congregation will not be looking into the bright sun shining in the windows.

on: Today at 05:53:08 pm 
Started by Mike Santarelli - Last post by Geert Friedhof
Power spec is for the amplifier section, not the drivers.
Look for the biggest 4 inch voice coil 18 they do, should be that one, or a very close derivative.

Close, but no sigar.

8006 should be a 401 derivatve, 9006 a 405 or something, but with a different coil to bring the impedance down, so the amp has to work harder.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 14 queries.