ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 11:54:28 AM 
Started by Mike Monte - Last post by Chris Grimshaw
Maybe a comb filter, but when you've got that much radiating area, it'll get pretty directional as well. Moving off-axis would likely result in the effects described in the first post.

I agree that 1xCab/side would have been better, if it would have been able to keep up. Chances are it wouldn't. I guess someone decided more = more, and went from there.
If enough channels of amplification were available, an instrument per speaker (Grateful Dead style) would have bought some headroom.

Chris

on: Yesterday at 11:29:08 AM 
Started by Warren Groenewald - Last post by Brian Jojade
RCA jacks are typically a -10db unbalanced input.

Outputs on mixers vary, with pro level XLR outputs typically being +4db (when reading 0 on the mixer.)

If your mixer has a higher output, you can either put a pad inline, or you simply run the meters lower, realizing the maximum input you should be using.

The 402 has RCA tape outputs, which the level isn't specified in the manual, but most likely would be -10db.  The tape outputs are paralleled to the main outputs and work the same way.  Easy cable and done. 

Of course, make sure the speakers can handle what you're sending to them.  Sometimes aux inputs are more sensitive and a full signal level will overdrive the speakers attached.

on: Yesterday at 10:32:08 AM 
Started by Mike Monte - Last post by Tim McCulloch
It appears that they made a couple of big comb filters.

The speculation about the exact Yamaha loudspeaker is a red herring.

on: Yesterday at 10:30:19 AM 
Started by Frank Koenig - Last post by Tim McCulloch
I cannot say that ASIO4All will fix your problem, but I will say that using it has not been a problem for me, so far, but I'm not using Win11 in the field.

on: Yesterday at 09:01:13 AM 
Started by Kevin Maxwell - Last post by John Schalk
I am not sure where you got the idea the software is "calibrated" for the plethora of iPad and iPhone products.  Studio Six Digital sells a USB microphone that contains a calibration chip the software can read.  This is the only way to get a calibrated reading.  You need the mic, it's $100 well spent.
Studio Six Digital calibrates their apps to use the built-in microphones.  That information comes from watching their short video on how to use their SPL meters.  You can find a link for it in the app.

on: Yesterday at 08:53:48 AM 
Started by Warren Groenewald - Last post by Warren Groenewald
Hello

We have a Yamaha P115 keyboard with [L/L+R] AUX OUT jacks, 1/4″ jacks.
Then we have a digital church organ connected to very good speakers, and the organ has [L/L+R] RCA inputs. Unfortunately we cannot easily get to the organs speakers to see what the amplifiers look like in terms of inputs, so our best bet is connecting directly to the organ inputs at this stage.

There are two things I am trying to simplify with the least amount of extra things to switch on and balance sound/mixers/etc:
  • Be able to connect the Yamaha to the organ easily, this would need to be easy as possible as I won't always be there to set this up for the pianists
  • Be able to connect a small mixer to the organ, like the Mackie 402-VLZ4, for the odd occasion we want to send anything else over the organ speakers

I was considering running a single RCA cable (since mono is totally ok for this scenario) to a small box with a female 1/4″ jack port, but I'm uncertain that the output levels of the keyboard or mixer would be suitable to just run straight into this little box into the organ's RCA input, or if there is a more suitable option?

on: Yesterday at 07:52:24 AM 
Started by Mike Monte - Last post by Chris Hindle
Sounds like whoever was in charge of sound was an idiot. 1500 people is a good sized crowd.
"Hey Guys, for that gig this weekend, Bob's band has the same gear as us. Let's put it all together. We should be OK."

Chris  :o

on: Yesterday at 06:58:52 AM 
Started by Debbie Teague - Last post by Rob Bernstein
Can you help identify the problem with the distortion in the vocal mic in this clip? It's a Shure GLXD system. Wondering if the problem is proximity to the Allen & Heath ME-1 mixing console the choir director is using? https://youtu.be/QBoEL3tZdbk
Debbie,
I am not a fan of the GLXD system, one of the singers in a wedding band I worked for had one.
Because these operate in the 2.4GHz spectrum they are constantly being hit by phones and other Wifi garbage. One of the issues I discovered (when hearing that same crunchy drop-out sound you are hearing) was the GLXD receiver was too close to the router I was using for my mixer. Moving the two away from each other helped, but didn't completely fix the issue.
I tried changing the channel the GLXD was using (it is supposed to find a clean frequency on its own) but could never get the unit to operate trouble-free for any extended period of time.
The singer finally sold the unit and got herself a Shure SLXD which operates in the UHF band. No issues since then (and I always scan the venue prior to a performance).
Just my 2-cents.

on: Yesterday at 06:18:01 AM 
Started by Mike Monte - Last post by JeffLilly
 Sounds like whoever was in charge of sound was an idiot. 1500 people is a good sized crowd.

on: Yesterday at 12:44:06 AM 
Started by scottstephens - Last post by Bob Stone
I’ve eyed them, but haven’t bought one.

The Yamaha AG06mk2 has also interested me in a similar vein.

I have an AG03mk2 for my desktop just as an interface to get a mic in and sometimes signal out, works fairly decent, but is very basic and not at all geared towards live sound (ie. hooking it up to PA equipment).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.