ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 09:18:18 am 
Started by Dave Coulter - Last post by Samuel Rees
Thanks Samuel. I know there are a lot of mixers on this forum who use the Si series. It would help me out a lot if any of you could weigh in on this.  Do you find the gain control to ever induce noise into the signal? Thanks.

I have an an Si Compact and I mix on Expressions here and there. I don't explicitly remember whether or not there are any artifacts. I can test the Compact when it gets back from a rental today if I have time. Even Digico MADIrack pres make a little something when you spin them real fast IIRC... unless the sound on the impact is unusually severe I probably wouldn't worry about it myself.

on: Today at 08:58:33 am 
Started by Mike Sokol - Last post by David Buckley
I'm in the USA and I think the rest of the world is wrong... :D

Well, I guess you would.  :)

However, I am reminded of an event from 1963, the trial of Stephen Ward, a witness named Mandy Rice-Davies, when questioned about a statement made by Lord Astor, that he denied having slept with her,  she famously replied "Well, he would say that, wouldn’t he?"...

on: Today at 08:51:40 am 
Started by Gary Fitzpatrick - Last post by David Simpson
I put a QU-PAC into 2 different church installs last year. Each had only a handful of wireless and wired inputs and mains / baby room outputs. Both congregations are very happy with the units. Neither has dedicated tech staff or voulenteers and seem to navigate things well as needed.

~Dave

on: Today at 08:44:13 am 
Started by Richard Penrose - Last post by Jim McKeveny
.... a speaker with no switches I have to check every time...

This feature-set creep on MI self-powered speakers is a recurring problem for larger inventories. A DSP with configuration lock would be helpful.

on: Today at 08:13:23 am 
Started by Neil Cox - Last post by Neil Cox
There is only one road to salvation, and Qlab is it's name...

Sent fra min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Hi thank you for your advice I will look into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: Today at 07:56:48 am 
Started by Helge Dr. Bentsen - Last post by Peter Morris
The plan is to capture a trace from the DUT with Smaart and process it with FIR Designer.

DUT in this case is a stereo playback system with a sub and one listener.

FWIW - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LLYkGj7Zbk

on: Today at 07:49:49 am 
Started by Richard Penrose - Last post by Alec Spence
It looks like RCF may be utilizing the ART 7 series components in new NX models that are coming out soon. Wood cabinets, full grills.
Although the current models have some ergonomic oddities for FOH use, i.e., power and signal connectors come out of the top face of the cab when the speakers are pole mounted.

Pricier, too, unsurprisingly.

on: Today at 07:42:15 am 
Started by RichardStringer - Last post by RichardStringer
I did model the P400 and according to WinISD it wasn't right for my Wharfedale Delta 218 enclosure due to port noise and my Delta 218 enclosures having too much port area. The Delta 218 enclosures are quite small inside and have 4 triangular large ports per enclosure (each drivers chamber).

on: Today at 07:36:32 am 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by Rick Earl
If you want vintage - buy vintage.
This company is in Jamestown,  only an hour or two from you.

http://vintageaudioexchange.com/product-category/antique-radios/restored/

on: Today at 07:32:06 am 
Started by Steve Ferreira - Last post by Bob Leonard
Will this have any bearing on the larger format Expressions as well as the performer line?  with the cost of the impact and being able to mix more channels, I'd have to question the need for higher priced expressions and performers.  Individual channel encoders are nice but...

I'd really love to see a small format 16 channel impact and Si Rack mount.  I know the Ui24 is on its way but after playing around with ui16, I still prefer the dedicated app like the QU and x32 have.  Not knocking the Ui, It is a nice little unit.  I just found the layout of the qu easier and faster.

You can't compare an Impact to a Performer. Two very different beasts, and still top of the Si line.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 12 queries.