ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 03:36:04 pm 
Started by Pete Erskine - Last post by augie propersi
Thanks Henry

Who would be able to rent/demo a RAD system for a few weeks end of September into a few weeks in October,
feel free to contact me offline apropersi@citycenter.org

on: Today at 03:35:52 pm 
Started by Steve Garris - Last post by John L Nobile
This:http://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/road_stories_2/

Interesting read as I'm old enough to remember the Ports of Call. Never worked there but I did see a few good bands in there.

on: Today at 03:31:58 pm 
Started by Nathan Riddle - Last post by Nathan Riddle
For reference :)

Am I allowed to ask for job quotes on here?
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,164565.0.html

Aaaanddd this is going in my "Business Minded Questions" Thread :)

Good thread/post/questions.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind knowing what everyone quoted its just nice to know you're not being dumb. Most of my live sound pricing structure is based off of Ray's posts in my thread and any competition I have in the area. My install quotes are based off of Caleb Dueck's private help and competition in my area.

Sorry I'm off topic, but just wanted to give some context :)

on: Today at 03:29:32 pm 
Started by Simon Eves - Last post by Nathan Riddle
Aaaanddd this is going in my "Business Minded Questions" Thread :)

Good thread/post/questions.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind knowing what everyone quoted its just nice to know you're not being dumb. Most of my live sound pricing structure is based off of Ray's posts in my thread and any competition I have in the area. My install quotes are based off of Caleb Dueck's private help and competition in my area.

Sorry I'm off topic, but just wanted to give some context :)

on: Today at 03:26:40 pm 
Started by Steve Hurt - Last post by dick rees
 With apologies in advance to Bob, Steve and everyone:

This reminds me of the old story about the lady sporting a HUGE diamond and pushing a gnarled, droolng old man in a wheel-chair.  One guy says to the other, "That's the famous Ferschlugginer diamond.  Whoever wears it is subject to a horrible curse."

The other guy asks," What's the curse?"

"Mr. Ferschlugginer.  That's him in the chair..."

on: Today at 03:23:59 pm 
Started by josh saulsbury - Last post by Chrysander 'C.R.' Young
OP, where are you located?  Some folks here may be willing to donate an hour or two of their expertise an act of service and help you sort this out or maybe point you to someone you can hire to fix this.  Fixing this issue remotely will likely be difficult at best.

on: Today at 03:17:56 pm 
Started by Nitin Sidhu - Last post by Nathan Riddle
Not to steer you in a different direction because you said compare only JBL, but I'd have a look at the Martin Audio CDD series. Personally, I think they are a better (price, better coverage, sound 'better') choice for most applications.

I have mixed on both an installed AE series system and use the SRX835's for my live sound side.

I mix HOW music (cont, loud/punchy).

I have not compared side by side.

Personally, I don't like the AE installed series compared to the SRX. I think my SRX sound better, I believe that is the FIR processing.

If you had AE with FIR, maybe they'd sound better.

Note: i'm not exactly sure which series of AE is installed in the venue. Also, I don't think they get very loud??

on: Today at 03:16:55 pm 
Started by Steve Garris - Last post by BrianHenry
Nobody ever bought a record because of the snare sound, at least anyone with music in them. 

In this game, everyone's an expert, but I'm the only one that matters when I'm mixing as I'm getting paid and they are not!

I bought Diary by Sunny Day Real Estate primarily for Brad Wood's drum sound...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: Today at 03:16:20 pm 
Started by Steve Garris - Last post by Dave Pluke
Any pro or even semi pro sound guy will not give advise to another sound tech unless requested. When I go see other bands I try to look for things to complement them on, but keep my mouth shut if I don't like it.

A couple of occasions come to mind:

1) A few years ago, at a street festival, I cautioned the FOH guy that the stage left top boxes were vibrating across the subs and about to come crashing down off the mobile stage onto pavement (or patrons).

2) A couple of weeks ago, when I complimented the FOH guy for Australian Pink Floyd - because it really sounded fantastic (in an uncovered amphitheater).

Dave

on: Today at 03:13:27 pm 
Started by Steve Litscher - Last post by Steve Litscher
Considering selling our JTR Orbit Shifters and have the following available:

QTY 4 = JTR Orbit Shifters (2017 model, 8-ohm drivers)
QTY 2 = QSC PL380 amplifiers (August 2016 build dates)

All are in mint/immaculate condition - no blemishes, scars, etc.

$1300 per Orbit Shifter
$1400 per PL380

Would prefer to sell all at once. Can arrange freight shipping if necessary.

Thoughts?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 14 queries.