ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:12:55 am 
Started by John Schalk - Last post by Corey Scogin
Here ya go:
WAGO | COMPACT Splicing Connectors (221-613)

I just bought and used some of the 221-41x series (24-12AWG) and wow, they are really nice to work with. It's great to be able to visually verify that the cable is inserted properly and stripped to the correct length, especially for stranded wire. The ability to re-terminate them cleanly and connect multiple sizes of wire is also very nice. I'll be buying more.

on: Today at 01:10:16 am 
Started by Robert Piascik - Last post by Wes Garland
Console wasn't the playback source - just using USB inputs instead of going through the analog hole.

I know what you mean about unlikelihood, but this drive actually looked like it might have been sourced more than a decade ago, LOL.   I DID double-check the kernel log, no wierd USB errors.  But files played from the harddrive and other keys work, so... (I suppose it's also possible the client encoded the files with dropouts.  Now that would be funny)

I also use that machine regularly to record and playback 32-channel audio without issues.  If it can keep up with 32 ch x 48kbps, it should be able to keep up with playing MP3s.

on: Today at 01:05:10 am 
Started by craig.jones8 - Last post by Corey Scogin
Hi all, saw a duo packing their gear away last night and they were gathering up their mic and connecting cables. They then halved them end for end until they heí
 had a manageable length then tied them in a knot ! Any thoughts?

I used to do this and it mostly worked fine. When you tie the whole thing in a loose knot, the bend radius isn't very short. For cable management, it works well and requires no tie.

I quit wrapping my cables that way and now use the over/under method with ties because the end-to-end knot method would put a little bit of memory into the cables keeping them from laying flat when uncoiled if they were anything but warm. Over/under makes a longer bend radius such that the cables are more likely to lay flat when uncoiled.

Plus, over/under is just the right way and there is no other way. ;)

on: Today at 12:58:09 am 
Started by Robert Piascik - Last post by Tim McCulloch
That's pretty good advice.  I played tracks at a gig a few weekends ago and had a bunch of dropouts.  I'm 99.9% sure the customer-supplied thumb drive couldn't stream the MP3s fast enough.  Which seems implausible, but God Only Knows what dollar store the drive came from.  I use that laptop to stream audio on a regular basis without issue, going from Mixxx into my X32 via USB.  Never had an issue before.

I think almost any USB thumb drive sold in the last 10 years can transfer 2 track audio data fast enough - I've yet to experience one that doesn't... but I'm using a computer and not my console as playback source.

That said, there are a number of OS system function calls, hard drive utilities, even wireless networking... that can make your computer stutter.  I disable almost everything I can and I use the USB thumb drive because it never goes to sleep, unlike the spinning platter drives.

on: Today at 12:01:39 am 
Started by Isaac South - Last post by Mike Caldwell
In this case a picture is not worth a thousand words!!

Do you have two stage wedge monitor mixers, the cables plugged into outputs 1 & 2 make me think so.

Outputs 11 and 12 look there your main Left Right outputs, you could unplug one at a time and see the main speakers go out one side at a time and at the same time check and see if the subs go out when you unplug outputs 11 & 12, if they do your subs are not on an aux.

The Dynacord amps in the bottom of the rack all have DSP /crossover processing built in, maybe they have not been properly set up......or all of us here have seen many times where an installer never set up a DSP and it's just passing signal straight through.

With the three amps I'm going to guess one is for stage monitors, follow the cables from outputs 1 & 2, I bet they go to an amp.

The other two amps are for the main system, but they could be done a couple differnt ways. One amp runs the Left Right mains and the other on the subs or one channel of the amps run the mains and the other runs the subs.

Take a picture of the back of the rack.

I'm guessing your IEM transmitters are being fed from the Allen Heath ME1 monitor stations.

Are there any cables connected to the outputs on the back of the mixer?

As for the installer you should be blaming them for their lack of system training.

Were you with the church when this install was finished or did you come in sometime afterwards?

on: Yesterday at 11:54:33 pm 
Started by Isaac South - Last post by Mark Cadwallader
It does not look like you have an aux-fed sub channel. Channels 11 and 12 (out) are your main L and R channels.  Those two channels are processed to create a crossover for the subs and the tops. My guess is that the crossover functions are handled by the amplifiers, as suggested earlier by Tim.

on: Yesterday at 11:53:26 pm 
Started by Robert Piascik - Last post by Wes Garland
That's pretty good advice.  I played tracks at a gig a few weekends ago and had a bunch of dropouts.  I'm 99.9% sure the customer-supplied thumb drive couldn't stream the MP3s fast enough.  Which seems implausible, but God Only Knows what dollar store the drive came from.  I use that laptop to stream audio on a regular basis without issue, going from Mixxx into my X32 via USB.  Never had an issue before.

on: Yesterday at 11:48:36 pm 
Started by Al Rubio, Jr - Last post by Al Rubio, Jr
(What Would My Fellow Pro Sound Web-Mates Do?)
The rock/pop band I am currently in is in "Serious Upgrade Mode". Digital mixer - check! IEM's instead of wedges - check! (...you get the picture).
Now, it's come time to consider upgrading the actual speaker stacks. One faction within the band comes in with an old but serviceable EV/QSC system (T252+ x2 over T18 x4), while another faction brings with it an older QSC active system (HPR152i x2 over HPR181i x2).
Everyone is on board with at least considering selling all the older stuff and investing in a completely new system, with the ballpark budget being put at $12-15K.
The main "requirements" that are being emphasized are "ease of use" (...which most everyone in the band is taking to mean "active"), and quality of sound/coverage (...coverage, I think might also bring "scale-ability" into play - i.e. for different sized venues).
If you folks had this budget to play around with, what are the best options you might consider from what's available right now?
Advance appreciation for your input!

on: Yesterday at 11:35:00 pm 
Started by Jeff Bankston - Last post by Michael Lascuola
Hmm... white fiberglas tables. That must be a relatively recent picture.

-Dennis
As Dave mentioned (cool pic!), that pic was taken in 2010 (it's even in the metadata :) ). 
The great Mr. Cornick passed in 2014.

on: Yesterday at 11:18:46 pm 
Started by Isaac South - Last post by Isaac South
So Iím just now getting around to doing some investigation on our sub. The mic itself seems to be fine (Beta 52). Cable doesnít seem to be an issue. By the way, the kick sound really really great in our ears. But again, if you stand next to the sub and turn it up in the house, it sounds like a piece of paper being hit.

Anyways, me and my right hand man went behind the stage to where our rack stuff is and we were going to trace the cable from there to the sub just to make sure it was plugged in correctly and make sure a mouse hadnít eaten through it or something.

But when we got back there we had no idea where to even find the cable that goes to the sub. Once again, our installers left us with no explanation and no training on anything. Not blaming them, just giving my reason for ignorance.

I took some pics of the rack. Can someone help us figure out which of these cables would be for the sub? I know the top two are for monitor mix 1 and 2. And the L and R cables are for the LR mains. But where is he sub cable? Let me know if these pics donít work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 15 queries.