ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 06:27:57 pm 
Started by Andrew Broughton - Last post by Chris Trupe
I used these settings on my bullet M5.

I did not use SOHO Router though, I used bridge/access point.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204949644-airMAX-Configure-a-Wi-Fi-access-point-hotspot-

I have a Nanostation M5, and after configuring the Wireless to a frequency that works in NA, it connects and works well with my iPad Air 2.
I have an older iPad 2 which also connects to the Ubiquiti, but disconnects/reconnects at random times, which plays havoc with the MIDI over LAN communication. No such problems on my Air 2.

There are a LOT of settings on the Ubiquiti, many of which will cause the connection to fail completely. Others have several values that work.

Any suggestions on more robust settings that will work better with an older iPad? Frequencies? Bandwidth? Other settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

on: Today at 06:26:00 pm 
Started by john sanders - Last post by john sanders
I have several Electro-voice QRX speakers for sale. Very nice condition w/covers Located in Riverhead Long Island. Pick up only

on: Today at 06:21:51 pm 
Started by Miguel Dahl - Last post by Miguel Dahl
Hi Miguel,

I'm in charge of support at Nexo.

Without going into to much technical details here, I can tell you that we receive nothing but compliments about the linearity and musicality of S118 subs.
If you can email me at technical@nexo.fr, we can look into where the issue is coming from.
Please include info about your setup, and where you are located.

Best, Val Gilbert - NEXO

Thanks! I'll shoot you an email.

on: Today at 06:20:22 pm 
Started by Mac Kerr - Last post by Dennis Wiggins
  Wait until you hit GREAT grandparent-hood.  You've still something to look forward to.  You can buy him one of those T-shirts that say:  "There's a nap for that" to wear while he's napping. 
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

I Googled" "there's a nap for that t-shirt"

Got none... want one!

-Dennis

on: Today at 05:32:34 pm 
Started by Andrew Broughton - Last post by Mac Kerr
Thank you for that advice.

I'm not using AirMax. I don't think iOS is compatible with it when that's turned on. I use the AP for many things, including long distances and it works really well for that as I think it's higher power/sensitivity than off-the-shelf devices. (At least I hope so!) For this current application, though, I am quite close to the AP.

Do you really have a 16dBi antenna on it? That would have a fairly narrow vertical coverage pattern. If you're still in the pattern maybe you're overloading the input of both devices with a 16dBi antenna up close.

If you do not have a 16dBi antenna, perhaps with it set for 16dBi and maximum power, it is reducing the output to keep a legal ERP. I don't know how smart that device is to do that sort of thing. Try setting the antenna gain for what your antenna is.

Mac

on: Today at 04:56:54 pm 
Started by Andrew Broughton - Last post by Andrew Broughton
I don't see a Beacon setting.
Any suggestions regarding Channel Width or Frequencies?

on: Today at 04:46:50 pm 
Started by Andrew Broughton - Last post by Andrew Broughton
Post a link to a doc noting what settings are available, and/or a screenshot of what you can manipulate.

Your devices are within regular off-the-shelf WAP distance. What about your application requires airMAX?

In general, these are the basic wifi settings to address:
  • WPA2 AES encrypt only (no TKIP).
  • Enable WMM.
  • Make sure you have line-of-sight.
  • Force to N or AC only (do not allow b/g).
  • Turn up transmission power.
  • Increase Beacon to 500 or more.
Thank you for that advice.

I'm not using AirMax. I don't think iOS is compatible with it when that's turned on. I use the AP for many things, including long distances and it works really well for that as I think it's higher power/sensitivity than off-the-shelf devices. (At least I hope so!) For this current application, though, I am quite close to the AP.

on: Today at 04:43:52 pm 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Debbie Dunkley
A friend had a similar problem and I suggested she mount the receiver on the rear panel of the rack and the IEM on the front.
Worked out well.

I just wanted to update here having done many shows using my wireless headset mic since this thread started.
The method Keith suggested has worked every show. I still take my purpose built adapter and coax cables with me each show just in case I need to add height and distance but placing the larger half wave antennas on the back of the rack work great so far.

on: Today at 04:28:33 pm 
Started by Tim Weaver - Last post by Henry Cohen
Although the antenna data sheet does not specify RF power handling - key to using any antenna for transmit applications - the PCB trace should handle a couple of watts without problems.

on: Today at 04:18:54 pm 
Started by Ryan Trefethen - Last post by Ike Zimbel
There is a sticky post at the top of this forum to help determine when various T-Mobile markets are lighting up their 600 mHz services.  If you're not playing where these are in use you'll *probably* be fine.

If not, it's time to replace the B band gear.

Or look at it this way - it it causes problems for the artist will you get fired?
This.
I would suggest renting in the short term. No idea what kind of venues or situations you will be playing, but this past year, I have had a few situations where older gear, like the G2 has really struggled to work. This was typically in the case of backline gear that came in with bands that were playing in an atypical situation...like a half-time show at a sporting event where there were a few hundred other frequencies in play. In one case I had a G3 system on a guitar rig that was not happy on ANY coordinated frequency, even ones that looked clean on an analyzer that was right next to the receiver. In that instance I ended up parking it in the dead space between two adjacent DTV channels and putting a pad on each antenna input. That got us through the set. My overall sense is that gear was just never intended to work in an RF environment with that much activity on the air. Similar experiences with IEM,s too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 15 queries.