ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shipping an 18 any suggestions?  (Read 903 times)

Shaun Steele

Shipping an 18 any suggestions?
« on: March 14, 2007, 11:24:15 PM »

I need to Fed Ex a raw 18 Jbl 2241, does anyone have a source for appropriate shipping boxes, or suggestions for a different safe shipping container... Thanks

Geri O'Neil

Re: Shipping an 18 any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 11:31:59 PM »

Shaun Steele wrote on Wed, 14 March 2007 22:24

I need to Fed Ex a raw 18 Jbl 2241, does anyone have a source for appropriate shipping boxes, or suggestions for a different safe shipping container... Thanks

Seeing that you're in St. Louis, call Logic Systems and ask for the recone guy. He, or they, might have a box that you can use, with the appropriate inside packing, of course..

Geri O
"Stagelite Sound...A Pin 2 hot-compliant company"

Bob Leonard

Re: Shipping an 18 any suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 11:37:23 PM »

Oversized box (duh) and form fitting liquid foam if you can get it. If not block the back spider to keep anything from entering the back of the speaker. Use firm foam on the bottom, place the magnet on the foam cone up. Block the magnet all around with firm foam so it can not slip sideways. Use air pillows around the speaker. Cover the cone with thick box cardboard that fits the box size, 2 layers thick, cushion the top and make sure the speaker does not slide or move when the box is shut. DO NOT USE PEANUT FOAM. This has worked very well for me in the past.
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.