ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:42:02 am 
Started by Chris Gruber - Last post by Eric Snodgrass
It seems stupid, I know, but I get the distortion/clipping issue if using a sub box and using a 'full size' mic cable I don't. Sub box works with all other microphones... with or without 48v, go figure.
Time to replace that sub box.

on: Today at 07:04:20 am 
Started by dave milton - Last post by Taylor Hall
So, just finished up my first real gig with this setup.  A festival with artists such as Shawn Colvin, Kathy Mattea, Sloane Wainright, Hubby Jenkins, Sam Baker, etc. 

Everything worked great and turned out to be exactly what I was looking for.  Once I got through the issues getting up and running, it all worked easy and smooth.  Saved me a ton of work at the venue itself and did everything I was wanting it to. 

Thanks again for your help and guidance,
d.
Glad to hear you got it all working! It's a fantastic piece of software that surprisingly powerful for being free. Can't wait for V5 to come out, it's going to be a game changer.

on: Today at 06:45:58 am 
Started by richard_cooper - Last post by rollick
An Android app has been released for remote controlling the DM20 mixer:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.esunny.sound

on: Today at 05:39:27 am 
Started by Scott Holtzman - Last post by Helge A Bentsen
My go-to OH mic for years was a Rode NT4, it's a decent XY-mic that doesn't cost too much.

on: Today at 04:11:43 am 
Started by Scott Holtzman - Last post by Chris Grimshaw
It's an interesting article for sure.
I do have one (slight) gripe, though. Talking of removing EQ from the chain, and then using an Audix D6, which is one of the most inherently-EQ'd mics I've come across.

I recognise the speaker he used for a subkick and it's certainly an interesting choice - a Tang Band W6-1139SI, which is a 6.5" mini-subwoofer. Long voice coil, lots of linear excursion. I wonder what the reasoning behind that choice was...

Chris

on: Today at 04:10:30 am 
Started by Scott Olewiler - Last post by Mark Dawson
Dan,  stop being a mongol. 

The OP was simply asking for guidelines for converting daily/weekly prices into monthly.  He was enquiring re industry standards and techniques.   If hes too expensive his market will dictate.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: Today at 04:02:31 am 
Started by Brian Charbobs - Last post by Chris Grimshaw
The advantage of ribbon drivers is they typically have much lower distortion than compression driver and a much better impulse responses and waterfall plots.

https://www.supersonic.se/dokument/tpl-150%20BEYMA_esen.pdf

The main issue with ribbon drivers has been their lack of efficiency and power handling compared to compression drivers, but some of the newer drivers are now quite good.

Lower distortion but lower power handling..?
Which is it?

The Beyma PDF was interesting, although I'm dubious about their multi-tone testing. The compression driver was putting out ~10dB more below 2kHz, so I wouldn't consider it a fair comparison.

Chris

on: Today at 01:48:42 am 
Started by Scott Holtzman - Last post by Scott Holtzman
I don't know about placing it anywhere. I place mine very precisely with the goal of getting the snare and kick centered in the image and getting the rest of the kit evenly represented. What I like about coincident overheads is that it gives me the option of time aligning the close mics with the overheads.
Thanks.  I now undetstand the placement he referenced.  It makes sense too.  Very interesting article. 

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

on: Today at 01:35:33 am 
Started by Scott Holtzman - Last post by Patrick Tracy
I don't know about placing it anywhere. I place mine very precisely with the goal of getting the snare and kick centered in the image and getting the rest of the kit evenly represented. What I like about coincident overheads is that it gives me the option of time aligning the close mics with the overheads.

on: Today at 12:29:35 am 
Started by Michael Storey - Last post by Tim Hite
 XD

Thankfully, no, but we did have a close call once when we lost control of one on a lift gate.

The shop I was working with at the time got some Crest 10001's but I think they were quickly deemed too much and sold off. I recall it had giant "Warning: Risk of death stickers on the back." Was a buzz kill.

Broken in half? ::)
We were a QSC shop "Back in the day"
Racks of EX4000, 3800 and MX1500
Got "a deal" on a Crown MA-10,000, but I refused to take it on a gig. It was just too scary for me to risk an entire PA on one amp.......
The boss flogged it off somewhere. We never even plugged it in.
Chris.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 14 queries.