ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 11:37:20 am 
Started by Gary Weller - Last post by Bradford "BJ" James
I've used DSR112 and KW118 quite a bit and found it to be a good combo. 1 KW118 per DSR is fine, but 2 is better. No DSP needed even when running aux/group fed subs. Just wish they would fix the damn handles on them.

on: Today at 11:30:49 am 
Started by Hanno Meingast - Last post by Hanno Meingast
I have both the new USB3 camera connection dongle, and the apple  USB to Ethernet dongle. The iPad (4) shows Ethernet present on the iPad.

X-Mix cannot connect to my X32 Rack, as I can wirelessly. I have tried both with/ without the switch I use before my WAP.

Has anybody made this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.    Hanno

on: Today at 11:08:17 am 
Started by Ken Cross - Last post by Ken Cross
I've noticed people are finally understanding the need for hearing loops (T-coil compatible systems). Since 1967 telephones have been required in the US to be compatible with hearing aids, but hearing aids haven't been required to be compatible with telephones. We installed a loop system in our Church sanctuary about 3 or 4 years ago. At the time we were the only installation I could find north of Seattle. Now they are popping up all over, and I ask myself why audiologists don't seem to tell hearing aid users what this can do for them.

Do you talk with people about the need for this system? Most of us who hear normally seem to assume louder will make hearing better for those people who do use hearing aids. (That couldn't be farther from the truth.) This is an area most of us should get familiar with. We put in an Oval Window system that was only $895 (plus our volunteer labor.) Offering from only one hearing aid wearer can easily pay for it.

Ken

on: Today at 10:56:24 am 
Started by Gary Weller - Last post by Jay Marr
The band I mix for is thinking of getting a new PA and keeping their old JBL EON rig as a spare/practice rig. Light weight is required. Is the DSR112 still the king in it's range? What sub would be a good match PRX 818 or KW181? I'd like to do subs on aux without a DSP but I see the DSR's cross @120 and the PRX cross @80 and the KW @ 100. Desk is Si2 Expression.

If I had to buy an all powered 12/18 system tomorrow, I would buy Yamaha DSR112 and Yorkville LS808 subs.
I have the DSRs and love them.  I've tried the Yorkville's and they have outstanding punch...great for band bar gigs.
If those are too heavy, then KW or PRX6/7 series.

on: Today at 09:34:47 am 
Started by Justin Joyner - Last post by Steven Eudaly
AFAIK all modern Shure wireless uses the same capsule threads they have been for many years.

on: Today at 08:11:30 am 
Started by Tracy Garner - Last post by Cailen Waddell
The other aspect of municipal stadiums is the sound bleed.  Sheeran cancelled his show at Levi's here in Santa Clara because of the noise curfew.  It seems to me that a high directivity system properly deployed could make the difference between annoying the neighbors and being actually able to present events.  Which would end up requiring tours to use the house system so that the outside SPLs could be guaranteed to the city council.

It’s a discussion that’s regularly had in our municipality...   the Greek in LA requires the use of the house system.   Unfortunately we aren’t them, and most tours would just go somewhere else if we tried to leverage that sort of rule....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: Today at 07:34:42 am 
Started by John Chiara - Last post by Geert Friedhof
I would use a router with wlan, and connect the xtouch and the x32 to that, using the network connector.

on: Today at 07:11:56 am 
Started by Justin Joyner - Last post by Justin Joyner
Have to agree, the SLX were OK at best ... and FWIW QLX-D  Vs ULX-D  "In terms of audio quality, reliability, and RF performance, as we said, they’re the same." (see link below)

http://blog.shure.com/5-things-to-know-about-qlx-d-digital-wireless/

Thanks everyone!  It sounds like if I must go with Shure, I should really take a close look at the QLX-D series.

That being said...does anyone know if the capsules for those are interchangeable with the SLX/ULX series?  Telefunken makes no mention of the QLX-D series on their website for their capsules...

on: Today at 05:28:49 am 
Started by Justin Joyner - Last post by Peter Morris
I used to own 8 channels of SLX with antenna distros etc. They were OK. The RF performance was not a patch on the Sennheisers in a similar price bracket. Once you hit UR and ULX-D Shure definitely starts to shine but I find that most Shure RX below their range is pretty ordinary to rubbish.

Having said that, I have not tried the QLX-D and most people say that they are pretty good.

Have to agree, the SLX were OK at best ... and FWIW QLX-D  Vs ULX-D  "In terms of audio quality, reliability, and RF performance, as we said, they’re the same." (see link below)

http://blog.shure.com/5-things-to-know-about-qlx-d-digital-wireless/

on: Today at 04:09:37 am 
Started by Jeff Lelko - Last post by Xiang Cao
I had similar issue with just one single receiver in a 8xew100 rack, it seems to be cable.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 16 queries.