ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: This is a loaded question but im still curious  (Read 4246 times)

Dave Rickard

Re: This is a loaded question but im still curious
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 11:03:04 AM »

Jess Bruffett wrote on Mon, 25 September 2006 02:19

so what your sayin is going to 4 s115v tops (2 stacked ontop of eachother per side) wont make that big, if any differance over my s215v's?

If you stack two cabinets, be sure to invert the top cab to couple the HF horns.  I do this when necessary and it works for my needs.

See if you can borrow or rent a pair to try it first.  Or try stacking your two in an experimental mono stack.  Power them properly.  Securing the tops cab may be problematic.

You may be pleased.  With four matching tops, you have versatility in smaller gigs.

my two cents,
Dave
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Rob Spence

Re: This is a loaded question but im still curious
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 10:39:28 PM »

One thing to consider is to have your rig sized for most of your gigs and then for bigger ones that are not frequent, rent some racks and stacks. This way you don't have the $$ tied up in gear you don't use often and you don't need to transport it too - for the big gigs get some help to move the rental or have it delivered.
Another advantage is that the client gets good sound which increases your chances for more work.

Eventually you will need to own the bigger gear but by then you will have auditioned lots from the rental house.
Rob Spence
Lynx Audio Services
E-Mail Rob -at- LynxAudioServices -dot- com

Staying out of trouble
  Is easier than
Getting out of trouble

Your local Whirlwind Dealer
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.