ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:06:13 PM 
Started by Pete Erskine - Last post by Jordan Wolf
Update - it's $60/pack to have the update done.
That is the price I heard, as well.

I believe any 1.9GHz packs from September 2024 onward will have the Bluetooth capability built-in.

on: Today at 07:05:55 PM 
Started by Pete Erskine - Last post by Jordan Wolf
Update - it's $60/pack to have the update done.
That is the price I heard, as well.

on: Today at 05:57:55 PM 
Started by Ike Zimbel - Last post by Brian Jojade
Anyhow- is it normal to have "live" cam-lock tails?  Or was the genny operator thinking that the breakers to the legs were open or something?

No, absolutely not.  Cam-lock connectors are not rated for make/break connections under load.  Open cams are certainly large enough for little fingers and whatnot to jam inside.

The only maybe possible reason to have an energized open connector would be for metering purposes before turning it off and connecting it to the final gear.  Even then, most times camloks will be running into another distro or another piece of gear that will have a disconnect point as well and the operator should be metering the lines before turning them on.

on: Today at 04:22:47 PM 
Started by scottstephens - Last post by Chris Grimshaw
Yeah, micro-USB isn't my favourite either. There's a plastic hook to loop the cable around for strain relief, but even so, the connector isn't a good one. USB-C would only have been a small improvement.
USB-B is more physically rugged, but they've already put one of those on for use as an audio interface.

If I was going to tour this mini-desk, I'd probably semi-permanently attach a power cable, probably with a 90-degree connector at the desk end so the cable runs across the back edge. Let's face it, though, this isn't intended to be toured night after night.

Chris

on: Today at 02:38:56 PM 
Started by Luke Geis - Last post by Steve Ferreira
Do you have CAD drawings of some of the venues you will perform at?
Rigging plots?
How much weight can the points hold?
Will you be able to deploy a proper rig given the weight restrictions?
I would start plotting those into the multiple prediction software and see what the plots looks like.

on: Today at 02:18:56 PM 
Started by Ike Zimbel - Last post by Riley Casey
Proper procedure is to make all connections unenergized, inspect the entire cable / connection run and only then turn on the circuit breaker for shore connections ( shore in this instance means an installed electrical service point )
For generators there is an extra step. After making connections its important to test the service voltages between all legs and the legs and neutral+ground. Large generators can be set up for a variety of industrial loads beyond the usual single phase / three phase 115/208 VAC we are used to.
We for many years had an exceptional special event generator vendor who always sent a trained operator for set up instilling a lot of confidence in all of their customers. One event came up in which our customer hired a generator from a new supplier but assured us that a trained operator would be on hand. Come set up morning - in the dark of course - we provided tails and let the get op do his thing. Started the first chain motor and it moved all of about two feet and poof a bit of magic smoke came out. I checked the front of our PD and all three of the voltage meters were dead. I ran down to the generator and asked what's up. The Gen op said its all good here. I looked at the meters on the genny and found it was set for 460 VAC. The "trained generator operator" turned out to be simply the truck driver.
Trust but verify.

All the times that I have seen tails tied into the wall or a generator, we've hooked them to the distro before energizing them, and I am trying to think about what situations would happen where it's necessary to have power on camlocks before tying them in, but I can't think of them....

on: Today at 02:01:41 PM 
Started by Ike Zimbel - Last post by Chris Hindle
Anyhow- is it normal to have "live" cam-lock tails?  Or was the genny operator thinking that the breakers to the legs were open or something?

Not normal, or recommended.
I'll run the cables from my Distro to the panel. At this point, all breakers are off. Hand the tails to Sparky, and watch him (her) like a Hawk. Once connected, go back to my Distro and TEST at the pin sockets (you do own a Fluke or something similar?). If everything looks good, then I power up my rig.
I personally don't believe in making or breaking AC connections under load, even if the connector is rated for it.
Chris.

on: Today at 01:01:39 PM 
Started by Ike Zimbel - Last post by Scott Helmke

No, that is considered (at the very least) to be unsafe.

on: Today at 11:47:20 AM 
Started by Ike Zimbel - Last post by JohnReeve
the genny was up-and-running and we could hook up whenever, and walked away, with our Cam-Lok tails laying in the grass...

I'm still new to working with power distribution... I've only been working around that kind of power distribution for a couple of months.

All the times that I have seen tails tied into the wall or a generator, we've hooked them to the distro before energizing them, and I am trying to think about what situations would happen where it's necessary to have power on camlocks before tying them in, but I can't think of them.

on: Today at 10:25:37 AM 
Started by Luke Geis - Last post by Steve Eudaly
As far as PA goes, sounds like the perfect job for d&b KSL. Well suited to scale up and down for the venue sizes you've mentioned and full-bandwidth cardioid really cleans things up in the arena level.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.