ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
 on: Today at 04:52:49 pm 
Started by scottstephens - Last post by Keith Broughton
Well...yes...one can Google anything but that doesn't open a "discussion" that might lead to a more interesting discourse than sitting alone  reading a Google response.  :)

on: Today at 04:49:29 pm 
Started by Steve Crump - Last post by Steve Crump
I recommended the Midas MR18 to a friend of mine to use for his band. He just received it Friday and after about 3 hours playing with it at his dining table, inputs 9 though 16 started showing an input signal with nothing plugged into the preamps. He unplugged the board and brought it over to my shop thinking I may see something that he doesn't. Board on the table with nothing plugged into it, using the iPad app with onboard wifi, 9 through 16 show a signal. Input 12 is really hot. We plugged power speakers into the board and listened to a bunch of noise coming from those channels. Gain on all 16 channels is set the same.
Obviously he will send it back, but has anyone experienced anything like this before?

on: Today at 03:30:28 pm 
Started by Paul Abram - Last post by Mac Kerr
Hi, I produce professional videos

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

on: Today at 03:28:46 pm 
Started by Bellatink - Last post by Mac Kerr
Hi,

I am new to this forum so apologies

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

on: Today at 03:19:07 pm 
Started by Paul Abram - Last post by Paul Abram
Hi, I produce professional videos and, against my advice, my client is not using a pro AV company for video projection but renting gear and using internal people... they did this last year and had some issues but they think it's worked out. The problems were related to data rates although my video and audio were spec'd out below recommendations.

Like last year, they're using Windows 10 laptops and videos will be embedded in either PowerPoint 2013 or O365 slide decks. Could the issue with lagging playback be due to compression or other issues through ppt or simply processing issues through their laptops?

Any advice? Should they use some other device or play videos through quicktime, etc to help avoid issues?

on: Today at 03:14:43 pm 
Started by Tony Mamoh - Last post by Russell Ault
1) What is the difference from between both (I see only the protective cover on the cable as the additional feature on the NE8MC1 variant)?

As I understand it, the difference comes down to whether or not the cable already has an RJ45 connector crimped on it: the strain relief boot on the NE8MC-1 can only be installed before the RJ45 connector has been crimped on, whereas the NE8MC is designed to be installed after the fact.

Please be aware that the EtherCONs are only designed to work with a very short, specific list of RJ45 connectors, most (but not all) of which require hugely expensive proprietary crimp tools.

-Russ

on: Today at 03:00:57 pm 
Started by Tony Mamoh - Last post by Scott Hofmann
A friend wants to make his own ethercon cable termination and asked me to order the NE8MC connector. However I've noticed there are two variants...NE8MC and NE8MC1.

1) What is the difference from between both (I see only the protective cover on the cable as the additional feature on the NE8MC1 variant)?

2) Any recommended online sources for genuine ones? My friends in Musicians Friend don't stock....and I'm not sure of the eBay sources.

Thanks!
For genuine parts, go to genuine parts sellers like Mouser Electronics, Markertek, Digikey, Jameco, and many others.
Mouser has 826 NE8MC's and 788 NE8MC-1's in stock. Markertek also has them!

on: Today at 02:53:25 pm 
Started by Bellatink - Last post by Bellatink
Hi,

I am new to this forum so apologies if I am posting in the wrong section.

I wondered if anyone could possibly offer their advice on a matter I struggle with in regards to my sound set-up at weddings that I play at.

I play violin wirelessly at weddings, a roaming musician. I use 2 EV speakers (12p, 12 inch) and play to backing tracks.

Although I always do a decent sound check, or what I think is 'decent', I often have sound problems. I don't have a sound engineer. If I set the track to a certain level when the function room is empty and play the song from sound check, once the room is full, the track can often bee too loud (or too quiet).

I entertain around the room once the track is playing. I can't get back to the mixing desk to adjust the sound level of the backing track and playing the violin (having no handsfree  ) makes this tricky. I also can't stop and start again.

Is there any way to control backing tracks whilst you are out and about entertaining in a function room? I don't think bluetooth is reliable enough and obviously controlling the sound from out front from an iPad is out of the question as I've no hands free to control it!
I just wondered if there was any other way   :-\

Ideally, to have the iPod stuck onto the body of the violin would work as I could turn the volume up or down one or two notches if I had one or two bars rest in the song.

Another issue is that perhaps 2 Ev speakers aren't sufficient for all function rooms. Obviously these were all that I could afford when purchasing them a few years ago. Would the L2 Bose system suit wedding function rooms better with them being able to distribute the sound more evenly and better around the rooms? Each room/function suite is a different size and shape and often I don't have much choice as to speaker placement. This is down to the venue management and often very limited.

Sorry if my post doesn't explain too well what I mean, I'm not used to forum posting. Thanks so much in advance!  :)

on: Today at 02:46:28 pm 
Started by Brian Bolly - Last post by Brian Bolly
Anyone know if Shure is doing the holiday rebates on the 57s again this year? 

Looks like they have an instant rebate going on the 58 and also the drum pack with 57s, but didn't know if they were doing anything on just 57s like years past.

Always looking for a good excuse to rotate and/or add more to the mic inventory.

on: Today at 02:34:42 pm 
Started by Pete Erskine - Last post by Pete Erskine
the current version is much more streamlined and responsive, runs on both Mac and Windows, and has been out for about a year now. If you looked at RAD when it first came out, it's really worth another look. The product has come a long way since it was first released.

does it program on network

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 13 queries.