ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
 on: April 18, 2024, 01:19:58 PM 
Started by Ike Zimbel - Last post by Brian Jojade
I love it when a 'certified' electrician is required for tie ins, and stuff like this happens.

Yes, even though I'm not certified, I WILL be double checking your work. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

on: April 18, 2024, 01:02:52 PM 
Started by Riley Casey - Last post by Riley Casey
Up for sale a case full of NL2 speaker cables. These are largely Rapco brand cable made in our shop. Most are 12 or 13 gauge. Used primarily for corporate shows in ballrooms & convention centers. The current price for this list of cables based on a quick look at Sweetwater and Audiopyle is in the $4000 range. There are some interesting bits like a few pin shift cables for pin two to pin one applications ( they have a yellow shell on the shifted end ) and 25ft zip cord cable for that time you need a skinny cable to tape across a door.

I will sell the entire pack of cables plus a 30x30 baltic birch case for $400 if picked up near BWI airport. I will ship it truck freight on its wheels if you pay the shipping. Not willing to break the pack up. I need floor space.

The NL8s in the picture are in the next listing

To follow up contact me at rentals at espsound dot calm

NL2   150 ft   white & blue
NL2   100ft   white & white
NL2   50ft           blue
NL2   25ft            red
NL2   10ft           white
NL2   5ft           green
NL2   3ft           orange

NL2   8ft   pin shift P1-P2 at yellow end

on: April 18, 2024, 12:56:01 PM 
Started by Ike Zimbel - Last post by Chris Hindle
It was forty years ago today!
Sergeant Pepper told the band to... no, wait...https://www.prosoundweb.com/three-days-in-march  :P

Bet you never missed double checking the tye-in after that....
Don't know how many evil eyes I've gotten from various Sparkies over the years, for not "trusting" their work. Unfortunately, I've caught too many hot/neutral reverses and loose grounds to trust ANYONE.

As to Yammies, my 2404 / 1204 / 1608 trio made me a ton of coin over the years...

Rock on....
Chris.

on: April 18, 2024, 12:01:40 PM 
Started by Ike Zimbel - Last post by Ike Zimbel
It was forty years ago today!
Sergeant Pepper told the band to... no, wait...https://www.prosoundweb.com/three-days-in-march  :P

on: April 18, 2024, 11:54:28 AM 
Started by Mike Monte - Last post by Chris Grimshaw
Maybe a comb filter, but when you've got that much radiating area, it'll get pretty directional as well. Moving off-axis would likely result in the effects described in the first post.

I agree that 1xCab/side would have been better, if it would have been able to keep up. Chances are it wouldn't. I guess someone decided more = more, and went from there.
If enough channels of amplification were available, an instrument per speaker (Grateful Dead style) would have bought some headroom.

Chris

on: April 18, 2024, 11:29:08 AM 
Started by Warren Groenewald - Last post by Brian Jojade
RCA jacks are typically a -10db unbalanced input.

Outputs on mixers vary, with pro level XLR outputs typically being +4db (when reading 0 on the mixer.)

If your mixer has a higher output, you can either put a pad inline, or you simply run the meters lower, realizing the maximum input you should be using.

The 402 has RCA tape outputs, which the level isn't specified in the manual, but most likely would be -10db.  The tape outputs are paralleled to the main outputs and work the same way.  Easy cable and done. 

Of course, make sure the speakers can handle what you're sending to them.  Sometimes aux inputs are more sensitive and a full signal level will overdrive the speakers attached.

on: April 18, 2024, 10:32:08 AM 
Started by Mike Monte - Last post by Tim McCulloch
It appears that they made a couple of big comb filters.

The speculation about the exact Yamaha loudspeaker is a red herring.

on: April 18, 2024, 10:30:19 AM 
Started by Frank Koenig - Last post by Tim McCulloch
I cannot say that ASIO4All will fix your problem, but I will say that using it has not been a problem for me, so far, but I'm not using Win11 in the field.

on: April 18, 2024, 09:01:13 AM 
Started by Kevin Maxwell - Last post by John Schalk
I am not sure where you got the idea the software is "calibrated" for the plethora of iPad and iPhone products.  Studio Six Digital sells a USB microphone that contains a calibration chip the software can read.  This is the only way to get a calibrated reading.  You need the mic, it's $100 well spent.
Studio Six Digital calibrates their apps to use the built-in microphones.  That information comes from watching their short video on how to use their SPL meters.  You can find a link for it in the app.

on: April 18, 2024, 08:53:48 AM 
Started by Warren Groenewald - Last post by Warren Groenewald
Hello

We have a Yamaha P115 keyboard with [L/L+R] AUX OUT jacks, 1/4″ jacks.
Then we have a digital church organ connected to very good speakers, and the organ has [L/L+R] RCA inputs. Unfortunately we cannot easily get to the organs speakers to see what the amplifiers look like in terms of inputs, so our best bet is connecting directly to the organ inputs at this stage.

There are two things I am trying to simplify with the least amount of extra things to switch on and balance sound/mixers/etc:
  • Be able to connect the Yamaha to the organ easily, this would need to be easy as possible as I won't always be there to set this up for the pianists
  • Be able to connect a small mixer to the organ, like the Mackie 402-VLZ4, for the odd occasion we want to send anything else over the organ speakers

I was considering running a single RCA cable (since mono is totally ok for this scenario) to a small box with a female 1/4″ jack port, but I'm uncertain that the output levels of the keyboard or mixer would be suitable to just run straight into this little box into the organ's RCA input, or if there is a more suitable option?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 15 queries.