ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 08:44:10 pm 
Started by Jason Anthony - Last post by Luke Geis
The Behringer I-Nuke series has shown to be rather dependable and surprisingly quite close to rated spec. While I would not plan on flogging them, they should be just fine and the price is hard to beat. The EP series of Behringer is very much an QSC RMX rip off. Nothing inherently wrong with them either and are reliable enough. Again hard to beat for the price.

I myself am not a fan of the QSC GX series of amps. They are very much dumbed down to fit into the market segment. I don't find their power to weight ration very nice either.

I have no experience with the Yamaha amps mentioned, but I am sure they will be more than good enough.

Given the choices you presented, the Behringer I-Nuke stuff is very hard to beat and the option I would go with.

on: Today at 08:44:09 pm 
Started by frank kayser - Last post by James Paul
FWIW, another source of high frequency are the AGC 19-20khz defeat tones utilized in DSLR audio mixers such as Beachtek and JuicedLink. Now how these could possibly be part and parcel to the OP situation is beyond my pay grade.

on: Today at 08:23:09 pm 
Started by Chrysander 'C.R.' Young - Last post by Luke Geis
I had a similar issue with and X32 before. It would only read one particular stick that I had. Needless to say it was frustrating. Keep trying different sticks. One is bound to work.

on: Today at 08:10:11 pm 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Debbie Dunkley
Nothing wrong with that.

:)

on: Today at 07:39:32 pm 
Started by John Roll - Last post by Dave Garoutte
Up right or on its side?
If on its side, you can cut a couple of 2x4s with an arc, place the speaker in the arc, and rotate the speaker as needed.

on: Today at 07:30:33 pm 
Started by Robert Lunceford - Last post by Robert Lunceford
What I'd like to see/hear, is the Fulcrum with the Danley horn, or the Danley with the Fulcrum FIR !

Fulcrum has a line of horn loaded cabinets that claim pattern control to below 300Hz.
It is hard to tell from the drawing on the pdf, but the design does look similar to a Danley.
https://www.fulcrum-acoustic.com/assets/pdf/Spec%20Sheets/Prod%20Spec,%20AH96%20v6.pdf

They say that for every action there is a reaction. If FIR filters were added to a Danley Synergy Horn, besides latency, would the FIR filters have any other negative effect on their performance?

on: Today at 07:18:16 pm 
Started by John Roll - Last post by John Roll
Looking for ideas on how to change the angle of the cabinet for nearfield use. Looking for something that will maintain the angle and not slide out from under the cab during use. I was thinking of a rubber doorstop or something like a wheel chock but smaller. Suggestions?

Thanks,
John

on: Today at 07:18:13 pm 
Started by Isaac South - Last post by Stephen Swaffer
If you can afford it and assuming you have enough mixer channels, get a separate system like Brian suggests.  I have shared lavaliers and handhelds-when these things are an issue-but ONLY when I had control of the mics or had an assistant whose job was helping with sound that could make sure only one mic at a time was turned on.  If you leave that up to someone on the platform, you will eventually wind up with both mics on-or no mics on.

In a HOW setting, my preference is to "train" those on the platform to leave the mic switches alone- I turn them on before the service and off afterwards.  You are far less likely to have a "dead" mic that way.  Occasionally, we will have a guest speaker that gets mic's ahead of time-I hand him the mic turned on.  Of course, there can be privacy issues walking around with a transmitting mic, but I figure if he wants to, he can shut it off and then it is on him to turn it back on.

More than likely, if you leave the handheld and the lavalier-or even the pulpit and lavalier-both on, there very likely will be some interference between the mics.

I prefer mic issues to be in my hand-not someone who is not focusing on the sound system.

on: Today at 07:05:51 pm 
Started by Ben Robertson - Last post by Nathan Riddle
The DMX control switches the polarity of pins 2/3. Are you using crossover cables?

on: Today at 07:00:14 pm 
Started by Bill Hinds - Last post by Ray Aberle
Hi All, I need some help. Called Shure and after 20+ minutes on hold with customer service got disconnected sooo, thought I would put the issue here.

Tried to upgrade the firmware in the receiver  (which was successful) then to the Body Pack Transmitter. The 1st attempt bombed out. Tried it again now the receiver has an Error 008 (might be 007) code and no frequencies listed . Just dashes and Wil not allow me to try the firmware upgrade again. 

Any suggestions? Or maybe How to do a default reset for the Body Pack?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,  Bill
That's a trip back to Shure. A local company I work with had a QLXD do that as well- sounds like theirs was more random (not as a result of a FW update) but multiple tries and it doesn't work. AFAIK they're sending it back to Shure for repair. (Or it went back as a part of their 600MHz trade in program... haha)

-Ray

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 15 queries.