ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: April 16, 2024, 10:55:08 AM 
Started by Doug Alexander - Last post by Doug Alexander
The console has only been used twice and is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a reliable and efficient control console. With its high-quality design and user-friendly interface, this console is easy to use and can help you create breathtaking lighting effects for your next show or event, it Features a range of advanced features and customizable options, this console is ideal for all types of users, whether you're a beginner or a seasoned professional.

Asking for $3000

on: April 16, 2024, 10:54:15 AM 
Started by Peter Kowalczyk - Last post by Steve-White
Oh, its definitely overkill.   ;)

However, after having an M20 pole cup fail at a gig, I don't trust the straight poles anymore.  The weight of an X40 on top of a straight pole was able to apply enough torque to break a pole cup. Can you imagine with a UPQ?  These truss assemblies feel solid with a UPQ on top of a 900LFC.

That appears to be an axial type failure and not the result of excessive side loading.  Probably dropped onto a fixed speaker pole that bottomed our or "shanked" and the lower supporting structure won the contest.

on: April 16, 2024, 09:18:14 AM 
Started by Steve Ferreira - Last post by Steve Ferreira
Scott,

It it is what it is. I was hoping for the best and expecting the worst. For now the issue seems to be tied to the local I/O but I need to get the console in front of me to be sure.

on: April 16, 2024, 09:10:08 AM 
Started by Peter Kowalczyk - Last post by John Schalk
In the picture of the broken pole cup, is that some kind of dual mode cup?  The M20 mounts on my subs are flush with the speaker cabinet such that the bottom of the air-assisted poles that I use make contact with the metal plate of the M20 mount when screwed down tightly.  IOW - there's no "cup" at the bottom, just a solid metal plate.  I've never felt like my speakers were wobbly on my poles.  I agree that the speakers do look cool mounted on the truss!

on: April 16, 2024, 08:54:35 AM 
Started by Alec Spence - Last post by John Schalk
Just to be clear, using the headphone out will do the opposite of mimicking an instrument: instruments (especially electric guitars) have a very high output impedance, while headphone amplifiers have a fairly-to-very low output impedance. The goal of using the headphone output was to simulate the common real-word situation of using a DI for the audio from a laptop or cellphone, but won't necessarily tell you much about how it will perform with an instrument.
Got it.  Thanks for the explanation Russ.

on: April 16, 2024, 08:50:38 AM 
Started by Tim McCulloch - Last post by John Roberts {JR}
Hey gang.  Good to see the regulars still kicking.  Won’t be too long before we see full LED volumes like on a soundstage.  Grimes thing sounds like either a sampling rate error or some sort of tempo mismatch in whatever she’s using for playback.

Good to be seen... ;)

JR

on: April 16, 2024, 08:26:26 AM 
Started by Peter Kowalczyk - Last post by Chris Hindle
Is that plastic?!  Very frightening if so.  I get that manufacturers are trying to shave weight and cost where they can but this seems to be a very poor place to do that...
May be aluminium, but I'm betting on white metal.
Chris.

on: April 16, 2024, 07:50:56 AM 
Started by Christopher Greco - Last post by Ivan Beaver
I'm sure if a cabinet was rated at 6 ohm some would think their amps would not run it.
You HAVE NO IDEA how many people think this.

I once rated a cabinet for 6 ohms (because that best described the overall load on the amplifier).

I got lots of calls asking where to buy a 6 ohm amplifier, because none of the manufacturers listed it.

I then rated it for 4 ohms and the calls stopped.  The cabinet did not change.

The lack of basic understanding in our industry is astounding sometimes

on: April 16, 2024, 07:44:33 AM 
Started by Tim McCulloch - Last post by John Bosco
Hey gang.  Good to see the regulars still kicking.  Won’t be too long before we see full LED volumes like on a soundstage.  Grimes thing sounds like either a sampling rate error or some sort of tempo mismatch in whatever she’s using for playback.

Welcome back Dave, long time!

on: April 16, 2024, 07:17:11 AM 
Started by Peter Kowalczyk - Last post by Jeff Lelko
However, after having an M20 pole cup fail at a gig, I don't trust the straight poles anymore.  The weight of an X40 on top of a straight pole was able to apply enough torque to break a pole cup. Can you imagine with a UPQ?  These truss assemblies feel solid with a UPQ on top of a 900LFC.

Is that plastic?!  Very frightening if so.  I get that manufacturers are trying to shave weight and cost where they can but this seems to be a very poor place to do that...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.