ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 06:39:22 am 
Started by Frank Caridi - Last post by Frank Caridi
okay Iím going to try a crossover but I definitely have questions on how to set this thing up.
Okay so my list is

Behringer CX2310 Super-X Pro
DBX 223xs or 234xs
Samson S-3

on: Today at 06:25:36 am 
Started by Frank Caridi - Last post by Geert Friedhof
I posted this back on page 3, but here it is again:
https://goo.gl/o5SVRy

I was expecting sometimg more sassy from a page 3 article... ;D

on: Today at 06:15:15 am 
Started by Daniel Violette - Last post by TJ (Tom) Cornish
Thanks for the reply Jeff,

I will possibly look at the Altmans; I took a quick look at e-bay and you are right, they can be had cheap. I am not a lighting tech, so I don't understand what you mean by doing "black" and "laser effects". I would just be using to light people from the front. I thought instead of using barn doors, just choose different pictures to project.

Dan
Lekos and barn doors donít go together.  Lekos have their own internal shutters that do the framing.  Barn doors are for pars or fresnels.  All of these can work for front wash, with varying compromises.

Video projectors have been used for stage wash - the High End DL series of moving lights are video projectors mounted on yokes with some smarts for aiming and alignment.  In your case, however, this is akin to making a 500-piece Rube Goldberg machine to put your toast in the toaster.

If budget is the deciding factor, go on your local Craigslist and search for par lights or par cans.  You should be able to pick up Par 38 fixtures for less than $10 each, and used cheapo dimmers for $50 for a basic 4-channel tree pack.  This is a modest power system that you can get rolling for just a few hundred dollars including a light board. 

RE LED - I know these are all the rage, but do you really need it?  There are no retrofits that provide acceptable dimming for stage fixtures.  As Caleb pointed out, there are LED wash pars that can work depending on how much output you need, but youíre into more money, for sure. 

RE framing/shutters/barn doors - again, do you need this?  I use ETC Source Four pars and the wider angle lenses are rotatable to provide a rectangular pattern that gets me what I want 80% of the time with no barn doors.  If I take the time to put the right lens in the par - a great feature of the Source Four PAR, I get what I want 90% of the time without having to put barn doors on.

on: Today at 05:22:08 am 
Started by Al Rettich - Last post by Joe Pieternella
A stack of 1100's is probably vertical and rigged together. Possibly 180degrees relative to each other. Or the center stack of two could be reversed to make the pattern.
Were we talking relative values here or total delay times. Maybe someone "forgot" to add delay to the front facing subs to line them up to the rest of the system

Verstuurd vanaf mijn G8341 met Tapatalk

on: Today at 03:54:22 am 
Started by Helge A Bentsen - Last post by Daniel Levi
An addendum is that without the control surface you only get access to all the controls in the plugin for 2 weeks after that only external control (i.e. via midi) or automation works. As for installing on multiple machines I believe the plugin allows unlimited licences, it certinaly allows for unlimited instances.
This is designed to allow you to still use the plugin when travelling but then locks it down as they feel that the hardware is an importand part of the system.

on: Today at 03:23:07 am 
Started by Frank Caridi - Last post by Chris Grimshaw
So I don't see any reason to go out and spend $80-100 on something that only adds marginal results and will have little to no resale value later when he goes to upgrade.

Highpassing the main speakers is as important as having a highpass on the subwoofer - protection from over-excursion, and an increase in headroom. Midbass cones flapping around trying to do bass doesn't sound good.

Chris

on: Today at 03:16:07 am 
Started by Kevin Conlon - Last post by Helge A Bentsen
Look at the Powersoft K20.

It's all the subwoofer amp you'll ever need. Extreme performance even when you don't need it all.

on: Today at 03:11:07 am 
Started by Franklin Benjamin - Last post by Steve M Smith
Lecturn.  You stand on the podium.

Excellent.  Someone as pedantic as me!

Steve.

on: Today at 01:16:53 am 
Started by Daniel Violette - Last post by Daniel Violette
Hi Dan,

Will it work - sort of?  Will it look good - no.  Can you not find something such as an Altman 360Q in your price range?  With the LED revolution they can be had for next to nothing these days!

Why won't a projector look good?  Trying to explain within the scope of my knowledge (which isn't great for projectors), the color temperature of the projector won't look anything close to the warm light of a halogen source, not to mention that most projectors can't do "black" really well - hence they tend to fail at replicating laser effects.  I also can't see how to use gel or diffusion with a projector...  Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Jeff,

I will possibly look at the Altmans; I took a quick look at e-bay and you are right, they can be had cheap. I am not a lighting tech, so I don't understand what you mean by doing "black" and "laser effects". I would just be using to light people from the front. I thought instead of using barn doors, just choose different pictures to project.

Dan

on: Today at 01:09:30 am 
Started by Daniel Violette - Last post by Daniel Violette
Any LED or more likely, laser projector with enough output, that can be hung at any angle, with tight enough beam angle - will cost multiples more than a leko.   Look at the Chauvet DJ EVE50's as ultra-cheap option for shorter throws. 

To get lower in cost - Chauvet SlimParProW fixtures in quantity are very competitively priced, under $200 each.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply Caleb,

That is exactly what I mean. The EVE50s will cost me around $900 CAD, each with taxes and shipping. I would like two. That is a hell of a lot of money for me. However, I like the SlimParProW and the price is not bad at all. Thanks for the tip. I may also look at the Altman 360Qs as Jeff proposed. I wonder if anyone has successfully made an LED retrofit for these lamps?

Dan

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 14 queries.