ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound company database software  (Read 6465 times)

Paul Lea

Sound company database software
« on: February 23, 2011, 04:58:11 PM »

Just curious what everyone uses out there.  I need a database program to take care of customer contacts, inventory, truck packs, purchase orders, invoicing and all the related things of that nature.  I also need to be able to have at least 3 people logged on.

I looked at Filemaker but it would mean starting at the beginning and creating it from scratch.

Whats out there?

Thanks!

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: Sound company database software
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 05:25:22 PM »

Just curious what everyone uses out there.  I need a database program to take care of customer contacts, inventory, truck packs, purchase orders, invoicing and all the related things of that nature.  I also need to be able to have at least 3 people logged on.

I looked at Filemaker but it would mean starting at the beginning and creating it from scratch.

Whats out there?

Thanks!

Flex Rental Solutions

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

No Name

• SR Forums
    • Stage Electrics UK
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 12:44:58 AM »

Kind Regards,
Adam Finlayson

Eric Satre

• Dowlen Sound Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 12:39:20 AM »

Hey -

I would recommend Flex Rental Solutions. I have been with them for over a year now and the software and the team behind it are absolutely amazing. You can access the software from anywhere as it is based on the internet with multiple users at the same time. Contact Chris, [email protected], and he will be more than happy to set you up with access to the demo site.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the software.

Eric Satre
Dowlen Sound Inc.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 11:29:44 AM »

Hey -

I would recommend Flex Rental Solutions. I have been with them for over a year now and the software and the team behind it are absolutely amazing. You can access the software from anywhere as it is based on the internet with multiple users at the same time. Contact Chris, [email protected], and he will be more than happy to set you up with access to the demo site.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the software.

Eric Satre
Dowlen Sound Inc.

From what I have seen, Chris saw a big hole in the market and is filling it aggressively.  Every report I have received regarding not only support, but agility and aggressiveness in making meaningful changes as opportunities present themselves, has been beyond glowing.

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

David Elsbury

• Computer says no...
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 02:37:15 AM »

I would recommend Flex Rental Solutions.
It's a pity that 1) there's so much reliance on flash movies and animations thoughout the site, it really is a pain on slower connections, and 2) http://flexrentalsolutions.com does NOT link straight to the home page www.flexrentalsolutions.com but instead to some sort of login.

In this day and age, there really is no need to manually type a "www." at the start of addresses, especially for a web based service...

That said it does look interesting, good to have another option out there.

Chris Stein

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 01:04:51 PM »

It's a pity that 1) there's so much reliance on flash movies and animations thoughout the site, it really is a pain on slower connections, and 2) http://flexrentalsolutions.com does NOT link straight to the home page www.flexrentalsolutions.com but instead to some sort of login.

In this day and age, there really is no need to manually type a "www." at the start of addresses, especially for a web based service...

That said it does look interesting, good to have another option out there.

Dave, when I just type in flexrentalsolutions.com it goes to the website, but I will have my guys take a look into the http://flexrentalsolutions.com link. Sorry about that. I appreciate the kind words so far. We strive to be very responsive to users needs, and referrals have been one of the main ways we have grown our business. We feel like we have a very good insight into the needs of the pro AV community. Many of the key personnel in this project have a lot of experience in the Event Industry, over 75 years total to be exact. It was the desire to finally bring the rental and inventory software into the internet age that started this project. Let's face it, we are outside the traditional office more than we are in it in this day and age. About three years ago we decided to migrate the front end user experience over the the Adobe Flex User Interface which allows us to program the interface once, and allows all desktop computers to access it natively using window, mac and even linux operating software. All you need is an internet connection. The downside is that we don't support iPhones or iPads ......... YET! The subscription based model also greatly reduces the upfront costs associated with many of our competitors. If any one has any specific questions, please let me know.

Chris Stein
Flex Rental Solutions
www.flexrentalsolutions.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 01:04:51 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.