ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 11:46:51 am 
Started by Augustine Ortiz - Last post by Ivan Beaver

Is there a monitor speaker plan at Eminence.com ?  Maybe a good resource for the crossover point and horn selection.  As compression drivers can be significantly more efficient than cones, consider 16 ohm horn drivers and 8 ohm woofers...

While that may appear to be a good idea, there is a major problem with it.

THe problem is the top end of the HF.

It will always be drooping off.  So if you use a 16 ohm driver to have less of the "meat" of the HF driver (say 1-6KHz), then the top end will also be 3dB lower than an 8 ohm driver.

So often it is better to pull down what you have to much of (the low end of the HF driver), than to try to boost up what you don't have have enough of.

But this would actually mean crossover design, and not off the shelf xovers.

on: Today at 11:38:22 am 
Started by Augustine Ortiz - Last post by Mal Brown
Im usually high passing my monitors pretty high except for the drum monitor.  So if you consider these as front line vox wedges with a little snap from the kick, then you can be a lot less fussy about the tuning.

I would definitely pull the drivers and do an internal exam of the boxes.  Decide how and where to brace.  1/2 Baltic strips 1.5 to 2 in a + shape on the tall side (back) and the flat side (bottom).  PL Premium Glue from Home Depot is good what I used in my box building days.  Do account for Driver depth when shaping the braces.  Use double stick tape to test fit.

Delta12lf is pretty strong in the bass.  Will probably fight longer than some other choices in Eminence if you are going to run a bunch of kick.  I built a 2x2 bass guitar box with those years ago.  Sounded pretty good.  Moved on to the 3012lf which would be total overkill for you...

Is there a monitor speaker plan at Eminence.com ?  Maybe a good resource for the crossover point and horn selection.  As compression drivers can be significantly more efficient than cones, consider 16 ohm horn drivers and 8 ohm woofers...

Last thing.  Its going to be lumpy...  got a buddy with a Presonus SL board ?  They have a limited version of SMAART baked in.  Hook up,the board, reference mic and a Mac and let that determine where the lumps are so you can house curve them out.  Good winter time project for you...

on: Today at 11:38:03 am 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by John Sulek
I came across this thread from a year ago:
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=161545.10

This product was referenced:
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,161332.0.html

Would something like this work for my needs?.....
I had issues again on saturday. Whilst I was on stage with everyone else my system worked perfectly but as soon as I got more than 10ft from the stage, the RF stopped working. I threw up my spare BLX (the one not in the rack) and the night went smoothly.
I want to use the receiver in the rack so I think getting a remote antenna would be best at this point.

This is my priority and combining the iems is next on the list.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already...
Have you tried more physical separation in the rack between tx and rx units?
The BLX may be getting some rf overload from the tx units...I think it has a plastic casing so maybe not the best shielding from the outside world.

on: Today at 11:23:46 am 
Started by Mal Brown - Last post by Geert Friedhof
Get a passive DI box with a -20 or -30 dB pad.

on: Today at 11:05:55 am 
Started by Mike--Anderson - Last post by Mike--Anderson
Selling a used Yamaha DM2000 with meter bridge and road case and a 48 channel Ethersound snake system. 
Snake systems comes with 6 AD8hr preamps, 2 DA824 output devices, 2 NAI48-ES, 3 Yamah MY16-ES64 cards snake does not come with the road case or myMix system in the picture.

Package deal
$4,000

Mike Anderson
434-229-2509

on: Today at 11:04:51 am 
Started by Mal Brown - Last post by Mal Brown
Upcoming brewery anniversary date.  They want me to send signal to their Sonos wireless broadcaster.  They distribute background audio to the brewery, tasting room, receiving dock, etc using the Sonos.  Well be in a big tent out front.  The Sonos gizmo will be somewhere with 100.  Maybe sitting in my stagebox...

So far Sweetwater shows the ART Cleanbox as a candidate.  Have any of you used one ?  Is there better ?  Should I just wire up a set of XLR or rca and keep the volume in check ? 

Signal is Mono.  Board is either an si1 or 3 depending on the riders...

on: Today at 11:04:16 am 
Started by Bob Leonard - Last post by Tim McCulloch
Guess what tune's now going round & round in my head, thanks to you!

It could be worse - you could be the handicapped fellow who was stuck on Disney's "It's a Small World" attraction when the gondola-moving apparatus broke down.  Other riders were removed but because of his disability, Disney workers decided it was safer to leave him in the gondola.  Disney's Animatronic displays (at least at Disneyland) cannot be shut down, so this chap was stuck for almost 4 hours while the ride was repaired.

"It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all......"  for 4 hours?  He sued for mental suffering.

on: Today at 10:43:13 am 
Started by Yoon Cha - Last post by Nathan Riddle

I am dumbfounded, but I really need to hook up CD player / Keyboard / Electronic Drums to the mixer, and Ive seen some (very) concerning threads:

You really should be running high impedance, unbalanced sources through a DI box and not straight into the desk.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are any of the sources he listed high impedance?

CD Player (-10dB unbalanced)
Keyboard (varies...maybe +4? unbal/bal?)
v-drums (+4 balanced)

In my experience you can run all of the listed sources into an XLR input (on a more recent board) with proper cabling & understanding of the sources.

(the Rane articles will explain this fully Yoon Cha)

on: Today at 10:30:43 am 
Started by Jamin Lynch - Last post by John Roberts {JR}
I doubt the poodle would just shake it off....   :o

JR

on: Today at 10:23:25 am 
Started by Bob Leonard - Last post by David Morison
Perhaps you should mount a candelabra sized light socket in Terry's nose, find a red spherical bulb in the 40 watt range, thread it in, and have Terry the red nosed Dactle on your front lawn this time of year. ;)

Gene

Guess what tune's now going round & round in my head, thanks to you!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.