ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 02:14:13 pm 
Started by Chris Campbell - Last post by John Sulek
Mute and PFL as neighbors can also be interesting.
Chris.
Or solo and insert as in the xl3. Careful with your fingers.

on: Yesterday at 01:16:52 pm 
Started by Mike Sokol - Last post by Andrew Broughton
I used a variable autotransformer in China that worked as a voltage regulator. Hadn't seen that before, seemed rather ingenious. Voltages were all over the place in China so it worked very well keeping the output voltage steady without the "jumps" of a standard autotransformer. You could hear it humming away as the wiper moved slightly one way or the other, keeping the output steady.

on: Yesterday at 01:12:33 pm 
Started by Gary Weller - Last post by Mal Brown
I own 4 kw-181, 5 K12 and 2 K10...  subs and 3 k12's are rented out this weekend.  The stuff survives the rental use fine - every thing has the QSC bag...  sounds good out of the box.  They have the rep of sound not to

So hot at the limits - but... what does ?  I'm guessing that the DSP is going into extreme limiting so the speaker doesn't lunch...

QSC and 6 year warranty,  never needed it.  Nice to know it's there.

So... if I were buying tomorrow.  Kw181's and K12's is what I'd be buying.

on: Yesterday at 01:06:43 pm 
Started by Scott Gentry - Last post by Tim McCulloch
My opinion of the SRX835's is that they can't get much better for the money. You can spend more and have relatively the same though. The 835's are relatively linear and they sound pretty much as their specs state. I believe the 812 is actually flatter and even more linear, but does not fair well with splaying due to the 90* coverage. The 835's horns do a pretty good job and you can splay these boxes. They said 60x40 and they are pretty much 60X40 where you expect them to be.

I was one that was initially bothered by the " lower than expected output vs input " operating range of this line. Mostly because I am not one that does not like to cook HA and or tickle red lights. No# 2. I have several visiting engineers complain that they had to push the mixer to get the SPL they wanted. I went through a series of techniques to get to my desired working standard, but finally settled on the easy and obvious fix; just turn the speakers master all the way up.

The most interesting part of what I ended up doing was the setting of the speakers limiter. I am actually running a lower threshold setting than stock, which was already set pretty modestly. The speakers limiter light does blink early and often, but I could never hear it working. So I kept turning it down till I did. I finally settled on a threshold setting of -15db with the master and input turned all the way up. It gets more than loud enough and the limiter keeps the visiting engineers in check. I have not had to do any changes to those setting in about a year and I have gotten ZERO service calls from the two venues that I have these installed in over that time!!! Long and short of it is, the SRX800 line is the biz and can do everything you ask of them.

The OP bailed on this a couple months ago because our simple and pragmatic approach didn't fit his world view of where his console's faders & knobs should be physically set and which console LEDs flashed.

on: Yesterday at 12:49:28 pm 
Started by Kev Parker - Last post by Kev Parker
Hi Kev,

I have not opened up a 3000 but the fans I believe are not axial but a blower type like the one shown in the picture (Digam 5000)  - I MAY BE WRONG! (someone please correct me if I am)

This is what I have used ... (and just ordered) for the K series however I think the Digam's are 24V ... not sure.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/blowers/0126436/?searchTerm=PMB1212PLB2-A&relevancy-data=636F3D3126696E3D4931384E53656172636847656E65726963266C753D656E266D6D3D6D61746368616C6C7061727469616C26706D3D5E2E2A2426706F3D31333326736E3D592673743D43415443485F414C4C5F44454641554C542673633D592677633D4E4F4E45267573743D504D4231323132504C42322D41267374613D504D4231323132504C42322D4126

Hi...

Ouch! I have already ordered a fan based on the previous recommendation  and now I'm not sure!!  I don't have the amp to open it up to check..... anybody any other thoughts?

Thanks

on: Yesterday at 12:48:14 pm 
Started by Scott Gentry - Last post by Luke Geis
My opinion of the SRX835's is that they can't get much better for the money. You can spend more and have relatively the same though. The 835's are relatively linear and they sound pretty much as their specs state. I believe the 812 is actually flatter and even more linear, but does not fair well with splaying due to the 90* coverage. The 835's horns do a pretty good job and you can splay these boxes. They said 60x40 and they are pretty much 60X40 where you expect them to be.

I was one that was initially bothered by the " lower than expected output vs input " operating range of this line. Mostly because I am not one that does not like to cook HA and or tickle red lights. No# 2. I have several visiting engineers complain that they had to push the mixer to get the SPL they wanted. I went through a series of techniques to get to my desired working standard, but finally settled on the easy and obvious fix; just turn the speakers master all the way up.

The most interesting part of what I ended up doing was the setting of the speakers limiter. I am actually running a lower threshold setting than stock, which was already set pretty modestly. The speakers limiter light does blink early and often, but I could never hear it working. So I kept turning it down till I did. I finally settled on a threshold setting of -15db with the master and input turned all the way up. It gets more than loud enough and the limiter keeps the visiting engineers in check. I have not had to do any changes to those setting in about a year and I have gotten ZERO service calls from the two venues that I have these installed in over that time!!! Long and short of it is, the SRX800 line is the biz and can do everything you ask of them.

on: Yesterday at 11:56:48 am 
Started by John Chiara - Last post by John Chiara
This is the real key.  If we can see the network settings on the X32 i'm betting we can get you steered right fairly easily.

Also, i have to ask.  There are 3 different connection types on the back of teh X32 [4 if you have the dante card], all of which use RJ45.  Are you sure you're connecting to the network connection?  I've made this mistake myself after connecting them successfully many times, so it's an easy enough oops to make.

on: Yesterday at 11:37:20 am 
Started by Gary Weller - Last post by Bradford "BJ" James
I've used DSR112 and KW118 quite a bit and found it to be a good combo. 1 KW118 per DSR is fine, but 2 is better. No DSP needed even when running aux/group fed subs. Just wish they would fix the damn handles on them.

on: Yesterday at 11:30:49 am 
Started by Hanno Meingast - Last post by Hanno Meingast
I have both the new USB3 camera connection dongle, and the apple  USB to Ethernet dongle. The iPad (4) shows Ethernet present on the iPad.

X-Mix cannot connect to my X32 Rack, as I can wirelessly. I have tried both with/ without the switch I use before my WAP.

Has anybody made this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.    Hanno

on: Yesterday at 11:08:17 am 
Started by Ken Cross - Last post by Ken Cross
I've noticed people are finally understanding the need for hearing loops (T-coil compatible systems). Since 1967 telephones have been required in the US to be compatible with hearing aids, but hearing aids haven't been required to be compatible with telephones. We installed a loop system in our Church sanctuary about 3 or 4 years ago. At the time we were the only installation I could find north of Seattle. Now they are popping up all over, and I ask myself why audiologists don't seem to tell hearing aid users what this can do for them.

Do you talk with people about the need for this system? Most of us who hear normally seem to assume louder will make hearing better for those people who do use hearing aids. (That couldn't be farther from the truth.) This is an area most of us should get familiar with. We put in an Oval Window system that was only $895 (plus our volunteer labor.) Offering from only one hearing aid wearer can easily pay for it.

Ken

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.