ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: Yesterday at 09:27:03 am 
Started by John Schalk - Last post by John Schalk
Can you get outlets that accept 10ga wire?

(Asks the guy on the other side of the planet)

If yes, why not use them?  If no... what does that tell you?

I am using the mil-spec receptacles that were sold with my OA Windsor quad boxes.  10ga THHN wire goes in easily, but the finer strands in the conductors of my SO cord is another story.  Since I have the big red wire nuts on hand I plan to wire up the remaining box with them for now, but the Wago tab connectors look like the way to go for future projects.  Who knows, I might order some and find the motivation to re-wire these quad boxes.

on: Yesterday at 08:31:14 am 
Started by craig.jones8 - Last post by TJ (Tom) Cornish
Hi all, saw a duo packing their gear away last night and they were gathering up their mic and connecting cables. They then halved them end for end until they he’
 had a manageable length then tied them in a knot ! Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Personal economic stimulus for the cable manufacturing industry.

on: Yesterday at 08:13:35 am 
Started by Robert Piascik - Last post by Mike Monte
This just happened, but I'm sure it's happened to everyone. Choir director hands us a cd of backing tracks.

Did sound check with choir, no issues.

Show time and choir is second act. I am out front, wife is stage side. Performance time for choir comes, wife hits play on backing track, choir director tells her " that's not my cd".

This one was our fault. The wife didn't start track over but picked up where we had stopped during sound check.  Choir director insisting it wasn't her CD just confused my wife even more as she gets into  a "discussion" with director over whether or not it's the correct CD.

Whole incident only lasted 90 secs or less before they got it straightened out but it reminded me how many folks on this forum have stated in the past that they insist the talent operates their own backing tracks.

I just finished providing the rig(s) for a local ACS Relay for Life.
Regarding tracks, I used to provide a means (gemeni mp3/cd/memory stick player) for singers' backing tracks when the above gig's "Relay's got Talent" activity happened.  It was a popular part of the evening's events.

About five years ago people started bringing in tracks in so many different formats that my player would not work with them...
so
I began to insist that each singer bring their own source (laptop/iPad) and I would provide the 1/8" male to DI cable/box to interface the music.
Two years ago I told the organizers to have the "talent" bring their songs on a cellphone...that made things easier...

This year I told the organizer to have the talent bring their songs on a cellphone and to also bring their phone's "dongle" just in case it's needed.

Next year...who knows what it will be lol.

BTW: Since the Relay's got Talent activity had a two-minute maximum performance time, the tracks needed to be edited, the talent always provided someone to start/stop the tracks.

on: Yesterday at 06:54:30 am 
Started by Robert Piascik - Last post by Scott Olewiler
This just happened, but I'm sure it's happened to everyone. Choir director hands us a cd of backing tracks.

Did sound check with choir, no issues.

Show time and choir is second act. I am out front, wife is stage side. Performance time for choir comes, wife hits play on backing track, choir director tells her " that's not my cd".

This one was our fault. The wife didn't start track over but picked up where we had stopped during sound check.  Choir director insisting it wasn't her CD just confused my wife even more as she gets into  a "discussion" with director over whether or not it's the correct CD.

Whole incident only lasted 90 secs or less before they got it straightened out but it reminded me how many folks on this forum have stated in the past that they insist the talent operates their own backing tracks.

on: Yesterday at 06:50:08 am 
Started by craig.jones8 - Last post by craig.jones8
Hi all, saw a duo packing their gear away last night and they were gathering up their mic and connecting cables. They then halved them end for end until they he’
 had a manageable length then tied them in a knot ! Any thoughts?

on: Yesterday at 06:44:53 am 
Started by Wes Garland - Last post by Keith Broughton
We mic a string quartet for a convocation is a large, converted, tennis court and use 1 condenser overhead.
GBF is no problem and the sound is quite natural and balanced.

on: Yesterday at 04:18:49 am 
Started by Jeff Bankston - Last post by Luke Geis
Bassists aren't known for being smart :)

Hiwatt's are certainly works of art in terms of layout and level of meticulousness to detail. While they aren't exactly laid out and done up to what is considered best practice, you won;t find anyone who will argue about how good the amps are made. Interestingly PRS and their recent release the Archon has a very similar layout ( not schematic, just build layout ) and is also a meticulous and very tidy build.

I built an 18 watt TMB into a small box Marshall head and it was a tight fit. To the best of my ability I could not get the lines and the layout anywhere close to this. I can tell you that the builders spent A LOT of time planing the layouts and wire paths to make the runs as simple, short and neat as possible. I am looking to build a Soldano SLO and sooner than that a JTM-45 that I hope I can get a cleaner build out of. You won't catch me dead paying that kind of money for a rig that I know will never see a stage, but some collector somewhere is certainly banking on this unit being worth much more later on. There are so few of them that you can't really even know for sure you want one unless you have played one. Case in point, I got to play through a Matchless Chieftain once and was sold right off the bat. I just couldn't strip $3k out of my fingers for it though...... If I ever come across another one, my hope is that I will be ready to pull the trigger on it. Such a neat amp.

on: Yesterday at 03:29:58 am 
Started by Robert Piascik - Last post by Simon_Barrett
Ugh.... My wife had surgery yesterday so I sent my helper to do a small lawn chair show on his own today.  It's his first solo show.

They added an opening act.  4 teenagers with a cover band trying to get out.  It may be their first time on stage.  They are moving everything on him, trying to get better sight lines for a video they are trying to shoot.  Amps on 11.  Drummer has corps sticks.  Bass player wanted to run out of the Speakon connector to the board, and kept referring to it as the "jpeg" connector. Guitar player almost knocked a QRx112/75 on a weighted stand over trying to look cool.

At least it's a short set, and then on to the headliner that he has mixed several times before.

Ya gotta learn sometime :)

Ouch! That’s one that’d make me angry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: Yesterday at 02:15:12 am 
Started by Jeff Bankston - Last post by Jeff Bankston
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Hiwatt-DR405-Bass-400-Vintage-Bass-Amp-KT88-Partridge-Transformers-RARE/282998282173?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

on: Yesterday at 01:54:12 am 
Started by frank kayser - Last post by Luke Geis
You have to go stereo, before you do anything else. If the others are happy, leave them alone. Focus on her for now and keep chipping away. The usual suspect for ears is the bone coupling that occurs. The vocals woof up in the head and it just makes mud of everything. Sounds fine to everyone else because they aren't singing at the time. The trick is finding a way to get rid of the bone coupling from the earbud. Try talking or singing along with the song with a set of ears that are dedicated to you and you will see very quickly what I mean.

I have an evil way of abating the issue ( that I am still perfecting, so not entirely ready to divulge ) that so far, can make even the cheapest OEM ear buds perform as well as $2,000 units!!!! I can say this; it requires duplicates of channels and does involve tricky use of EQ. It is not practical unless you are 100% dedicated to taking the time to dial in that person too. It is not something you can set up 10 minutes before a show, but once dialed in, will make the singer absolutely believe they are in a studio, listening to a recording session!!!! Point being, it can be done, but you have to have stereo ears first and then be willing to dedicate MANY channels to processing and time. Once you do it for one, you have to do it for everyone who sings.....

The first thing you need to do is find a way to get her to articulate what the issue is though. If she can't describe, or articulate whats wrong, you will go in circles until you accidentally fall on it.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 15 queries.