ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 08:48:47 pm 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by Stephen Kirby
For a given shackle size, forged cast steel is stronger than stainless.
Agreed, but he also said "alloy" is okay.  Which I took to mean aluminum.  And that is much weaker than stainless, especially 400 series.

on: Today at 08:44:36 pm 
Started by Leonardo Pires - Last post by Stephen Kirby
I've done this on a couple of M-Pros my old band had.  The horn threads are plastic so you want to be careful screwing them back in.  But one that was similarly stuck just took a bit more elbow grease and unwound.  There wasn't any sealant or anything in there.  Unless someone in your boxes past decided to add some.  Maybe try to grab hold of the horn throat while twisting the driver.

on: Today at 08:43:58 pm 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by Tim McCulloch
Just curious, why would one stay away from stainless?  From my days sailing, there a tons of load rated stainless fittings in chandlery.  And the dynamic loads in a sailboat rigging are pretty serious.  Gybe ho!

For a given shackle size, forged cast steel is stronger than stainless.

on: Today at 08:41:48 pm 
Started by Sam Costa - Last post by Stephen Kirby
In my youth I worked in a consumer stereo store.  The kind with a room that had shelves and wall to wall speakers.  You could manipulate the sound of things by where you put it relative to everything else.  I didn't understand it that well at the time but I knew the other boxes were absorbing sound according to how their cabinets were tuned.

on: Today at 08:39:03 pm 
Started by Bob Kidd - Last post by Tim McCulloch
www.jblproservice.com is the place to start when looking for JBL part numbers.  They have exploded views of almost every loudspeaker and parts that are NFS are clearly marked.

on: Today at 08:38:43 pm 
Started by bob simon - Last post by Stephen Kirby
Scott, it may be that the condensors you've used don't have the most even off axis response.  I personally hate Beta 58s other than fixed on a stand in front of a drummer.  If someone tips it so the back if pointed at a wedge is squeals like a stuck pig.  Add in the improved HF response of most condensors along with odd lobes and who knows what will happen.
I also happen to like the EV mics.  I have one ND357 (no longer made) that has outstanding feedback rejection and is really smooth.  Great for it's intended purpose of female singers with bright voices.

on: Today at 08:37:36 pm 
Started by David Buckley - Last post by Jason Glass
There used to be wireless headphones that were analog and operated in the 902-928 MHz band. They weren't great, but worked OK for short distance stuff.

Have you looked at the Phonak stuff? They make the "Invisity" earbuds that are receiver and earbud in one. They are analog AFAIK and operate in the VHF band. The sound is not full fidelity, but speech quality (like an IFB system) but may be OK for what you are doing.

Not only does the Phonak Invisity that Karl recommended exceed the OP requirements, it's available for rent from VER so you can try it out for awhile before you purchase.

http://www.ver.com/product/phonak-invisity-in-ear-receiver-wcontainer/

With

https://www.ver.com/product/phonak-tx300v-20-channel-studio-transmitter/

Or

https://www.ver.com/product/comtek-bst-25216-synthesized-transmitter/

on: Today at 08:26:00 pm 
Started by Callan Browne - Last post by Callan Browne
Well I guess there is only one way to find out for sure - I've just ordered a Z350 and expect it to arrive later this week.

This weekend we're playing an outdoor party for a 30th birthday, around 150 people.
If it's windy then I'll leave it in the car, but we'll see what happens.

There might even be a fire to keep everyone warm - a real life smoke machine!
I had my first gig last night that had enough circuits for me to get up & running and my new fazer has made a massive visual difference, I'm very happy.

Even with 700+ in the room, we had a nice light haze with the unit on or just under half.
I guess I was lucky with air flow.

Thanks for all the input!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

on: Today at 08:23:42 pm 
Started by Benjamin Krumholz - Last post by Ivan Beaver
Ivan is a big collector of classic amps, he may have some leads or excess stock
I don't have anything I am looking to get rid of now.  But am still looking for a couple of amps-they don't have to be working.

Crown MA10,000      Hill Chameleon

on: Today at 08:19:00 pm 
Started by Sam Costa - Last post by Ivan Beaver
So, If I am reading you correctly, a nearby speaker plugged into a dead amp is better than a nearby speaker that is plugged into nothing. (?)

I am not sure that I am getting it, but ok.
YES

Whenever I bring a system into a venue that already has a system. I ask the system tech to turn on the amps and mute the signal going to them.

The amps act as a "brake" to the cone movement.

It nearby speakers are moving, they are absorbing energy that could be going into the room.  This can lower the output of the driving speakers and cause nothes in the overall freq response.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 14 queries.