ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:26:52 am 
Started by Branimir Bozak - Last post by Jean-Pierre Coetzee
Anyone have or know where to get a digital copy of a User Manual/Guide for the Vi1000, I like reading them...

on: Today at 07:11:48 am 
Started by Eugen Tkachenko - Last post by Stu McDoniel
Hi all,

A Crown XLS-602 has failed in a local church, so I'm trying to troubleshoot it and get it back up and running.

All power supply voltages are present. No speakers and no inputs connected (happens with connected load/input too). Level potentiometers are set at zero on both channels. So far so good. Let it warm up for about a minute. Then raise the level on one of the channels to any position, and protection kicks in within 1-20 seconds, holds for about 10 seconds, then returns to normal.

What could cause this problem? Thank you.
If the identical thing is happening on both channels then look at your power supply.

on: Today at 06:42:03 am 
Started by TomBoisseau - Last post by Tijo George Thayil
Thanks Mac.. I am gonna do it.. To be more clear, you are suggesting me to run 2 cat5 cables.. right? One connected to all the other equipments, between the primary ports and another one between the secondary ports, just for Dante.. and to change the Dante settings in the console to redundant.. is there anything I should know? Any dip switches in Rio or Tio racks to be toggled? My DVS is also very important as it handling all the play back.. any suggestions for that?

Tijo, you really need to get a couple of switches. They don't have to be expensive, a $50 switch will work just fine. You are really asking for trouble using a daisy chain for the I/O racks, mics, and the Galileo. If you have a problem with one device you may lose everything farther down the chain. You should also have one at FOH so your DVS can be on the primary port with your line to backstage. With switches you will also be able to use the secondary ports on the console and the stage racks as a redundant network.

Mac

on: Today at 05:50:04 am 
Started by Mal Brown - Last post by Jean-Pierre Coetzee
I would recommend that you try and have all splits(not the one supplying phantom power) transformer isolated, this can be done using simply in-line transformers if you really want to go that way.

on: Today at 04:00:37 am 
Started by John Reid - Last post by Steve M Smith
For small acoustic gigs, running a 2x5" (or 2x6") box a side would be lovely if they could hack it.

The 2 x 5" speakers with a single or even two small subs appealed to me for the small, acoustic/folk events I do.

They could certainly do what I want with one sub.  Not sure about without though. It would depend on the crossover point.  I suspect it's a bit higher than the usual 100Hz, making the sub do a bit more work than normal.

Steve.

on: Today at 03:25:02 am 
Started by Frank Koenig - Last post by Bob Charest
It appears that a particular version of the Windows PC utility "CCleaner" contains malware. News stories abound. Would be great if some of our resident IT folks could provide some interpretation and guidance.

--Frank
Hi Frank,

5.33 is the hacked version. Avast (who owns Piriform) revoked the certificate for 5.33 and has released 5.35.

Best regards,
Bob Charest

on: Today at 03:22:33 am 
Started by John Reid - Last post by Chris Grimshaw
The most impressive was a couple of ESR15s over ES1.8 subs.  But even two of their little 2x5" speakers and one sub sounded good.

Steve.

I heard some of the smaller speakers at Plasa Leeds. Really wanted to hear what they'd do without a sub, though. For small acoustic gigs, running a 2x5" (or 2x6") box a side would be lovely if they could hack it. Alas, the demo guy said he can't run the smaller boxes without the subwoofer.

Chris

on: Today at 02:57:49 am 
Started by John Reid - Last post by Steve M Smith
Which cabinets did you hear?
The most impressive was a couple of ESR15s over ES1.8 subs.  But even two of their little 2x5" speakers and one sub sounded good.

Steve.

on: Today at 02:33:26 am 
Started by Frank Koenig - Last post by Frank Koenig
It appears that a particular version of the Windows PC utility "CCleaner" contains malware. News stories abound. Would be great if some of our resident IT folks could provide some interpretation and guidance.

--Frank

on: Today at 02:31:48 am 
Started by Richard Penrose - Last post by Robert Lofgren
As a bass player myself I have a couple of bass 'DI's' that can be used if I provide sound, like the REDDI, vt bass, Bass Pod, etc.

But if I come to a stage as a bass player myself I would't expect the soundguy to supply me with pedals or modelers. Either there is a good sounding bass amp or some j48 that I connect to. Anything else needed I have to bring myself.

As a bass player, if the soundguy put some kind of voicing pedal or modeler in front of me I'd hesitate unless I was already familiar with that piece of gear because trying new gear at a gig is the wrong place and time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 18 queries.