ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:30:37 pm 
Started by Kirby Yarbrough - Last post by Kirby Yarbrough
Since you do not have secondary connected, I'd expect secondary indicators reporting 'errors' to be 'normal.'

Thanks for all the guidance.  Upgraded Dante firmware on the QL1 and the Ri8, and thanks for the clarification on 'unsupported'.  Ri8 still giving me the 2x flashing orange right sync LED.  No loss of functionality.

on: Today at 01:26:11 pm 
Started by Elliot Carroll - Last post by brian maddox
And to that good sir, I would reply with, "Well that seems like a pretty random distance, that may or may not be based on any science or hard fact at all."

I'm not trying to shoot the messenger, but that's a deeply unsatisfying answer/instruction from CC.

I actually suspect that that is based on a good bit of hard data.  The basic technology that FreeSpeak uses has been in use by ClearCom for quite a long time.

My guess is that less than a Meter and you're starting to overload the neighboring receiver.  More than 7 meters and you start to reduce the useful  "overlap" of the two transceivers [and begin to get into the time window window where conflicting time arrivals between the two transceivers can lead to interference].

Again, these are "best practices".  Best Practices by definition do not mean that it won't work outside of those parameters.  Just that it is "Best" within those parameters.

on: Today at 01:17:29 pm 
Started by Tim Weaver - Last post by Jonathan Kok

Yeah. I guess the only option is a DPDT switch in a wall plate. Oh well. I'll try to make it pretty, but pretty isn't my forte!
I hesitate in saying the obvious, as you're not at all 'new' to the install world, but unless there's a timeline crunch, why not have a plate manufacturer build it for you? Or at least cut and engrave the plate, while you populate it with the switch yourself?

on: Today at 01:05:31 pm 
Started by Thomas Dameron - Last post by Thomas Dameron
Thanks everybody.  Just to close the door on this, I did get my controller.  It took about 9 weeks to come in.  The site originally said it would be closer to 3.  They've since updated the site to indicate further backlogs for new orders.  I'm glad I got it, and appreciate that they make such a handy device.  I'm not even upset about the delay, my only complaint is that I wish they had been more communicative through the process.

thomas d.

on: Today at 12:52:34 pm 
Started by Justice C. Bigler - Last post by John L Nobile
Just read that Netflix is showing a documentary on this fiasco in January.

on: Today at 12:41:54 pm 
Started by jesseweiss - Last post by Mal Brown
The n300 would definitely not be the first wifi router that Iíd think of.

It is single-band 2.4ghz with no mu-mimo, beam forming or 802.11ac.

Ok, now that Iíve been shamed (only kidding ...). There are refurbed TP Link Archer C7ís on Amazon for like $60.  Maybe itís time to upgrade after all...

on: Today at 12:39:43 pm 
Started by jesseweiss - Last post by Mal Brown
what features does the xr18 have the Soundcraft does not?

Automatic lo-fi... baked in ;-)

I hear that there are filters on aux outs that some folks leverage with aux fed subs.  Not an issue for me as I either run powered subs and tops with the x-over included (K series). Or racks and stacks with BSS speaker processing as a part of the rack. Thanks

on: Today at 12:28:09 pm 
Started by Justice C. Bigler - Last post by Riley Casey
If you missed out on pissing away a few grand on tix you can catch the Fyre Festival on reruns

https://boingboing.net/2018/12/11/fyre-festival-documentary-to-a.html

on: Today at 12:26:48 pm 
Started by Kirby Yarbrough - Last post by Andrew Hollis
Lastly, the second sync LED on the Ri8 is flashing orange 2x (picture#2), which is supposed to indicate an issue with the secondary circuit.

Since you do not have secondary connected, I'd expect secondary indicators reporting 'errors' to be 'normal.'

on: Today at 12:25:08 pm 
Started by Elliot Carroll - Last post by Elliot Carroll
Per Clearcom's FreeSpeak 1.5 manual.

"When co-locating transceivers for extra beltpack capacity in one area, do not put the
devices too close to each other. They should be placed between 3 and 20 feet (1 - 7 meters)
apart ."

So that's best practice.

And to that good sir, I would reply with, "Well that seems like a pretty random distance, that may or may not be based on any science or hard fact at all."

I'm not trying to shoot the messenger, but that's a deeply unsatisfying answer/instruction from CC.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 19 queries.