ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 09:48:24 AM 
Started by Peter Kowalczyk - Last post by Dave Pluke
I have a seismic 32ch that I've used a handful of times with no issue.  Their stuff gets a bad rap, but for something that gets taken care of, it works fine.  I wouldn't use their cables on stage, but the split doesn't get abused.

I agree.

The biggest issue I've seen with *some* Seismic snakes are faux-neutrik male XLR connectors that have slightly larger than standard outside diameters and can get stuck. I rather like the flexibility of their cables and, as noted, provided they're pampered, they'll do the job.

Dave

on: Today at 09:39:39 AM 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Bob Faulkner
Now I have to work out a selling price for one of the Powersoft amps - I hate pricing gear to sell... Looks like they are $3500 - $3700 new now....WOW!
Glad to see the T602 was easily "fixed"!  Kudos on the DNA20k4!  That's a hell of an amp...  Thanks for the update.

on: Today at 09:15:56 AM 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Debbie Dunkley
Now I have to work out a selling price for one of the Powersoft amps - I hate pricing gear to sell... Looks like they are $3500 - $3700 new now....WOW!

on: Today at 09:12:06 AM 
Started by Rolando Saenz - Last post by Mike Caldwell
And they won't be crooked, using the holes provided?   :o
I like the idea of when pushing on the connector to connect it, the force is absorbed by the panel, not the fasteners.
Chris.

Yes still crooked, only it does not show up as bad as having the connector flange exposed.

on: Today at 09:04:54 AM 
Started by Ron Roberts - Last post by Scott Bolt
Loud acoustic drummers, and sadly (in my experience) most lead guitar players produce enough stage volume that it will muck up the mix in anything but a stadium sized stage (where everything can be spaced far apart to prevent the vocal mics from picking up the stage noise louder than the vocals).

My solution for my band was 2 fold:

1)  Replaced drummer with piccolo snare rim shot syndrome with a drummer with vDrums
2)  Replaced lead player with a lead player that would use IEM's (both of them) for practice and gigs.  Guitar amp plexiglass shield created to keep the amp direct sound out of the stage and audience.

Night and day difference in out front sound quality.  No amount of PA equipment could have come even CLOSE to making that huge of a sonic difference out front.

Note:  It isn't that I haven't heard bands using wedges that sound good, but generally their drums and guitars are under control (seems rare) and the stage noise is kept to a reasonable level.

Most of the bands that have really good out-front sound are using IEMs.  WAY bigger upgrade than mic pres, microphones or even speakers IME.

on: Today at 08:42:26 AM 
Started by Rolando Saenz - Last post by Chris Hindle
One thing that helps to hide that is to mount the connectors from the back side.
And they won't be crooked, using the holes provided?   :o
I like the idea of when pushing on the connector to connect it, the force is absorbed by the panel, not the fasteners.
Chris.

on: Today at 08:38:11 AM 
Scott and Mike, I did consider it, but the thought of re-drilling the panel, or the connectors with holes so close (or even overlapping) just didn't interest me for a 5 degree mounting difference.... Soooo, crooked they are.

All connections on he I/O panel are soldered, with the appropriate connectors on the end of each cable.

The way I wired the XLR's, there is Input A and B to the crossover, and a separate input direct to each side of the MX-1500.  Sometimes i rented extra boxes that were full range, so no screwing around inside the rack. Plug and play. On the Neutrics, output 1+ and 1- was the 1500, 2+ and 2- the Peavey.

It's only been working fine for 25 years......   ;D
Chris.

One thing that helps to hide that is to mount the connectors from the back side.

I still have stash of TDM crossovers, actually in a small rack that has a spare system DSP there is also a TDM 24CX-3 as well.

on: Today at 08:31:36 AM 
Started by Rolando Saenz - Last post by Chris Hindle
That panel was punched for Switchcraft connectors, that's why the Neutrik XLR are straight because they are the P series designed to fit into Switchcraft punched chassis.
Yea I would go crazy as well!!!

I solder XLR and Speakon chassis connectors, and have been using the Neutrik SCDR boots on the backof them many times and always use them on the back of a Powercon.

https://www.neutrik.com/en/product/scdr

Scott and Mike, I did consider it, but the thought of re-drilling the panel, or the connectors with holes so close (or even overlapping) just didn't interest me for a 5 degree mounting difference.... Soooo, crooked they are.

All connections on he I/O panel are soldered, with the appropriate connectors on the end of each cable.

The way I wired the XLR's, there is Input A and B to the crossover, and a separate input direct to each side of the MX-1500.  Sometimes i rented extra boxes that were full range, so no screwing around inside the rack. Plug and play. On the Neutrics, output 1+ and 1- was the 1500, 2+ and 2- the Peavey.

It's only been working fine for 25 years......   ;D
Chris.

on: Today at 08:26:53 AM 
Started by Ron Roberts - Last post by Mike Caldwell
If it only it were that simple. I was reminded recently that part of the challenge of dealing with electric guitar players is that, for many of them, "their tone" is what's coming out of the amp ~45° off-axis and at least 1m away, and what's being perceived by a typically-on-axis microphone (or the poor sods on house left, for that matter) "doesn't sound right" regardless of the fact that it's what the audience will actually be hearing. It's why many guitar players don't want their instrument in their wedge (and IEMs only make things that much worse).

I once had a loud-enough-that-the-drums-needed-reinforcement-in-a-smallish-venue guitar player explain to me that he once tried a tilt-back on his amp but it "really caused him some problems". Or there was the one who mentioned that he couldn't put the amp offstage somewhere and rely on his monitor mix instead because what comes out of the wedge "always sounds too harsh and it causes me to play timidly".

-Russ

I've had similar conversations with guitar plays about about leaning their amp back on the amps built in kick back legs so they could actually hear their amp!

on: Today at 08:19:34 AM 

The Speakon's are all crooked.  I would have to redo.  That would make me insane!

That panel was punched for Switchcraft connectors, that's why the Neutrik XLR are straight because they are the P series designed to fit into Switchcraft punched chassis.
Yea I would go crazy as well!!!

I solder XLR and Speakon chassis connectors, and have been using the Neutrik SCDR boots on the backof them many times and always use them on the back of a Powercon.

https://www.neutrik.com/en/product/scdr

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.