ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:15:52 am 
Started by Jamin Lynch - Last post by BrianHenry
The wiring job on the truss mounted equipment would drive me crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: Today at 12:56:03 am 
Started by Chris Edwards - Last post by Renard Hurtado

[/quote]i was discussing this with a friend also some other major brands that has been sold or bought by other companies and burried ( SWR etc).

His answer was "Yamaha is forever", maybe he's
right !

Renard from Curacao

on: Today at 12:00:15 am 
Started by Jamin Lynch - Last post by Tim Halligan
There is the horrible possibility that this is just one side of the rig.

Ew.

Cheers,
Tim

on: Yesterday at 11:58:42 pm 
Started by Joseph D. Macry - Last post by frank kayser
A female singer-songwriter I worked with recently liked the PR-35 I used that night much better than the KSM105 she usually carries.  Go figure.  I've also mixed her on a 58 with some better than respectable results.
Not my "favorite", but the 58 does indeed set a pretty high bar.  A real workhorse.

on: Yesterday at 11:44:45 pm 
Started by SeanHalstead - Last post by Baines Kinnison
Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Oops! No problem, will do.

on: Yesterday at 11:29:40 pm 
Started by Joseph D. Macry - Last post by BrianHenry
I bought a pair of PR31BW and love them.  I'll probably sell the PR22 and buy another PR31BW.

I have a 31BW and love it too. Have thought about getting more as well. I've used it on vocals and on various parts of the kit so far. Great mic. Been wanting to try a PR48 but have a slew of kick mics already.

I haven't tried a 22 I but not as enthusiastic about it as I was after reading about it here.

On topic, I still go to my 58s quite often. I instinctively know what to do to make it sound good at this point so I really only reach for other options if I'm having an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: Yesterday at 10:22:19 pm 
Started by Jonathan Hiemberg - Last post by Kevin Conlon
That would probably be the Bose 501, nice coffee table, great speaker if your ears are on your knees and you like two paper cone tweeters that struggle above 8k (no highs, no lows, must be Bose) Also the dual tweeters not facing each other in the corner of the speaker does a fine job of making sure you have lots of different arrivals to sort out.

One of my favorite Bose stories.  I was 16 or 17 and my current stereo was a pair of Mac mono 40 watt amps powering a divine pair of simple 8" two ways up and stands where they should be.  My Fisher 15" Mach One clones had been relegated to subwoofer duty and they were stands for the 8" (I didn't understand the clustering of the subs, shame because I only had 150W ch to the 15's with a SAE active crossover).  I also had simple belt base with an Infinity Black Widow arm and a Grado Moving coil cartridge.  The pride of the system was a Conrad Johnson original first generation preamp (no tone controls, I had built an external passive EQ, just a three way stepped attenuator).  This was quite a system for 1981 and a teenager humping 2 way radios into garbage trucks.  I had probably sold a truck load of weed to pay for it all (statute of limitations is long up).    So my Dad tells me his friend just got the most amazing "hi fi set, that's what Dad called a stereo) he had ever seen.  So off we go in the Delta 88 to this home with an amazing built in wall unit.  He had a consumer grade reel to reel (at least it had the 10" reels) spinning, some oversize receiver of the era and a set of Bose 901's with the factory fly kit of macrame rope!  Playing was disco era star Andrea True "More More More" a masterpiece of banality that sounded like it had been dubbed from vinyl with a mismatched phone input and the preamps on the R2R turned up all the way so the noise floor was about 3db down from the music and what little dynamic range existed at 7 1/2 IPS was sucked into oblivion by the poor recording technique.   

So I ask the fellow if I could tune in a radio station.  Back in the day Love 94 was run by audiophiles and had about the best analog FM you ever heard.  After a few minutes of smooth jazz favorites of the day from Earl Klugh, Al Dimeola and their contemporaries I said it sounded terrible.  Muddy, no soundstage and then explained that with all the speakers in the back it facing a friggin' book shelf that perhaps if you turned the speakers around they would sound better.  Offering the observation that if you stuck your head between the wall unit and the speaker it sounded better than the so called "no radiating" or better minimally radiating front of the 901's.

I thought I had just insulted the guy's manhood as he told me I was just not use to listening to fine equipment. 

It was actually even funnier but the story is so nuanced it would turn into a short story.

Bottom line is old Bose sounded awful.
I would have to look but they may be 501's. The knob to direct the tweeter. While not great if you are sitting in critical thinking mode they are ok if you are moving around the house. you can hear them anywhere. Bose has never been on top of my list. I do work with the ones you can change the curve on but i only send vocals through them, works well. Anyway i thought the OP was looking for input about vinyl playback and while my bose need a new home i stand by the marantz of the day. A bit pricey these days, was amazed at what mine brought on ebay. JBL had some good stuff back then too. I was never a hi-fi guy, just wanted volume and some form of clarity back then. So pay me no mind on this!!!
                      Kevin.

on: Yesterday at 09:31:07 pm 
Started by Doug Fowler - Last post by Doug Fowler
This topic has been moved to LAB Lounge.

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=163966.0

on: Yesterday at 08:48:11 pm 
Started by Scott Holtzman - Last post by Chris Hindle
Not to change the topic but sears just announced they are closing another 20 stores.

JR
58 in Canada, 4 in the Montreal area alone.
Chris.

on: Yesterday at 08:47:36 pm 
Started by Jamin Lynch - Last post by Craig Leerman
Its not a DJ show unless there is a Yellow or Orange power cord

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 13 queries.