ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My New GB8 40  (Read 5260 times)

Brad Gibson

• http://WWW.CAPITALAPRODUCTIONS.COM
Re: My New GB8 40
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 09:00:03 PM »

Evan Kirkendall wrote on Tue, 13 February 2007 22:50

Brad Gibson wrote on Tue, 13 February 2007 17:46

A quick update.  I called my dealer to tell him what was going on and the Sound Craft factory rep happen to be in his store.  I told the rep was what going on and he did not hesitate on sending me out another mixer.  They dropped shipped it 2 day air so I could have it for my show this weekend.  

I want to commend the Sound Craft team for their great customer service.  It is great to deal with a company that cares about their customers.  Thank you for your support to the guys at Sound Craft in LA.  

Brad Gibson
Capital A Productions

1 word. SoundCraft. Razz

Evan

I mean Soundcraft. Embarassed

Tim Padrick

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 01:18:03 AM »

The shipper will undoubtedly say something like: "If a unit is to be shipped via a common carrier, it must be capable of surviving the typical handling thereof (such as being dropped off the back of a truck).  This means that the packing must be robust and absorbtive of shock, and the unit must be capable of handling severe shock without anything breaking.  If it can't handle it, pay a piano mover to transport it."

Rob Spence

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 04:57:11 PM »

So, did the new one show up? Was it in good shape?

How did the gig go?
Rob Spence
Lynx Audio Services
E-Mail Rob -at- LynxAudioServices -dot- com

Staying out of trouble
  Is easier than
Getting out of trouble

Your local Whirlwind Dealer

Brad Gibson

• http://WWW.CAPITALAPRODUCTIONS.COM
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 10:33:53 AM »

I did receive my new GB8.  It was in working order.  The box was a bit beat up but no issues inside when opened up.

The mixer was set up on monitor duty that night for The Whalers.  8 mixes and 28 channels.  I found it real easy to operate.  The group/aux swap function on the board is a great feature.  The knobs are a bit close together but this is my only complaint.  At the club I was working in, monitor land is not at side stage so I could not hear the stage, but I had no complaints from the 11 band members.  

I scored a road case from the club owner at no cost.  It was from an old Soundcraft Venue that they have had for some time.  I was ready to make some custom changes to the case, but when I got it back to the shop very little needed to be changed to make the GB8 fit perfectly.  

The GB8 will be on FOH duty this weekend for a festival on Saturday and for Web Wilder on Sunday.  I will do a short follow up after those shows.  

Thanks
Brad Gibson
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.