ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 05:16:00 am 
Started by Scott Mullane - Last post by Ike Zimbel
I had 8ch of 6k in the production rig alongside the 16ch of Axient D, and they all performed perfectly. Of course, it's my job to make it so. FWIW, the Senny's have network quirks that the AX don't, but in the end they all did their jobs very well. IMHO, 9k is a technical PITA when part of a larger system, and doesn't play well with integrated multizone antenna systems, so I avoid it when I can. 6k, however, integrates very nicely.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
This mirrors my experience with working with a mixed set-up of 9K, 6K and AD pretty much exactly, point for point.

on: Today at 04:53:09 am 
Started by Jay Barracato - Last post by Steve M Smith
And then you have the intermittants.

Meaning it works perfectly every time you have it in to look at it but goes wrong every time you give it back to the customer!

Steve.

on: Today at 03:51:25 am 
Started by scottstephens - Last post by Lyle Williams
I would also make sure that they were set at 90degrees (or at least at some angle) to accomodate changing polarisations of incoming signals.

on: Today at 03:48:41 am 
Started by Jonathan Goodall - Last post by Lyle Williams
SQ and Qu pricing isn't close.  You have to factor in the I/O.

on: Today at 12:59:36 am 
Started by Scott Mullane - Last post by Jason Glass
Hi Jason
Have you compared this Axient stuff to the Sennheiser digital 6000/9000 (sound quality and noise floor). The Sennheiser systems are a lot more expensive but people are still buying into so there gotta be some truth to that.
I had 8ch of 6k in the production rig alongside the 16ch of Axient D, and they all performed perfectly. Of course, it's my job to make it so. FWIW, the Senny's have network quirks that the AX don't, but in the end they all did their jobs very well. IMHO, 9k is a technical PITA when part of a larger system, and doesn't play well with integrated multizone antenna systems, so I avoid it when I can. 6k, however, integrates very nicely.

on: Today at 12:49:57 am 
Started by Scott Mullane - Last post by Tom Harrison
I just wrapped up CMA Music Festival at Nissan Stadium, where we had 16ch of AD in the production rig and dozens of channels of it in artists' rigs each day. Its performance was flawless in our high RF noise environment, with 10mW TX settings easily covering the entire end zone stage and playing field out past the 50 yard line.

A constant intermittent barrage of splatter from an errant high power PLMR repeater nearby caused frequent RX interference warnings and RF compression warnings, but the Q meters showed varying readings of 4 to 5 and their audio output was consistently pristine.

A+ grade, IMHO.

Hi Jason
Have you compared this Axient stuff to the Sennheiser digital 6000/9000 (sound quality and noise floor). The Sennheiser systems are a lot more expensive but people are still buying into so there gotta be some truth to that. 

on: Today at 12:38:49 am 
Started by Tom Harrison - Last post by Tom Harrison
IMHO the L'Acoustics is in another league from the Nexo.  I have to be honest with you, we have a provider in town with deep Nexo inventory.  I have run the original PS10's and I thing the Yamaha DSR112's sound much better.

I have never heard the X12's or the SB18 but the SB28's never fail to impress.  Especially with 3 or 4 Kara's stacked on top.  I know the hatred for ground stacked LA elements but that is a damn fine system.

If you are looking for a wonderful pole mount speaker I would expand your selection set and look at the Danley SM80's.  I also have run on the db Y10P's and they are very impressive.

Thanks for your input, Scott. What didnt you like about the Nexo? Do they sound "hard/crystalline" and or tinny/shouty or something else? I've heard some sound samples and it sounded a little rough around 2khz. Maybe some people call it presence but I like liquid smooth in this range much like the L'Acoustics. The Kara with SB28 and LA-12X amps are ridiculous good they should be banned LOL. The quotes I'm getting from dealers have the Y series significantly more expensive than the Nexo and L'Acoustics so I don't know if it makes any financial sense right now.

on: Today at 12:31:02 am 
Started by Tom Harrison - Last post by (Brian) Frost
I am very much a nexo fan and have owned both generations of the PS10 cabinet and used about every box they have made.  Theyre great.  Theyre not even close to as good as the L'acoustics.  I think the L'acoustics are the second best box made right behind the D&B V series.   

on: Today at 12:10:22 am 
Started by Nate Nagel - Last post by Brian Hancock
Sorry guys, been a busy past couple of days. 

These are for professional install, not live sound.  Crown CDI1000s have been getting hot and burning out power supplies when they are in an always on install.  (Restaurants, churches with Caroline/bell systems, other businesses).  Some of these amps are using one channel for a 70v Line and one channel for an 8ohm Line.  Different inputs, different outputs. 

Iím just looking for an amp similar to that one, and the Drivecore Line might be the best for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not to sound condescending but why are they overheating ?? driven to limits? insufficient airflow in the rack? poor line voltage either low or high may cause power supply failures as well ?? how old out of warranty?

basically what's the root cause because these amps have been around a while in face I've put a number in some less than desirable situations and they have run for years un interrupted

on: Yesterday at 11:37:07 pm 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Corey Scogin
That does seem like an interesting product. That's a heck of a lot less setup and cabling. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 14 queries.