ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: EONA ADRaudio merged  (Read 86402 times)

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
Re: EONA ADRaudio Powered Loudspeakers
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 08:51:54 PM »

Too Tall (Curtis H. List) wrote on Fri, 20 October 2006 16:09

Any chance you could share some of these measurements?

Curtis, I don't have my microphone and preamp here with me, but the next time I do I'll catch some measurements and send them to you. Sorry I don't have the originals, but I didn't save them.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Ales Dravinec 'Alex'

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 03:02:38 AM »

Too Tall (Curtis H. List) wrote on Fri, 20 October 2006 21:09

... so forgive me if I don’t think he has it so bad making it work in an active xover.....
Wink

Right on Curtis. I think I mentioned in one of my other posts, that the only way to achieve all desired specs is by using active circuitry....Ingemar Johanson did us all a great favor with LSPcad

Alex Cool
Ales Dravinec
R&D manager, owner
ADRaudio
Slovenia

'There's no replacement for displacement' Carroll Shelby (Jim Bowersox, Tim McCulloch)
'Put speakers up in the air, where they belong' Bill Hanley

Ales Dravinec 'Alex'

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 03:08:40 AM »

John Horvath wrote on Fri, 20 October 2006 20:13

.... you can clearly see that the horn in Bennett's U103 is different than the picture you provided.....

It is RCF horn (H101 ???)and I edited text below the photo to indicate this.

Alex Cool

Thanks John...I just wanted to make a point

edit : spelling
Ales Dravinec
R&D manager, owner
ADRaudio
Slovenia

'There's no replacement for displacement' Carroll Shelby (Jim Bowersox, Tim McCulloch)

Ales Dravinec 'Alex'

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 03:38:23 AM »

Too Tall (Curtis H. List) wrote on Fri, 20 October 2006 21:46

Hi Alex,

I see from what Bennett writes that the single 18” sub woofer is ported.

There looks to be a slot f or a possible vent on the M 1225 coax monitor and a couple of holes under the woofer on the U103.
Are both of these ported then?

Since you are using an active xover did you consider going sealed?

All boxes are ported. I was exploring an idea of making M1225 at least sealed. However since diaphragm dissplacement in a box this small without port(s) would be out of B&C specs (of course after quite a bit of LF equalization needed to flatten low frequency response), I decided to go ported.

Where to port is of course another issue especially when designing "full range" box, such as M1225 or U103.

M1225 is ported almost an octave lower than its HPF (12dB/oct, Q=0,8 ) If ported higher, I would be able to achieve much more SPL in 80 to 120 Hz area at the price of rapidlly loosing everything bellow...Box is more transparent now and gives you good "feel" of bass. Basically this is small(ish) monitor and when you need more bass out of it at lower volumes (acoustic acts ??), you just pump it up ant it will react happyly.

All ports are very genereously dimensioned to reduce audibility at res. frequency....port on ATA118 is even "flared" or widened at its exit and this reduces noise produced by air "hitting" the grille. This widening caused some tuning tweaks, to remain desired port frequency, but sometimes trial and error is the only way....Antonne...I'm sure you know what I'm talking about Wink

Alex Cool
Ales Dravinec
R&D manager, owner
ADRaudio
Slovenia

Too Tall (Curtis H. List)

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 11:23:22 AM »

Ales Dravinec (Alex) wrote on Sat, 21 October 2006 03:02

Too Tall (Curtis H. List) wrote on Fri, 20 October 2006 21:09

... so forgive me if I don’t think he has it so bad making it work in an active xover.....
Wink

Right on Curtis. I think I mentioned in one of my other posts, that the only way to achieve all desired specs is by using active circuitry....Ingemar Johanson did us all a great favor with LSPcad

Alex Cool

Hi Alex,
I see you stuck to analog.
I have kept my eyes open for something digital that would work with LspCAD’s digital modeling. There is no way I am going to learn enough about digital to create from scratch.
So far I have found this-
http://www.quickfiltertech.com/html/qfilter_page.php?content _id=45

Check out the size of that chip!!!

http://www.quickfiltertech.com/html/demo.php

The problem is it is FIR. I need to go active below 500Hz and about then I start to hit serious latency. I need to find the same package in IIR.

