ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL VRX or PV Versarray  (Read 9078 times)

Don Lanier

• http://www.pearlproaudio.com
Re: JBL VRX or PV Versarray
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 04:29:58 AM »

I beg to differ and whomever said the Peavey Versarray has "NO OUTPUT" is full of Doo-Doo, the box rocks and loudly, Ive seen setups of these that had very little drop off of SPL at very very long distances, a single array of 8 in the middle of a parking lot covered a football field in length easily, cleanly and with very little loss of SPL. Im not easily impressed by all the cheap talk I want to hear it, and thats what sold me on this system.

It just gets back to bashing gear( Its Peavey ) instead of stating facts, statistics and real information, opinion is just  your opinion, But dont quote some sound guy that has never heard or seen the system. Go to Ozzfest and tell them that the system has no output !! The Versarray is an impressive product that does a very good job and allows you to have the true line array, with Ribbons. The VRX due to its design is limited in its ability to use more then three boxes, unless your using as fill for the cheap seats or straight down.

For the users that need these and want to have this type of system its a very cost effective way to enter the Line Array market. Performance is there to match best of all its Affordable, Scalable, Flyable gear. Very Happy
Don Lanier
Pearl Productions
http://www.pearlproaudio.com

Bob Leonard

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 10:56:36 AM »

Don,
Very true indeed. I'm pretty well known as being brand loyal to JBL. I don't know why, Rolling Eyes but that being the case I had an opportunity to listen to a Versarray the other day a I was very impressed with the volume, build quality and tone. I'll also say that they give the VRX a good run for the money and it would be a tough decision to make in a side by side comparison test. I tend to like the sound of the JBL drivers a little more, but that's always going to be subjective and based on the listening individual. There ya go, I tried to disguise it, but I like the Peavey system.
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Jeff Babcock

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 11:59:44 AM »

There you have it folks, even Bob likes it!   Shocked

See, the buzz about these isn't all talk!  These fill the gap that VRX leaves once you get beyond 3 boxes/side.  Not to mention they are considerably cheaper.  I'm just looking for an excuse to pick some up.  Apparently the subs are no slouch either.

Ryan McLeod

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 01:57:04 PM »

Jeff - you can help me lift mine any time you'd like.

Lift on three....... Smile

R.
"What happens is fact, not truth. Thuth is what we think about what happens"
            -Robert McKee

Jeff Babcock

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 04:47:47 PM »

Well I didn't quite mean it that way.... Laughing  but hey sometime when I'm in your area maybe I can catch a show you're doing and get to hear the full rig.... I haven't heard a large hang of these yet, just a pair.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.