ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:28:40 am 
Started by Jay Barracato - Last post by Ivan Beaver
Meaning it works perfectly every time you have it in to look at it but goes wrong every time you give it back to the customer!

Steve.
I worked for a guy once who told the customer to take a picuter of him and put it under the lid of their VCR.

That way the electrons inside the VCR would "behave" because a tech was looking at them.

TRUE STORY.  He could not find the intermittant (he was a very good tech) and just gave up.

on: Today at 07:23:31 am 
Started by Mike Holtzinger - Last post by Mike Holtzinger
Fixed it for ya. :D

Yes and I don't disagree with you, but after 30 years in live sound old habits die hard.

on: Today at 07:02:41 am 
Started by Kevin Maxwell - Last post by Mike Monte
lOL...Really? Do you actually think that the conductor is going to spend any of his precious time running out to FOH to listen to the orchestra, while who conducts the rehearsal? Not going to happen, especially if they are a union orchestra and they are under tight rehearsal/break time limits.

Better to talk to the artistic director or executive/managing director who are the ones who probably write the checks and book the crew for next year's show anyway.

FWIW: The professional orchestra I perform in (member of the clarinet section) IS a union orchestra (BMA; Boston Musicians' Association).  During our "pops series" the assistant conductor stays at the FOH to direct the tech's mix.....just saying...

on: Today at 06:21:34 am 
Started by jesseweiss - Last post by jesseweiss
I bought the DXS as well. Behringer and Harbinger were the cheap boxes I would stay away from. The DXS 18 has done me well in the 3-400 person indoor shows. Just one a side
Yeah I don't buy stuff like that anymore. In fact the point of the post was to move away from Mackie to JBL/qsc/Yamaha/ev.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

on: Today at 06:08:04 am 
Started by jesseweiss - Last post by Kemper Watson
Define cheap subs?

I was looking at DXS etc... Stuff around $1000. If you define that as cheap, your budget far exceeds mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I bought the DXS as well. Behringer and Harbinger were the cheap boxes I would stay away from. The DXS 18 has done me well in the 3-400 person indoor shows. Just one a side

on: Today at 05:54:05 am 
Started by scottstephens - Last post by Keith Broughton
that means the antennas are still in each others' radiating near fields which can be a detriment to maximum performance.
Now there is a bit of infoI didn't know.
Thanks Henry.

on: Today at 05:16:00 am 
Started by Scott Mullane - Last post by Ike Zimbel
I had 8ch of 6k in the production rig alongside the 16ch of Axient D, and they all performed perfectly. Of course, it's my job to make it so. FWIW, the Senny's have network quirks that the AX don't, but in the end they all did their jobs very well. IMHO, 9k is a technical PITA when part of a larger system, and doesn't play well with integrated multizone antenna systems, so I avoid it when I can. 6k, however, integrates very nicely.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
This mirrors my experience with working with a mixed set-up of 9K, 6K and AD pretty much exactly, point for point.

on: Today at 04:53:09 am 
Started by Jay Barracato - Last post by Steve M Smith
And then you have the intermittants.

Meaning it works perfectly every time you have it in to look at it but goes wrong every time you give it back to the customer!

Steve.

on: Today at 03:51:25 am 
Started by scottstephens - Last post by Lyle Williams
I would also make sure that they were set at 90degrees (or at least at some angle) to accomodate changing polarisations of incoming signals.

on: Today at 03:48:41 am 
Started by Jonathan Goodall - Last post by Lyle Williams
SQ and Qu pricing isn't close.  You have to factor in the I/O.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 15 queries.