ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 06:27:38 am 
Started by Fred Dorado - Last post by TJ (Tom) Cornish
Yes why the DBX and why the A&H that has poor tablet support.  Maybe next year but can't recommend it now. 

The M32r will be familiar  to anyone with an x32 pedigree.

I dont anything about the EV's.

The SQ series is significantly more mixer than the X32/M32 which are starting to get long in the tooth.  Im not up on the limitations of the tablet software for the SQ series, but unless thats a deal-breaker, the SQ series is better in many ways. 

Ive used the GLDs since they came out in 2012 and A&Hs tablet app for the GLD is very decent, so whatever limitations there may be at the moment will be solved eventually.

on: Today at 06:23:58 am 
Are you referring to a dbx compressor?  I can't imagine it would be necessary, given the SQ5 (as do other digital consoles) will have compression built-in.

He means the A&H stagebox: https://www.allen-heath.com/remote-audio-sq/

on: Today at 06:21:08 am 
Fred, this is the perfect situation for in-ear monitors - no wedges to lug, significantly less stage volume.  The Sennheiser EW IEM G4 systems come in a two-receiver per transmitter option which puts the cost at around $600 per person plus in-ear buds.  To step into this, you could get a system or two for the folks that move around, and go wired for the back line if youre willing to deal with the wires.  Behringer P1 units will plug directly into your stage box outputs and provide a headphone jack and volume control in a pack that can be worn on a belt and either be powered by 9v batteries or AC adapters.

There are lots of permutations that can work depending on budget, but after having done portable church a couple times over the years, I will suggest that money spent on logistics - in-ears instead of wedges, a rack instead of a pile of small items, self-powered speakers instead of amps+speakers, etc. is going to make you a lot more popular to the team that has to lug all the junk every week, even if that is at some significant cost. 

Its been a couple years since I updated it, but I put together an example portable system that you may find helpful.

on: Today at 05:02:40 am 
Started by Weogo Reed - Last post by Xiang Cao
looks like B-XAir to me

on: Today at 03:20:16 am 
Started by Robert Piascik - Last post by Steve M Smith
Festival season starts for me today.  Four days on one of the smaller Isle of Wight Festival stages with up to sixteen bands per day with fifteen minute changeovers.

And please don't judge me or tell anyone, but I was setting up lights yesterday!

Steve.

on: Today at 01:35:57 am 
Started by Victor Estrada - Last post by Matt Greiner
I have no qualms about using Peavey gear, but before you double down and buy two more SP218s, you may want to consider that they have a -3dB spec of 51 Hz (anechoic), which is not very low.  On the other hand, they do get pretty loud above that point so, if your musical styles don't require sub-50 Hz performance, then more SP218s are a reasonable way to go.  Switching to the QW series subs would give you a marginal increase in output but a decent amount of low frequency extension.  The QWs are not any smaller though, so they won't solve your problem of trying to get more oomph from not much more trailer space.

I have owned SP218's and QW218's in the past, and if I'm not mistaken, the QW218's are actually larger (by approx 6" in height, can't remember the depth or width).  They also do not have casters, which make them a pain to move around.  Sound quality, I personally felt they sounded much better than the SP line.  I was using a Peavey VSX26 for the processing, and I would recommend one instead of the dbx driverack if you want to stay with the Peavey Cabinets.  There's nothing wrong with the dbx, just Peavey has settings ready to go for their cabinets.

For the small investment of a VSX26, I think you would be pleasantly surprised as to how much better you could get the system to sound.  When I first started, I was doing something very similar to you, running my mains (SP2's) as full range and using the crossover in my sub amp for my SP218's (as they do not have a built in crossover).  I purchased a VSX26, got the correct presets loaded and wow, it was like a totally different system, however, YMMV.  I think you can get a used VSX26 for around $350, and I think that should be your next step before you start adding cabinets or switching amps.

I do agree however, as others have mentioned, that if both of your amps were DSP, it would make things easier, and you might not even have to consider a system DSP controller. 

on: Today at 01:23:42 am 
Started by Rob Enders - Last post by Scott Holtzman
lol
Rob,  you did update it right?  If not I am going batshit crazy.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

on: Today at 01:20:47 am 
Started by Rob Enders - Last post by Scott Holtzman
Huh? I see what looks like a real name.
It wasnt there when I posted that Tom just a nickname.

on: Today at 01:07:07 am 
Started by Fred Dorado - Last post by Scott Holtzman
Yes why the DBX and why the A&H that has poor tablet support.  Maybe next year but can't recommend it now. 

The M32r will be familiar  to anyone with an x32 pedigree.

I dont anything about the EV's.

The concept of fitting a system to a budget is frought with compromises.  A professional advisor will have you set goals tjen design a system to meet thise goals.  Then you go and find the money. 

on: Today at 12:57:06 am 
Started by John Calhoun - Last post by Steve Garris
Thank you. I just wanted to make sure. I ended up with some counterfeit Shure SM58s once. Just didn't want a repeat on a larger scale.

I researched those fake SM58's a few years ago. You could quickly tell simply by comparing them audibly to a real 58. The fakes sounded horrible, and I could quickly tell using a headphone with a Vox headphone bass amp. This was when I made local purchases from Craigslist. I think I purchased 3 good used 58's, but came across 1 fake.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 14 queries.