ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: Yesterday at 11:40:58 am 
Started by Steve Mason - Last post by Caleb Dueck
Some people innately give more than required, while others look for the least possible to just get by.  This is evident (usually) in how they work, what gear they invest in, etc. 

Professional, service industry - should (in my opinion) be the former.  Thus - individuals who are the latter feel very out of place. 

I've never mixed in a system and thought, "Man, I wish this sounded worse!"  Have often said the opposite though. 

So many of the "But we can't afford ...." are excuses if they look close and are honest.  If there is a $10M project happening - complaining about an extra $10k of whatever is BS.  Or if an item brings in cash flow, they can't say there is no money; there just isn't money YET. 

Penny wise, pound foolish - must have been coined by someone in AV!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

on: Yesterday at 11:36:56 am 
Started by Kirby Yarbrough - Last post by Kirby Yarbrough
If you've manually set a link local (APIPA) IP, you must use mask 255.255.0.0. 255.255.255.0 is not a valid mask for APIPA.
Didn't set a manual link local, just used the IPv4 property of 'Obtain an IP address automatically' on the laptop. 

on: Yesterday at 11:24:55 am 
Started by Kirby Yarbrough - Last post by Andrew Hollis
If you've manually set a link local (APIPA) IP, you must use mask 255.255.0.0. 255.255.255.0 is not a valid mask for APIPA.

on: Yesterday at 11:00:04 am 
Started by Kirby Yarbrough - Last post by Kirby Yarbrough
Running a Windows 10 laptop with DVS 4.0.4.4 and Controller 4.1.0.5, cabled directly (no switch) to Yamaha QL1 (Dante 4.0.8.2) using the primary interface.  Both using link local IP addresses (169.254.xxx.xxx on the same 255.255.255.0 subnet).  Both devices appear in Controller.  Laptop soundcard shows the correct DVS transmit channels selected.

QL1 never shows the laptop as a mounted device.  Not surprisingly, getting a result of 'Subscription status is: flow creation in progress...' in trying to route two channels from laptop to QL1. 

What am I doing wrong?

on: Yesterday at 10:56:06 am 
Started by Pete Jones - Last post by Dan Currie
Here's a screenshot of 3 ULXD G50 cascades using my SNA.

on: Yesterday at 10:49:36 am 
Started by John L Nobile - Last post by Dan Richardson
There is no ground continuity on the Converta-Shell.
Absolutely true. It's mated to a non-conductive plastic shell. But does there need to be, if you have a shielded RJ45 inside it?

The problem I have with my Converta-Shells is that the removable sleeve is held in place by friction against the rubber o-ring, and that's only barely adequate. When the o-ring inevitably cracks or just comes off, the sleeve is loose and can fall right off. The concept is very handy, though, so I found beefier o-rings.

on: Yesterday at 10:32:57 am 
Started by Jesse Scott - Last post by Dave Scarlett
All that concrete including the floor will make "tight bass" pretty tough, maybe impossible. If they fill the place it will help. Get your mains up high if possible pointing down to the crowd, and if it's you standard size arena you might find less is more.

on: Yesterday at 10:24:33 am 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by jesseweiss
It could, pushed off a cliff, or dropped from a plane.
As Ivan would say, it's how you read the specifications.
Chris.
Of course we'd have to do the calculations to determine the terminal velocity of the vehicle.

As for 0-60, that time must be due to wind resistance, since it takes 2.73 seconds via gravity alone.

on: Yesterday at 10:21:19 am 
Started by Steve Mason - Last post by Debbie Dunkley
I don't understand this: Someone here asks for opinions on a particular product (as stated in the posting title) and then gets honest informative answers - yet someone else attacks those who bothered to spend time giving advice.

Added thought: As Tim said, " Ignore the advice you don't like." This says it all.
If someone wants to try to advise me on something they know more about than I, especially after I asked them for it, I am always grateful..... Now whether I want to take that advice or not is another matter.....

on: Yesterday at 09:27:16 am 
Started by Steve Mason - Last post by Helge A Bentsen
I agree with Tim here.

If I'm mixing, I wan't my preferred mics on all inputs and the best PA available. If that means I have to groundstack a d&b J-rig in a tent for 500 people (done that, sounded good) or bring my personal KF300z on a gig in a less than desirable basement club because I mix a band I like and the house PA is less than desirable(last week), so be it. "Good enough" is not how I like do do my work.

On the other hand, if you're mixing you get what you want and pay for.
You want a pair of MI grade boxes or a full J-system? Tell me your budget and I'll provide what you need and can afford.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 15 queries.