ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 05:22:03 pm 
Started by Jeff Schoonover1 - Last post by Paul G. OBrien
I was hoping to figure out how to use the same Speakon input with either cable and here we are, thanks! 
Patch panel - A good idea, I even have one I can use for this.

Here is a way to use a patch panel and the same standard speakon cable for both modes, no special cable or adapters necessary. NL4 panel mount speakons fan out to banana plugs that can go to separate channels or be quickly moved across the red terminals for bridged operation. If your amps don't use that config for bridged then you just have to mount another connector on the patch panel wired specifically for bridged mode And all of these can stay connected to the amp all the time, you just plug into whatever one matches the speaker config in use.

Oh - What was the 20uF cap for in your drawing?
I was wondering when we were going to get to that. It's an insurance policy protecting the CD from accidents like somebody using the wrong cable or a mixup with processing where the low frequencies or a fullrange signal is sent to the CD. It is sized to filter ULF only with a corner frequency well below the active crossover so as to minimize unwanted phase shift.

Can I not connect 1- and 2-, run the tweeter's common back through the X-over like the woofers?  Thereby eliminating that switch as well?
Depends if you are always using the same 2 channel amp for biamp operation or not, if using two separate amp chassis then you may have a problem with that common neutral.

on: Today at 04:58:15 pm 
Started by Chris Poynter - Last post by Chris Poynter
Hi Everyone!

I have the Duratruss (i.e. Global Truss) DT-3900L crank stand and I am looking for a bag to carry it in.

The crank stand is 6-ft long (folded) and weighs 45 lbs.

I have been using the Global Truss ST-132 Crank Stand Bag for about a year, but it's not very heavy-duty and since the crank stand I'm using is quite heavy, the bag is ripping apart, zippers have broken, etc.

Here's a link to the stand: http://www.globaltruss.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=603&MainId=31&Category=105

Here's a link to the current bag: http://www.globaltruss.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=340&MainId=9&Category=56

Thanks,

Christopher Poynter
www.chrispoynter.ca
Victoria, BC, CANADA

on: Today at 04:29:38 pm 
Started by Helge Dr. Bentsen - Last post by John Roberts {JR}

Never have experienced "bad phantom" power on any other mixers, but once was enough to know it is possible, even if I don't know exactly what caused it.

Art
That does not remotely support the thesis that some digital mixers have dirty phantom power. Only that old cheap small Behringer mixers could (did once).

FWIW there are multiple factors that influence the likelihood of phantom power related noise...

Since competent preamp designs reject common mode noise it isn't linear with the actual 48V noise. Further a squirrely mic (or cable) could imbalance the input impedances degrading CM rejection of even a well designed preamp.

JR

on: Today at 04:16:50 pm 
Started by Reo Garvin - Last post by Dave Garoutte
Getting good intelligibility in a gym is always a challenge.  Definitely look at the Yamahas; good definition, volume and warranty.
Get the speakers up high and tilt them down to keep the sound off the walls.
Another ploy is to have a pair of delay speakers to cover the back rows.  Cranking the mains to get coverage generally overloads the room with reverberations, making it loud, but you can't hear anything.  I would consider 15's for mains and 12s or 102 for delays.  Both the DXR and DSR lines are really good.

If there's a decent local provider, you might consult or rent before buying.
If you post your location, someone here may reply. 

on: Today at 04:03:28 pm 
Started by Mark Hannah - Last post by Mark Hannah
After re-reading my OP and the responses, perhaps I should have only posted the two images and then asked...

1) Why give different devices different "spacing" parameters?  Tolerances of the product?
2) How are the "spacing" parameters taken into consideration when calculating IMD?
3) How do you figure out the "spacing" parameters for devices?

Mr. Mortensen,

I hope you didn't do all that work just for me.  Thank you.

on: Today at 04:02:13 pm 
Started by Tom Bourke - Last post by Tom Bourke
Here in Las Vegas they require a stand in the garage.  However the inspectors don't always make that distinction.  Since mine is next to a door to the garage I figure it's a good idea even if not required.

The mixing valve is a Honeywell Thermostatic.  I also have an expansion tank.

on: Today at 04:01:56 pm 
Started by atarimad - Last post by Doga Sagun
Altı is better than behringer.I suggest u to use alto instead of behringer.

Hi chaps,

I've joined a Led Zeppelin tribute band and we normally play through installed PA systems, however we have a gig where we have to provide the sound system. My own system consists of 2 x Alto TS215 tops and I can add 2 active subs (I think they're Wharfedale EVP-15's). I also have a pair of Behringer B212A actives that I normally use as monitors and another active full-range 1x15" as a drum monitor when required.

The first of my questions is should I use the Alto's or Behringers as tops coupled with the subs?

Secondly, after doing some reading, I plan to put the 2 subs on one side of the playing area, next to each other on the floor, pole mount one of the tops on one of the subs and tripod-stand mount the other top at the other side of the playing area. Good idea?

Thirdly, would it be worth me getting some stand tilt adaptors to mount the tops on?

Sorry for the long post but I'd appreciate your comments.

on: Today at 04:01:55 pm 
Started by Helge Dr. Bentsen - Last post by John Fruits
Since I am a silly old git in forum land I have 1 question.
Don't you just hate it when a superhero goes bad?

on: Today at 03:56:47 pm 
Started by Doga Sagun - Last post by Doga Sagun
Can anyone help me how to set dsp parameters (limiter ,compressor ,phase and delay) , i need technical information ex formula for finding the limiter db etc.Hope to hearing from you asap.Thanks

2x VOID CYCLONE 55
1x MARTIN S18
1x CREST AUDIO CA6 FOR VOID CYCLONE
1x CREST AUDIO CA9 FOR MARTIN SUB
1x Dbx Drive Rack2 DSP

on: Today at 03:49:15 pm 
Started by Helge Dr. Bentsen - Last post by Art Welter
I am at a loss as to explain why someone would come up with "dirty phantom power"
It's nothing special. Just 48Vdc from the power supply.
Possibly, there might be a bad capacitor or some other defect in a specific console power supply but I have never heard of , or experienced, any "bad" phantom power.
Anyone else?
I owned a very cheap Behringer 4 mic pre analog mixer that had "normal" noise and distortion levels with dynamic microphones, but had a peculiar "whining" noise using the phantom power with condenser mics. The phantom power was a global switch, it did not cause noise in the dynamic mics, but the noise varied between different types of condenser microphones, the "true condensers" were different than the back electrets.  Using the same mics and cords, the noise was absent using other mixers, or a little two channel phantom power supply, (which cost as much as the mixer..).

Considering the cost of the mixer, and how it generally was not used with condenser mics, I never pursued the cause of the problem, but it definitely provided "bad" phantom power. A quick check would not reveal the problem- if you were listening in a noisy room you would not notice the weird noise. This mixer was from the late 1990's before Behringer was doing most of their own manufacturing, I suspect it's "wall wart" power supply may have been re-supplied and varied in some way from the original design specification.

Never have experienced "bad phantom" power on any other mixers, but once was enough to know it is possible, even if I don't know exactly what caused it.

Art

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 14 queries.