ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 05:27:01 pm 
Started by Leonardo Bertinelli - Last post by Helge Dr. Bentsen
Very common thing over here.

Any mixer that can be under 23kg in a case.
Stagerack + some accesories in a flight under 23kg.
Mic package + laptop as carry-on.
Ask for mic cables+stands+multicore when you advance the gig. People tend to get a cat-multicore based desk because catcables are usually available everywhere.

on: Today at 05:25:53 pm 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by Cailen Waddell
Thanks Tim - I've seen covers in the past, but wasn't sure what I was looking at.  At the time I scheduled the event with the organizers, there were was to be no rain; I hate using tarps.  I rarely have weather related issues on outdoor shows... maybe my good-luck is ending.
Hi Cailen - yes, you are just down the road!  The single outlet at the bank seems to be doing good, but if they ever need to send audio further down S. Academy St (from the bank), I may need more current for the line array I would need to use.  Thanks for the offer!  Had no idea there was power "hiding" near the auto shop.  I've provided a PA for them for about 6 years now, and there was only one other time it rained.

We have around 25 50a California or stove plug connectors down academy st now....

I got a lot of wire put in the ground when we renovated the street.

Glad everything survived the rain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: Today at 05:23:47 pm 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by Bob Faulkner
Bob, get the official Yamaha weather covers.  The front outer cover unzips and you fold it up across the top of the speaker; there is a pop-out "tent" for the controls and connections and allows ventilation for the amplifier.

The front has a mesh that wicks water down to drain off.

It's a slick system and looks nicer than the trash bags I'd used in the past. 8)

Thanks Tim - I've seen covers in the past, but wasn't sure what I was looking at.  At the time I scheduled the event with the organizers, there were was to be no rain; I hate using tarps.  I rarely have weather related issues on outdoor shows... maybe my good-luck is ending.

Bob - you were mere yards away from my home at the arts center down academy st...   glad all went well.  If you ever are in the same spot and need more than the outlet on the outside of the bank, let me know.  We have L14-30s in the power pedestal across the street by the auto shop, with underground cable chases to cross the intersection....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Cailen - yes, you are just down the road!  The single outlet at the bank seems to be doing good, but if they ever need to send audio further down S. Academy St (from the bank), I may need more current for the line array I would need to use.  Thanks for the offer!  Had no idea there was power "hiding" near the auto shop.  I've provided a PA for them for about 6 years now, and there was only one other time it rained.

on: Today at 05:22:14 pm 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Debbie Dunkley
I had the event organizer contact the DJ who sent me an email today. He says he has, " (2) Technics 1200's + Rane TTM 57sl mixer",  and that the mixer has XLR RCA and 1/4" outs - YES!
I had asked him what his requirement are regarding monitor, mics etc but he didn't address that so I responded to his email advising him I will assume all he needs is left and right FOH and that he has his own monitor. At least I can plan a bit more easily now.

on: Today at 05:13:44 pm 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Debbie Dunkley
Cavin's closing? It does say "Most" items 20% off...

The website says "most' but the email flyer was worded differently.
There appears to be very little left to get rid of now - most items show 'out of stock'.

on: Today at 04:54:26 pm 
Started by John Roberts {JR} - Last post by Jonathan Johnson
I can probably do the wall oven install myself, but wouldn't mind having a real electrician do some clean up for obvious weak electrical wiring areas, using the proper junction boxes and terminations etc.   I'm sure I can find somebody to hook it up just like the old one,  ::) but I don't want that.

JR

If you want to strengthen your electrical wiring chops, I recommend the book Wiring Simplified by Richter, Schwan, Hartwell, et al. It's updated triannually along with the NEC -- 45th edition is based on 2017 code. I find it to be pretty comprehensive for residential wiring while fairly easy to understand. It goes into greater depth than most of the other "living dangerously for dummies" type books out there.

There's a companion book that also covers commercial wiring, Practical Electrical Wiring by the same authors. Latest edition appears to be #22, based on 2014 code. I couldn't find a 2017 version; it may come out in the next year.

on: Today at 04:48:39 pm 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by Steve Litscher
Bob, get the official Yamaha weather covers.  The front outer cover unzips and you fold it up across the top of the speaker; there is a pop-out "tent" for the controls and connections and allows ventilation for the amplifier.

It's a slick system and looks nicer than the trash bags I'd used in the past. 8)

Another Undercover NYC user here, but I'm interested in the Yamaha offering... couldn't find it with a quick 1-minute search on Google. Any links to the Yamaha weatherproof cover?

on: Today at 04:47:03 pm 
Started by Al Rettich - Last post by Spenser Hamilton
As a tech industry worker I don't get Apple in general. The common theme with them since the beginning has always been that they just work better, they do have some very elegant products but they only work better within their own little world, as soon as you try to interface with the outside world things get complicated. I supplied a video projector for an event this past year, it was a modern unit with all the typical I/O.. HDMI, USB, VGA.  So guess what computer the customer shows up with to connect to the projector.. a MAC of course...  which doesn't natively support any of those formats.. and of course they didn't bring the adapter for that Apple only I/O port and it was Sunday 5pm over a long weekend so it's not like you could run down to the local corner store to buy one.

You came unprepared, we have a draw full of video equipment, including a decent set of "macbook adapters".

on: Today at 04:37:22 pm 
Started by Mark Cadwallader - Last post by Matt Errend
Molded into the back of the meter above
Conforms to
IEE 61010-1
IEC 61010-2-032
600V CAT.3
CE

Unfortunately, it's easy for Chinese OEMs to burn in the certification markings into their DMMs, but never actually have them certified. There are numerous videos online of DMMs with CAT/UL/CE/IEC ratings failing to meet their ratings. Dave Jones of EEVblog has a bunch of great multimeter review videos, and has some excellent explanations as to why some meters are worth it, and why some aren't. This  "CAT IV" rated meter has $.01 glass fuses on it's inputs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Tkm21dI1g

If you're playing with low voltage electronics, buy whatever, maybe it will work well, maybe it wont. But if you're probing on and around 200V+ circuits, buy something worth owning and learn how to use it, safely.

on: Today at 04:07:59 pm 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by Rob Spence

+1
I am using Undercover NYC weather covers for my EV speakers but the Yamaha design seems cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 14 queries.