ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 10:52:45 pm 
Started by Mac Kerr - Last post by Mac Kerr
Getting kids in the car is easy too.  I'm bigger than they are, and I can always turn the radio up.  Or wear headphones.  :-)

That's pretty much what my daughter said. It's annoying to listen to the screaming, but nobody gets hurt.  ;D

Mac

on: Today at 10:44:27 pm 
Started by Aaron Kennedy - Last post by Mike Locke
I find that the way the mics are mixed will go much further to have a great sounding, feedback free performance. 

Yes, cardioids can be less prone to feedback.  If their positioning is correct and they're not turned up too much.  But any variation in placement will cause a large sonic difference, something that's less of an issue with omnis. 

Having mics closer to the sound source does let you run them at a lower gain.  But hairline placement is so often done because the sound quality of the hard bone of the forehead (or cheek bone, just in front of the ear) is much better than on the fleshy part of the cheek.  I find much less EQ is required.  And there's aesthetics as well. 

And no voices in monitors, if you can at all prevent it. 

Only having mics on for actors that are speaking is the real key.  Mac mentioned line by line mixing, which means there's not a bunch of extra inputs summing into your mix.  It takes practice, but the rewards make all the difference.  You might find yourself in a middle ground with a school show: not quite line by line, but off in an actor doesn't speak for a handful of lines.  This also helps with the unpredictability of non-professional actors jumping or dropping lines. 

There are a few youtube videos showing an operator mixing line by line.  Les Mis and Legally Blond I believe  A good place to start to understand the technique.

Mike

on: Today at 10:39:34 pm 
Started by Steve Hurt - Last post by Steve Hurt
Small FOH system for DJ or band - $1300 for the entire rig!

I will deliver for the cost of my gas if you're within 5 or 6 hours of me one way

Indianapolis, Indiana 46208

Rig includes Subs, Tops, Amp, Speakon cables, & Speaker poles

2 - JTR Growler Horn loaded subs
2 - Yamaha CM12V tops
1 - Behringer iNuke NU4-6000 - 4 channel 6000 watt amp
1 - 3 space amp rack w/rack panel and speaker jacks on front
4 - Speakon cables (3 - 10' and 1 - 35')
2 - Speaker poles

Sets up in 5 minutes (once it's loaded in, lol!!)

1500 watt to ea sub - 440 watts to ea top - Crossover built into amp

Everything works great - all drivers, crossovers, wiring, amp, etc are 100%,
Amp is only one month old.

on: Today at 10:20:21 pm 
Started by Aaron Kennedy - Last post by Stephen Swaffer
Regarding omnis vs cardioids in lavs.... I can get my cardioid WL185 WAY louder than my Shure CVL omni lav mic before feedback and tend to use it much more over the omni for that reason.
I agree with Jeremy that your job would be made much easier if you switched to cardioids where possible.  Even with my headset mics where the mic is literally touching my mouth, I can get the cardioid much louder than the omni before feedback.

Provided you can control how the mic is positioned.  I tried a cardiod lavalier at our church a few years back,  with somewhat better results- until one speaker decided he liked it clipped sideways to his tie. :(

on: Today at 10:15:37 pm 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by David Winners
I'm also considering SRX835p for outdoor gigs.

I suggest you check with Mike Pyle on SM80 pricing. It's way closer than I thought it would be to an SRX rig.  They would be so much easier to deploy, and by most accounts are in another league sonically.

I have yet to hear them however.

I've run the SRX835p both 1 and 2 per side, and I think they sound amazing. Definitely bigger sounding than the 812s IMO.

And then there's the JTR Noesis 3TX...

on: Today at 09:57:10 pm 
Started by Robert Lofgren - Last post by Rusty Stevens
Partition size limit for FAT32 is 32Gig

I believe it's all down to using FAT32 for the file system which on SDXC cards is generally not used, instead exFAT is used. I believe there are difficulties in formatting some cards to FAT32 so that could be the problem.
I'm guessing if you can format the card to FAT32 then it MIGHT work but there are some other differences which might also cause problems.

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

on: Today at 09:57:03 pm 
Started by Mac Kerr - Last post by Lyle Williams
I have sons called Finn (3yo) and Jack (12yo), but no Hudson.

Five kids here, two still in nappies.  Nappies are easy, just pack what you need to change/dispose ahead of time.

Getting kids in the car is easy too.  I'm bigger than they are, and I can always turn the radio up.  Or wear headphones.  :-)

on: Today at 09:50:05 pm 
Started by Mac Kerr - Last post by Bob Leonard
Mac,
That's a great looking kiddo there pal. My daughters are 31 and 41, but no grand kids at all. Anyway, have you tried letting him hang his tongue out the side window?? It work great with my black lab, so why not little wipperheads like Hamish?

on: Today at 09:45:50 pm 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Rusty Stevens
Froggybottompa.com Most of the videos are cell phone, but you can see where and how I'm using 835's
2 years ago when I was in the market to purchase my SRX800 series system, I came here asking about the SRX835p's and based on the sound advice I got, I chose against them and got the SRX815p's.
I love what I have for all the right reasons - and since then I have also added SRX812's to the mix too - but I see a lot of folks here are really blown away with the 835's even in the smaller venues.
I made my decision based on the horn dispersion difference between the 2 and most of our shows are small to medium but I wonder if outside and in the bigger venues, the 835's would be a better choice for me.
However, my considerations are: 1) Not sure it will be cost effective due to the amount of larger and outside shows (or lack thereof) we do, and 2) I do not plan on getting 4 to use 2 per side to improve the dispersion coverage so I will have a larger area at the front of the stage affected by this BUT I will get higher levels further away.
There are some deals out there right now so I'm thinking ... maybe???
Or do I just  have GAS again??

One more thought...... I could sell my 812's and my 815's and get 4 835's - and keep using my DSR112's for the smaller shows.

on: Today at 09:37:54 pm 
Started by Scott Mullane - Last post by Matthew Knischewsky
This is the kind of stuff that makes me "Shake Fist At Cloud!!!"  Avid is certainly not the only offender but...  zillion dollar desk and THIS is what you get to edit it with?  My recent Lawo experience was similar.  Amazing capabilities, but silly little UI issues that just shouldn't happen at this level....

Right!?

The more expensive something is the more likely the user will be a beta tester from day one right through to the end of the product's life.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 15 queries.