ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 05:16:38 am 
Started by Douglas R. Allen - Last post by Douglas R. Allen
    Just a update. Last outside show of the season. 42 degrees at the warmest...  Band was on IEM except the lead singer. Guitars were fed to peddles then to IEM and FOH mix. Went back about 75 feet and did a very quick recording. At this distance and with the drums under the tent this led to 80 percent or more of all the sound from the IG4T's and the Ls801pb subs to produce.  The level was quite loud if needed and the speakers did a great job for the area needed to be covered.
    This was sound check and I wish I could have gotten the 4T's a little higher. The impending rain never came but I was committed to the setup. Wanted the subs in the center as well but it worked out ok. All in all the 4T's do a great job and I still am impressed with them when I go out.
    Band was a bunch of friends having fun at a Beer Festival.  Not a big budget but more a for the fun of it gig.

A quick video   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxzll07miGY

Douglas R. Allen

Found this walk around video. Not mine. Should you be considering these tops to replace a 12inch and horn or even a 15 and horn they do a good job.  This was early in the day as later it was nearly impossible to walk around in the tent and outside had a bunch of people as well.  Again a cell phone video so the quality is what it is.

https://www.facebook.com/aroostookbrew/videos/715082028854853/?hc_ref=ARQf_JCmxdy6pCzPr5IjSHca5OOaAIo-d3RnYLOj_0UCRC0tpt93THH-HHuSdm4f3Rs&__xts__[0]=68.ARDmqLaHvq4fYM-zSOMkUpTqj6qG2YxYvmCRQoKT6I9A-3kj7vJx0HZsSspwFdC5-9OlhAhjM5YDJCzGa65ruWtE58d7zFS8m0xSTQ9ZSZoW32047byLbZmjhMAifLs3i_QRwLSLHIChTsckMEu-vjtJRkVXXnF86-X5FHqGYafpvbNhr9tcxw&__tn__=FC-R

Douglas R. Allen

on: Today at 01:20:34 am 
Started by Andrew Broughton - Last post by Andrew Broughton
The "standard" universal power converter is the Kikusui PCR1000M which is USA or European in, clean power at your chosen voltage and frequency out.  No UPS capability though.
Yeah, plenty of regulators out there, and that one is being discontinued... Thanks, though!

on: Today at 01:19:03 am 
https://www.controleng.com/single-article/universal-input-low-cost-line-interactive-ups/26e037fb05894ed9cf20ddea77b53b94.html
Thank you, Pete! I never would have found this without you. I literally have been searching the 'net for days. Hopefully it's reasonably priced!
Here's the current model, for anyone interested...
https://www.falconups.com/ups/ed-ups-rackmount.htm

on: Today at 01:12:50 am 
The "standard" universal power converter is the Kikusui PCR1000M which is USA or European in, clean power at your chosen voltage and frequency out.  No UPS capability though.

Toshiba T1000 series UPSs will do frequency 50 or 60 in, 50 or 60 out, but don't do the voltage conversion.  The smallest model is 1KVA and is available rack-mount.
I used the AR-PRO for years. Worked well for all the crazy power I ran into, no UPS function though. Discontinued many years ago.
https://www.amazon.com/Furman-AR-PRO-Regulator-88V-142V-170V-264V/dp/B0006HHNOI

on: Yesterday at 11:30:26 pm 
Started by scottstephens - Last post by Caleb Dueck

... what ever makes you comfortable as a performer.

Or the singer with Nady wireless, or a cheap solid state guitar amp, etc.

As to how often - no idea.  Too often.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

on: Yesterday at 11:29:18 pm 
Started by Jeff Lelko - Last post by Jordan Wolf
So, the non-shockmount version isnít suitable for your purposes?

Do you want standalone tables vs rack-attached?

on: Yesterday at 11:25:01 pm 
Started by Mitch Smith - Last post by Caleb Dueck
I'll argue for stereo ears, even if a mono system.   I'd also spend a bit more  for the right tool for the job (baby DLive?).  The X32 isn't bad - FOR THE PRICE - but don't pretend it's more than it is. 

on: Yesterday at 11:21:44 pm 
Started by Josh Dunaway - Last post by Caleb Dueck
I don't know what EASE says, but an HDL6A array won't do concert levels at 100'. 

100' isn't that far, does it need to be a line array?  Check out 2/side T24N, 60x40 pattern, in EASE Focus. 

on: Yesterday at 10:37:48 pm 
Started by Steve Mason - Last post by Wes Garland
Budget would be helpful, as would country of install.

Minimum IMO --
2 x 12+1" powered tops
2 x 10+1" powered monitors
2 x SM-58
2 x round-base mic stands with booms (not cheap ones)
6 x 25' mic cords
1 2x31ch graphic equalizer
2 x insert cables
1 x analog mixer with effects, aux 1 and main insert points

I love digital but if there is not going to be a dedicated sound guy, analog is the only realistic choice.

on: Yesterday at 10:32:32 pm 
Started by Jim Layton - Last post by Wes Garland
Binary?  Aw crap. I thought "digital" meant you operated it with your fingers!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 16 queries.