ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: On "Power experts needed"  (Read 23578 times)

chris haywood

Re: On Credibility
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 07:18:49 PM »

Quote:

Illegal.
Unsafe.
Dumberer, even.

is this the extent of technical knowledge I am having to deal with?  you get a D-
My most recent db calculations confirms that a 12db gain is the result while sitting on a chair to produce maximum db output to fart with a slight lean to the left or right... I have confirmed these findings to be accurate...

Clayton Luckie

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 07:25:10 PM »

Chris

I'm certainly no electrician (so I won't comment on safety), but I have not seen you refute the illegality of your method.  

Is the electrical procedure in question legal to perform in your area?

Check one:

□ Yes
□ No

cl

P.S. - I never cared about grades, even in school, so please save mine for someone else.

chris haywood

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 07:25:13 PM »

Anyone else before this topic is locked up?
Thank you...
Of course illegitimate questions are preferred, lets try to keep out the silly things, and ask legitimate questions, but be sure there is some educational background to confirm the accuracy of my statements...
As it stands now, I am still here with an A+ grade level of credibility, of course and unfortunately, there are some insecure individuals who cant stand that kind of thing, but it is so anyhow...

I didnt have to be so cocky about it, but I wasnt until some wise cracks came across, and its only fair that i respond with wise cracks of the WHIP!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Very Happy
My most recent db calculations confirms that a 12db gain is the result while sitting on a chair to produce maximum db output to fart with a slight lean to the left or right... I have confirmed these findings to be accurate...

The Guy

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 07:28:38 PM »

Chris, a few Q's:

-When you are trying to get 130dB at FOH (with 10dB of headroom, naturally) and you blow the fuse, do you put a penny in it next time?

-Did your audience leave because it sounded like crap, because it was too loud, or because the venue was on fire?   All of the above?

-Are you that guy who disconnects the ground cam on their distro to get rid of system hum?

-JB

P.S. that Panel is a FRANK ADAM baby!  I'd recognize one anywhere.  It's all charred because Evan was RAWKING OUT!  It takes a lot of current to burn up TRX midrange cones  Twisted Evil .

Vince Byrne

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 07:35:41 PM »

Chris,

At this point this isn't a game. At minimum you have got to know that adapter violates code and is illegal. That alone should be enough for you to stop this, now.

You are giving advice here to people you don't know. You might have the skills to meter out the outlets, but the guy most likely to take this advice doesn't. You can't just toss them a loaded gun and expect things to come out okay.

Peace,
Vince

chris haywood

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 07:37:19 PM »

Quote:

Chris

I'm certainly no electrician (so I won't comment on safety), but I have not seen you refute the illegality of your method.

Is the electrical procedure in question legal to perform in your area?

My method is that of using an extension cord... you do so at your own risk, you can start a fire with an extension cord if you are clueless...

Is an extension cord illegal?
NAY...

Here are the technical details....

After checking any other devices on either of the 2 circuits, best if there are none for the super safety people, but if there are some, your electrical knowledge will confirm or deny the saftey of each device electrically in such arrangements... now that being out of the way...  2 15 or 20 amp circuits supplying a single 30 amp load
(current stays the same in a series circuit) but in a parrelel circuit voltage remains the same, thus safely increasing available CURRENT  to amplifier, NOT CHANGING WIRE SIZE IN WALLS, OR BREAKERS..... AND PRESENTING ZERO SAFETY HAZARD..

Now do we see the light? now we see how silly all of the complaints are with this knowledge?

Legal? no alterations to building electrical systems exist, infact, this method is MORE SAFE! than using a single 15 or 20 am oultet for a 30 amp load...

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2007, 07:37:27 PM »

chris haywood wrote on Mon, 06 August 2007 14:56

LETS HAVE A TEST    Shocked  
Unlike others who make statements and then run without providing any technical information as to how they come to conclusions, or make recommendations, I am prepared to answer electrical questions to give all more insight.. and then we can all make an INFORMED judgment call on credibility... Just the way I like it, informed.

In the field of electrical, I make the credibility calls  Shocked  Very Happy  Cool

To support your self-proclaimed status of "judger of credibility in all things electrical:"

Please detail all of your relevant educational and training experience, as well as your electrician's license information.  Also please tell us how many years of experience you have working as a licensed electrician.

Thank you.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

chris haywood

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 07:42:16 PM »

Quote:

Chris, a few Q's:

-When you are trying to get 130dB at FOH (with 10dB of headroom, naturally) and you blow the fuse, do you put a penny in it next time?

-Did your audience leave because it sounded like crap, because it was too loud, or because the venue was on fire? All of the above?

-Are you that guy who disconnects the ground cam on their distro to get rid of system hum?

-JB

Jim ol buddy! the whole purpose of this arrangement is to avoid blowing a fuse!

What I do is calculate my electrical loads so I never blow a fuse! unless its older than dirt, in such case, I have a drawer in one my trucks FULL OF FUSES! of all different types... Because I deal with electrical problems on a regular basis, of which I have to diagnose and repair.... This is my field! YEEE HAAAA!

Fred Merkle

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 07:42:29 PM »

chris haywood wrote on Mon, 06 August 2007 19:37

2 15 or 20 amp circuits supplying a single 30 amp load
(current stays the same in a series circuit) but in a parrelel circuit voltage remains the same, thus safely increasing available CURRENT  to amplifier, NOT CHANGING WIRE SIZE IN WALLS, OR BREAKERS..... AND PRESENTING ZERO SAFETY HAZARD..

[BUZZER]  Wrong.   You cannot guarantee that the current will evenly divide between the two neutrals.  Worst case is all current goes down one of them.  Since your breaker is only high-side, you just started a fire.  (Certainly the fire part depends on how long you run it in such a configuration.)  

I apologize for yelling:  THERE IS NO SAFE WAY TO PARALLEL TWO HOUSHOLD AC CIRCUITS IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET MORE CURRENT THAN ANY ONE CIRCUIT IS RATED FOR.

-Fred

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 07:42:45 PM »

chris haywood wrote on Mon, 06 August 2007 16:37

(current stays the same in a series circuit) but in a parrelel (learn to fucking spell) circuit voltage remains the same, thus safely increasing available CURRENT  to amplifier, NOT CHANGING WIRE SIZE IN WALLS, OR BREAKERS..... AND PRESENTING ZERO SAFETY HAZARD..

So, you are advocating paralleling two circuits, which is basically combining two hots after their respective breakers.

You'd better fucking hope that they're on the same phase.

And that the local electrical inspector doesn't see it.

Quote:

Now do we see the light? now we see how silly all of the complaints are with this knowledge?

We see how silly you are in advocating such a thing.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.