ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:46:01 PM 
Started by Mike Monte - Last post by Craig Hauber
+1. Are we actually talking about the Yamaha 4115H cabinets of my youth?!
There wasn't too much stacking going on with those! The heaviest telex-covered particle-board boxes I've ever dealt with that were only rated at "100W"
-Mine actually were run with the matching console. -mixing, EQ and effects all in one handy box!

on: Today at 12:48:04 PM 
Started by Mike Monte - Last post by Riley Casey
If so they should probably be in a museum rather than out on shows.

on: Today at 12:47:45 PM 
Started by Mike Monte - Last post by Chris Hindle

Nice throwback. Haha. Used to call them YammA-7's...
Chris.

on: Today at 12:23:11 PM 
Started by Mike Monte - Last post by Ike Zimbel
Stacking them with the top cabinet upside down for a horn to horn stack would help assuming they just needed more straight ahead output.

on: Today at 11:51:06 AM 
Started by Frank Koenig - Last post by Frank Koenig
NEVER MIND! I got Smaart working with WDM. All I had to do was set Measurement Config to the correct device (Wave: DVS receive…) and everything works. Sorry for wasting everyone’s time  :-[

--Frank

on: Today at 11:50:50 AM 
Started by Christopher Greco - Last post by Brian Jojade
You HAVE NO IDEA how many people think this.
The lack of basic understanding in our industry is astounding sometimes

And that's why $300 power cables exist.

on: Today at 11:25:36 AM 
Started by Frank Koenig - Last post by Frank Koenig
Out of curiosity, what issues are you having using Smaart with DVS in WDM mode?

I get the “Failed to start device.” dialog. Screenshot below. Also screenshots of the “Audio Device Options” dialog as it appears when DVS is set to WDM. (First pic is scrolled up, second is scrolled down.) I normally check the options I don’t want it to use but unchecked everything in this instance to give it free reign. When I plug in a USB device (Sound Devices USBPre2, which supplies its own ASIO driver) Smaart works normally.

The other odd behavior is that, unlike previous installations of Smaart, this instance takes >1 min of looking at the splash screen before it’s up and running.

I can live with switching between ASIO and WDM on DVS but I really hate how brittle the whole Windows handling of audio streams is and that it never seems to get any better. I know many say the answer is use a Mac but that, of course, comes with its own problems and there’s the devil I know…  Thanks guys.

PS: Smaart version 7.5.2.1

--Frank

on: Today at 07:43:47 AM 
Started by Steve Garris - Last post by Gordon Brinton
Hey Dave..... I have continued to use V3 this whole time and the way I have things set up, I see no benefit (for myself) to paying $10 month for basically the same service - the extras that come with V4 do not interest me although I would understand others feeling differently. I do have to make sure I keep 'auto update' turned off on my iPads (got caught once before and had to restore an earlier saved iPad memory from Time Machine).

Yeah, I got screwed with that. I (unknowingly) updated to Version 4 and now I am locked out unless I subscribe...(those rat bastards). I only used Ver. 3  for a handful of simple lighting scenes, so it's not worth it to me to subscribe. Now I am looking for an alternative app that's free.

on: Today at 12:22:08 AM 
Started by Peter Kowalczyk - Last post by Peter Kowalczyk
Thanks all

I am planning to order parts soon to build another small batch of these M20 truss plate adaptors.  If anyone is interested in picking up a set, please DM me....

on: Yesterday at 10:46:11 PM 
Started by Luke Geis - Last post by Scott Holtzman
Oh boy everybody... I try and get out, but they just pull me back in!

Been a while since I have really contributed to the forum, but as luck would have it, in my retirement, I land what could potentially be the biggest, most lucrative and dream worthy gig of my life!!! So guess that means I have to come back :)

After the " Pandemic " started, I pivoted out of sound engineering and into IT work. I started off working as a production manager for an event production company, but after long hors and roughly half the income than what I was making prior to the pandemic, I quickly tired and transitioned into an IT gig for a pretty large company. It pays great, is solid and i do well at the job for the level I am at. I'm not a Sys-Admin yet, but I play in AD and manage an MDM like one. Anyway, let's get on with the fun stuff.

Years ago ( like 10 years ago ) I did sound for a person ( NDA ) and they were impressed with my work. Last year I did sound for them again ( at a gig I had done for years, and continued to do for fun ), and they were again impressed with my work. They asked if I was interested in doing sound for them on a tour, and I said sure, thinking I would never hear back... If you could eat thoughts, I would be dead. Nearly a year later they call, and I tell them I am essentially retired, but let me see what they have in mind. Let's just say that 100% of people who have heard the deal, say I would be an idiot for not taking the offer. My wife who swore she would leave me if I toured again, said better say yes...

So, this artist wants me to be an A1 @ FOH, do their rehearsals, Tune-Up shows, and their Full tour. They told me to pick the Mixer, and PA of my choice and that the tune-up dates are for 3000-6000 cap venues, then the tour dates will of course be full sized 10k+ cap events. I have some ideas but want some feedback from others on what their experience is with some mixers and PA's that fit that bill. This will be a purchased PA system, so limited rentals, but will be renting in European dates.

First my do not want list. I know some may laugh, but I really don't want an Avid S6L; really great mixer, so long as it works... Actually not interested in Avid at all. It is a 14 piece band, and I don't feel a need to burn 96+ channels, so I am looking at smaller format mixers anyway. As for PA I am not interested in EAW, JBL, or RCF, I am looking to run in the L' Acoustics, D&B Audiotechnik, Martin, or Meyer families. I am most familiar with L' Acoustics and D&B. That simple really. We are doing 100% IEM's so I need a mixer that will accommodate that, and for PA, I am more interested in a medium format ( this is not a rock band, more R&B/Pop ).

What I am looking at:

Allen & Heath Avantis, not first choice, but it honestly has enough, and I can get four of them for less than a single Avid S6L; which WILL stop working at some point. I have worked with an Avid S6L 5 times and there was only one instance where a backup wasn't needed... My main is honestly a Digico Quantum 225. It does what it needs to do. If they will allow it, an SD12 would be my first choice. I'm semi worried about availability in foreign countries, but I feel those two options have enough, will be reliable, and easy enough to acquire.  If you have any thoughts and or suggestions let me know.

As for PA, I am more or less leaning towards the L' Acoustics Kiva II, or their L System ( totally different fields I know ). I like the D&B V12 & Y12 series, or another choice would be the Meyer Leopard, or the Martin WPC. I have worked with the older Martin W8L and loved those, but time has passed... For the L' Acoustics L system it is more about scalability, I can run a two box, or a four box system and have my needs covered; and then some. Not only that, I like the Point source type of thing it has going for it ( yes I know, it is not actually a PS rig ).

I am very interested in reading others' ideas on what they may choose for this type of thing. I know what I would like, but I am looking for options I may have out of my periphery.

Your just going to rent a tour pack right?  Whatever you like better but I would go with Digico or Yamaha.  A&H would be great and I would get a dLive but I don't know if you are going to find one on on dry lease. 

What does the monitor engineer want to do?  A copper split of one of the new gain sharing systems? 

For the PA I would get a K2 and just be done with it.  Will you have an SE on tour also?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 19 queries.