ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: EONA ADRaudio merged  (Read 86406 times)

Ales Dravinec 'Alex'

• http://www.adraudio.com
Re: EONA ADRaudio Powered Loudspeakers
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2006, 08:36:11 AM »

Chris Cowley wrote on Thu, 02 November 2006 12:28

I'd certainly be intrigued to demo some in the UK.

Thank you Chris !

I'm sure we are able to arrange UK demo...after all...UK is not that far

index.php/fa/6461/0/

Alex

Chris about ATA 618 C HH msrp

Sound loud

Well..they actually do...We are very careful about specs. Wink
Based on performance the price is highly competitive
Ales Dravinec
R&D manager, owner
ADRaudio
Slovenia

'There's no replacement for displacement' Carroll Shelby (Jim Bowersox, Tim McCulloch)
'Put speakers up in the air, where they belong' Bill Hanley

Dylan Shepherd

• http://www.ecap.net.au
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2006, 05:31:42 AM »

Chris Cowley wrote on Thu, 02 November 2006 22:28

Make that Australia as well, if possible Alex ?? Smile

Dylan Shepherd

Ales Dravinec 'Alex'

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 08:12:38 AM »

Dylan Shepherd wrote on Sun, 12 November 2006 10:31

Dylan Shepherd

We are currently putting a lot of effort into organizing demos worldwide. Age of courier services makes our job easier.

The only way you can evaluate our speakers ( or any other speaker for that matter ) is to actually listen the speakers .

Dylan, we are working on getting you demos

Alex
Ales Dravinec
R&D manager, owner
ADRaudio
Slovenia

'There's no replacement for displacement' Carroll Shelby (Jim Bowersox, Tim McCulloch)

Dylan Shepherd

• http://www.ecap.net.au
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2006, 08:51:57 PM »

Ales Dravinec (Alex) wrote on Thu, 16 November 2006 23:12

Dylan Shepherd wrote on Sun, 12 November 2006 10:31

Dylan Shepherd

We are currently putting a lot of effort into organizing demos worldwide. Age of courier services makes our job easier.

The only way you can evaluate our speakers ( or any other speaker for that matter ) is to actually listen the speakers .

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thats great news. Im looking foward to hearing these puppys, They sound like they are one serious option....

Alex, my email is dylan@ecap.net.au

Cheers Very Happy

Ales Dravinec 'Alex'

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2006, 07:33:56 AM »

I got quit a few requests for processor block diagram, so I decided to put it on board.

I hope it is revealing enough.
Specifics will follow shortly on our web site for each individual product.

Alex

index.php/fa/6807/0/
Ales Dravinec
R&D manager, owner
ADRaudio
Slovenia

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2006, 11:14:09 AM »

Sweet! Two electro-optical limiters... it's like have two LA2As in there!

Cool

-Bink
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net

Ales Dravinec 'Alex'

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2006, 11:28:08 AM »

Michael 'Bink' Knowles wrote on Sat, 02 December 2006 16:14

Sweet! Two electro-optical limiters... it's like have two LA2As in there!

Cool

-Bink

LA-2A description

....A unique electro-optical attenuator system allows instantaneous gain reduction with no increase in harmonic distortion – an accomplishment at the time, still appreciated today.....

I'm positive UA did it better with this one !! This is one brilliant piece of equipment.

Alex
Ales Dravinec
R&D manager, owner
ADRaudio
Slovenia

Neale Watson

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2006, 06:58:43 AM »

Quote:

Dylan, when you get to listen to these please compare with the UPJ's (which I presume you have) and give us you comments.  I also want to compare them with the Nexo PS10's - which I can do if Alex is ok for us to ship them over to Perth for a week.

