ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:44:38 am 
Started by Johan Falt - Last post by David Sturzenbecher
Anyone over there who has had the chance to pinch and feel and even hear the VTX A8?

Any thoughts?

They were on display at infocomm, but no live demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

on: Today at 07:37:45 am 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by Bob Leonard
This may sound strange, but I was looking for an HD canopy the other day and my search brought me to gazebo's. It seems like high quality gazebos with screens, etc. are available at very good prices from all of the big box stores. Get as fancy as you want, and spend as little or as much as you want.

on: Today at 07:31:17 am 
Started by scottstephens - Last post by Ike Zimbel
RF Venue has a floor pad antenna call the RF Spotlight.
Never used one but it looks interesting.
I've used them for both Tx and Rx. They're great when you want / need to localize things. For example I've used them successfully a couple of times for the IEM Tx for the live band segment of the NHL outdoor hockey games I've done. My reasoning was this: In a coordination of up to 300 frequencies, why would I want to be spraying 8-16 fairly strong Tx all over the venue for one 20 minute segment? Sightlines are also a big issue on that gig because the stage is a flat deck between the stands and the rink.
On both occasions the band was Bryan Adams. On the first one they said it worked fine for the performance but things were a bit iffy in the offstage area. On the second one, I added a local whip to the monitor position which took care of that. First show, the mat was just on the deck, downstage center-ish, the 2nd one, the monitor tech put it under the deck and that worked fine too.

on: Today at 07:23:10 am 
Started by Dave Batistig - Last post by Bob Leonard
My personal observations of that era are identical.

I've seen this as well while attending a "Neil" show. The venue was fairly small (4000 capacity) and the sound, if you want to call it that, from Neil's rig was overwhelming. We left early, went to a bar down the street where we could still hear the band at a much lower volume, then got drunk. Best he's ever sounded, so I guess for the best results the layout should include a wall between Neil and the rest of the world.

on: Today at 05:26:12 am 
Started by Johan Falt - Last post by Johan Falt
Anyone over there who has had the chance to pinch and feel and even hear the VTX A8?

Any thoughts?

on: Today at 04:23:58 am 
Started by Ian Borg - Last post by MikeHarris
dang..i shoulda never thrown out those UREI 527 security covers

on: Today at 01:59:42 am 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Stephen Kirby
Sticking a mic in over the top of the bass drum is not a new technique by any means.  Lots of variations of this.  From minimal mic'ing to using it with an otherwise fully close mic'd kit to add color and some sense of space.

Most overheads have far too much HF.  Even cymbals sound unnatural.  Thus the popularity of various alternative mic'ing techniques and using things like ribbon mics with rolled of HF.  The closer you can approximate the perspective/balance the drummer hears, the less mics you need (provided you have a drummer who can balance themselves and doesn't need a fix it in the mix).

on: Today at 01:52:59 am 
Started by Dave Batistig - Last post by Stephen Kirby
And at that level there should be no reason not to isolate the cabinets from the audience or use power reducers to get "your sound".  Even if it means a flat pack iso cabinet the size of a small room.
You miss the point.  It's not only about running an amp at some volume level to get it to break up in a particular way, it's also about the acoustic interaction between the guitar and the sound on stage.  Long before you get to the point of Santana like feedback the sound of the guitar will bloom and react differently when hit with airborne soundwaves.  It doesn't take a wall of full stacks to do this, but it doesn't work with a Quilter and an iso cab either.

on: Today at 12:55:54 am 
Started by Jonathan Goodall - Last post by Andrien (No Last Name)
The Qu-32 (2700) price is very close to the SQ-5(2800).

But if you are happy with the 16 channels built into the SQ-5, then the Qu-16 price is $1550.

I'm not saying the Qu/SQ are interchangeable, just that the price points are very different and I don't expect SQ to make A&H drop the Qu line.

Nope, I don't mean that SQ and Qu are interchangeable in anyway, but more on the fact that you can't expect many of dLive features on SQ where it is generally position under GLD line. I do wish it is more inline with GLD at least, but you can't have 96khz and GLD features at that price I suppose (or maybe they will surprise us in v1.4)

on: Today at 12:54:35 am 
Started by Bob Leonard - Last post by Jonathan Johnson

I agree with that thought. With very few exceptions, the hardest I push my tractor is bush hogging. I use a mid-weight 60 bush hog. I run an engine speed at around 1800-1900 RPM or at least according to the tachometer on the console.

Standard PTO speeds are 540 and 1000 RPM. Often the engine speed that corresponds with 540 or 1000 PTO RPM is marked on the tach, and it's somewhat less than full throttle.

It's my understanding that many implements are designed for most effective operation on a PTO turning at 540 or 1000 RPM. That doesn't necessarily translate to a typical riding mower, but it seems to me that full throttle may not be ideal there, either.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 18 queries.