In the end I thought maybe go active analog and add digital only for flat delay where I need it.
Just tossing some ideas about.

BTW I was surprised on how low you went with the B&C compression driver. The horn must support it quite low to make it stretch that far. Even with that I thought you would hit Xmax and shatter the diaphragm. 2nd order acoustic makes matters worse.

I’m getting away with it because the BMS drivers are a totally different design. I did not think conventional compression drivers would take it. At the least it should distort something fierce.  Wink

Too Tall
        Curtis H. List    
             Bridgeport, Mich.   
        I.A.T.S.E. Local # 274 (Gold Card)
        Lansing, Mich
Independent Live Sound Engineer (and I'm Tall Too!)

Ales Dravinec 'Alex'

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2006, 04:45:06 AM »

Too Tall (Curtis H. List) wrote on Sat, 21 October 2006 16:23

I see you stuck to analog.

I sure am...at least when it comes to powered loudspeakers

Quote:

.... I need to find the same package in IIR.....

At AES both Analog Devices and Texas Instruments presented us with entry level yet serious DSP toys, that comes with very user friendly design software. Check them out

Quote:

BTW I was surprised on how low you went with the B&C compression driver. The horn must support it quite low to make it stretch that far. Even with that I thought you would hit Xmax and shatter the diaphragm. 2nd order acoustic makes matters worse......

We tested HF drivers with 100Hz and 40Wrms and they lived. Because of drivers sensitivity you do not need "much" power in 500 to 1K region...however you need all the power you can get to maintain HF above say 6K ! HF "crispness" comes from high peak capabilities of the system...this is the reason you can not power HF driver with small amp with few tens of watts.

With normal acoustical programme HF peaks were in a region of five to ten times higher than LF peaks even knowing, that HF driver is trimmed down approx. 10dB to match LF drivers sensitivity.

In other words : at room level, where LF peak voltage goes to 5Vpeak, HF peak easily stretch in region of 50Vpeak ot higher. If you don't consider this, box looses its transparency and "realysm"

Quote:

I’m getting away with it because the BMS drivers are a totally different design. I did not think conventional compression drivers would take it. At the least it should distort something fierce.  Wink

Well...we use only "page one" B&C drivers and over dimensioning paid off...using smaller drivers, that would suffer from problems you mentioned would result in completely different product....

Alex Cool
Ales Dravinec
R&D manager, owner
ADRaudio
Slovenia

Gareth James

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 08:51:24 AM »

Which B&C driver is being used on that U103? Scanned the posts here but didn't see a model no.

I use the ME90 horns in my tops with PD C1.4's, run from 1200hz up. Very pleased with the sound!  Very Happy

Had a look at the ADR website, the 618hh sub sounds interesting with its different driver loading methods for a more cardioid response. My only question is how much does it cost, since its using 6 1000w 18" drivers... Shocked

Ales Dravinec 'Alex'

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 09:18:57 AM »

Gareth James wrote on Mon, 23 October 2006 13:51

Which B&C driver is being used on that U103?

I will put it like this : it is DE 900 TN - selected ... for consistent specs. I have to say, that those drivers are very consistent in their quality, but we still have to use only the best in our production.

Quote:

Had a look at the ADR website, the 618hh sub sounds interesting with its different driver loading methods for a more cardioid response. My only question is how much does it cost, since its using 6 1000w 18" drivers... Shocked

MSRP for ATA618HH is 7980 EUR.

Alex Cool
Ales Dravinec
R&D manager, owner
ADRaudio
Slovenia

Chris Cowley

• http://www.humhead-digital.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 07:28:51 AM »

I'd certainly be intrigued to demo some in the UK.
GO YOU BIG RED FIRE ENGINE!!!!!!!!!

Chris Cowley

• http://www.humhead-digital.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2006, 07:36:45 AM »

Ales Dravinec (Alex) wrote on Mon, 23 October 2006 14:18

MSRP for ATA618HH is 7980 EUR.

Alex Cool

Sound loud  Very Happy  Twisted Evil
GO YOU BIG RED FIRE ENGINE!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.