ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something else than Bose L1 compact?  (Read 20065 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Something else than Bose L1 compact?
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 07:50:42 PM »

oh and just saw it pictured next to a person for scale as well, MUCH bigger product than I thought it was from the press photo. Not really suitable at all for this application :)  lol

k
It all a matter of compromise.  To some people not seeing "ugly loudspeakers" is more important than actual sound quality.

Now the people who are actually listening may not agree-but they are not the ones buying the system.

We have a customer who at the time of the install INSISTED that not seeing loudspeakers was the most important thing to them.

We explained the differences between what they wanted, the sound compromises as so forth, but they went for the "hidden" system anyway.

Now those people have moved on and the current owners are complaining about the sound quality.  We have explained to them what happened at the time-and they understand.

So now they are getting ready to buy another sound system.  One that will actually work well.  BUt it will be larger and will be seen, but they don't care.  THey just want it to work.

It is amazing what drives some people.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 12:48:04 PM »

These are small and mobile. Never heard them but have a friend who has mixed on them and had good things to say. 

http://www.k-array.net/index.php?Itemid=255&option=com_zoo&view=item&category_id=30&item_id=154&lang=en

Definately have a look at these things.  I've only heard them demoed at a trade show, but at moderate volumes at least, they would seem to fit the bill.  I don't know how they compare in price to the Bose.

GTD

Gustav Hedelund

• Liljedahls Musik - homepage
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 04:45:51 PM »

Definately have a look at these things.  I've only heard them demoed at a trade show, but at moderate volumes at least, they would seem to fit the bill.  I don't know how they compare in price to the Bose.

GTD

I have looked at these K-array and heard good things about them, but the price of these are very high so it doesn't fit the bill size of 2x L1's.  Heard the Renkus-Heinz, well, it's a lot bigger system :P.

I ordered an HK Elements system for the customer, they were perfectly fine with the look and ease of setup. This is also a cheap system like the L1's and similiar form factor. I think in this case, this is the best I can do. Actually the dispersion fits the place a lot better than the wide-spreading L1's too.

Thanks for all input guys!

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 12:31:39 AM »

I've mixed on the big brother L1 M2 a number of times.  It can sound good, but is a terrible value.  And the sound varies more with distance that I would have thought.

Paul John Volzone

• "Heroes Get remembered Kid... Legends Never Die".
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 03:11:19 PM »

Tom Young

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 06:45:44 PM »

http://www.eaw.com/products/LS832.html  ?

I'm not even sure it is still available (it is not listed on their website).

I have used these (and other CLA-series)  a few times for spoken word reinforcement systems and they were pretty good. I would never use one for music.

They also have no pole mounts or attachment points (threaded inserts) for pole mount plates. They're designed pretty much only for installation.
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
203-888-6217

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 06:45:44 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.