Neale

Dave Dermont

• http://www.geocities.com/livesound101/
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished - A Novel By Dave Dermont
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2006, 10:50:20 AM »

I was given the use of some nice powered speakers free of charge for a month. They are ADRAudio speakers, and consist of a pair of single 18” subs, a pair of tops with a 10” woofer, and a pair of wedges. I also have the Bennett Prescott Signature Processor! This thing HAS to be good. I mean, both his first AND last names end in “tt”! I put said speakers into a small local nightclub, with the understanding that the club would pay me the whopping sum of $100.00 each night there was a show the system was used for me to come in and operate it. I would supply things like the mixer, snake, microphones, outboard gear, and cables from my inventory of personal gear to make a nice little in-house audio rig.  

I haul the speakers a couple hundred miles from the Troy, NY wedge fest to Olyphant, PA in my Jeep, and drop them off at the club. While dropping off the speakers, the club manager tells me that he can’t provide production for the bands anymore, and that the bands would have to pay to use the stuff. Fine, it’s not about the money. I just want to check out these speakers in a real world situation.

I show up at the next date when the club has a band booked, after loading my Jeep with a mixer, cables, microphones and stands, and all the other trimmings I need to do a proper show. When I get there, I am told that for tonight’s audio, the band “has it covered”. So, I hang out to see the level of production they bring in. What they bring in is a nice little PA for a folk duo in a coffee house. Too bad this is a hard rockin’ metal band. It’s not horrible, but it’s about what I expect as far as audio quality. A heavy band rockin’ hard, with a moaning in the background that suggests vocals.

I considered setting up the rig and doing the gig gratis, but was not feeling all that charitable right about then. Besides, some friends of mine were playing across town, so I decided to go check them out. The venue has a gig booked next week, and it’s a good one. I will wait ‘till then.

The day arrives when I will finally get a chance to hear these speakers, or so I thought. The band who put this show together, like a lot of bands, promotes on MySpace, so I log on to check out the buzz. I find a notice that says:

THE BAR IS SHUT DOWN AND THE SHOW HAS BEEN MOVED TO A DIFFERENT VENUE

I call the club manager’s two phone numbers, and both are disconnected. I call the club, and get an answering machine. I call the band, and they explain that the clubs landlord has shut off all the utilities to the building, making it impossible for them to do business. The band’s only contact with the club manager is through MySpace messages.

Now I have a pile of gear that does not belong to me locked inside a building, with no way to get inside, and the gear needs to be returned in a little over a week. The club’s phone is working, and I keep leaving messages. I send a MySpace message to the club’s (ex) manager. I call local law enforcement to see if they have emergency contact information. While talking to the chief of police, (The club is in a small town) he mentions a “For Rent” sign in the window of the place. I wait around until the next Monday morning and head out to the club. The “For Rent” sign is hand written in magic marker on a piece of loose leaf paper, but there is a phone number! I call the number, which is answered by the landlord who lives in New York. I explain my situation, and the landlord refers me to his local contact person, who says he will be right over. I get in and get the stuff. I feel MUCH better now.

A couple days after I get the stuff back, the (ex) club manager calls me on the phone when I am not at home. He leaves the info for the local contact guy and an apology. He is a good guy. I feel better about the world.

*review part*
In between the time I get the gear back and when I return it, I get to use one monitor wedge one time. Damn! I really wanted to put this wedge head-to-head with a Meyer UM-1P. Instead, I use it in place of a Behringer wedge. I hook then up through an unused aux on the house console with NO EQ at all. The singer loves it, and I am a hero. My legendary local rep (yeah, right) is enhanced.
*review part*

So there you have it. I get some really nice gear, but never get to use it. I do get to drive 500 miles and load and unload my Jeep full of gear four times for no reason. I also get a couple days of mental anguish where I get to wonder if the many thousands of dollars worth of gear I have been trusted with is even still in the last place I left it.

Ahhh… The glamour of it all. Aint that the REAL reason we do this?
Dave Dermont - Chief Lizard, LAB Lounge

WARNING: Dates In Calendar May Be Closer Than They Appear

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
Re: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished - A Novel By Dave Dermont
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2006, 11:10:29 AM »

Jeez Louise. What a life!

At least the ADRs didn't end up AWOL.   Shocked

-Bink
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.