ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: October 20, 2017, 09:30:11 am 
Started by Tracy Garner - Last post by John Roberts {JR}
Everyone here realizes that at least a dozen top back row patrons of the ancient theatre of Dionysus griped about not being able to hear, right? This is the oldest discussion in show biz.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
They clearly needed a bigger horn.  8)

JR

on: October 20, 2017, 09:21:59 am 
Started by Josh Billings - Last post by Jerome Malsack
Correct on the acoustics and sound transmission.  So when the building was built did they do any testing, and build the building to reduce the problems?  No they sold these condos and used standard building practices and up to code only.  Did they put any noise control on the ventilation, most likely not because that would cost money.  Did they upgrade the drywall to acoustic control, are the gaps filled with acoustic sealant.  Not correctly caulked.  Outlets and penetrations are open with no sealant and treatment.

on: October 20, 2017, 09:02:18 am 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by David Morison
...as a follow up to my previous post, I see JBL rated their continuous power using a 6db crest factor.  Doing the math, this should equate to 400 watts

Other way round.

The 6dB JBL quote is the difference between the 1600 continuous and the 6400 peak you already posted earlier, rather than a recommendation for a specific limiter setting.

That does nothing to take away from the advice of the other, more experienced posters however - if doing content with significant, long duration LF notes, your "long term" or thermal limiter or whatever it happens to be called on a particular processing platform should still be set somewhere below continuous, IMO.

on: October 20, 2017, 08:50:55 am 
Started by Tony Mamoh - Last post by Tony Mamoh

I am looking for a Shure PG288 or BLX288  dual channel lavalier wireless system with a pair of PG1 beltpack transmitters. Pls indicate the frequency. Kindly PM me

on: October 20, 2017, 07:43:10 am 
Started by Tim Bulin - Last post by David Allred
Thanks for the heads up, just read the specs on the new SP2's, they are 30 pounds lighter than my 2014 BX's...I'll have to buy something nice for the wife.

Mine or yours? ;)

on: October 20, 2017, 07:28:32 am 
Started by Mike Sokol - Last post by Kevin Graf
Is autoformer a real word in the US?
Steve.
Nope, the real word is autotransformer.
But in the old days, we would call it an auto-xformer.

on: October 20, 2017, 07:15:18 am 
Started by richard_cooper - Last post by Steve M Smith
Looks interesting.

I would also like to hear anyone's experience of this:  https://www.astounded.com/shop/studiomaster-digilive16-16-input-hybrid-digital-mixing-console/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6sjqgYn_1gIVihDTCh1yqw8vEAQYASABEgK9l_D_BwE

Steve.

on: October 20, 2017, 06:40:08 am 
Started by Tom Bourke - Last post by Keith Broughton
I have been using a Motorola 53863 headset for years for corporate work.
Replaced the connector with an XLR 4 pin.
It requires phantom power so I carry a Production Intercom PB1.5.
Effective, comfortable and compact.
NOTE: not suitable for loud environments.

on: October 20, 2017, 06:11:47 am 
Started by Tony Mamoh - Last post by Tony Mamoh
Looking to buy a Sennheiser lav wireless system (preferably XSW model). Must be in good condition. Pls PM me with details.

on: October 20, 2017, 04:58:39 am 
Started by Ben Easler - Last post by Jean-Pierre Coetzee
At some point you would have reached the best compromise.

If the LCR is designed correctly literally anywhere I'm the room, possibly where the boss sits is the best place to do the level adjustments but then again if it was designed correctly they should all be set at the same level and left alone.

What was the purpose of the down fills in the design that will dictate the level and delay that should be used, also from a sound design perspective for theatre I would much rather have lip fills then down fills since sound image from the top is not very natural.

Regarding the balcony fills again, what is their purpose, simply to add back some high end that was shaded by the balcony or do they need to provide full range signal to under the balcony.

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 15 queries.