ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha S2115H III  (Read 13378 times)

Robin Phelps

Yamaha S2115H III
« on: February 19, 2011, 11:06:18 AM »

Hi- I picked up some yamaha S2115H III model floor monitors. I have been cleaning them up and replacing the handles etc. They are big/heavy and loud! I can't find any info at all on these. Google doesn't have any info and Yamaha couldn't tell me about them? It seems they were made in the US down in Georgia from 1988 to 1995. They are tolex covered with the full grill and two nice logo's-one is on the grill. They are bi-ampable with 1/4" outputs/inputs. Someone has added an xlr to them but it seems to be a red/black wire going to them that is tied into the in/out panel? Anyone used them or know what speakers/horn are in them? They are all plywood and did I say HEAVY?? I was going to have them recovered but they aren't that bad now and kinda have that classic I've been used look:) Thanks for any leads on info etc.. Thanks!-Robin

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: Yamaha S2115H III
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 11:11:03 AM »

Please go to your profile and put your full name in the Name field.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Robin Phelps

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 11:27:09 AM »

Thanks- I did and am on the right track now :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 11:46:41 AM by Robin Phelps »

Darrel Hayes

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 11:52:43 AM »

I have 4 of these monster floor monitors.  They are LOUD and HEAVY.  I have used these monitors primarily for rock bands.  No complaints.  I typically run these full-range.  I tried biamping the monitors a few times but no one noticed a difference onstage.  So I just run these full-range now.  I am now in the process of recovering the cabinets and replacing the full-range jacks with NL4.  The only problem that I have found is the Yamaha diaphragms are expensive and not always available.  I replaced the drivers with Emminence and have never looked back.  I believe that the 15's are Emminence.  These have worked great in festivals and large stages.  When appearances matter more than stage volume, then I use smaller Yamaha 12's...I would not mind having another 2 if the opportunity presents itself.  The monitors may be old but do the job. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:24:19 PM by Darrel Hayes »
Darrel W. Hayes
DHA Sound & Lighting

Robin Phelps

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 12:19:46 PM »

Hi Darrel- Thanks so much for the reply! I too put new handles and some new corners where needed. They are heavy and they are loud and have the highs(horn) contol knob I mistook for a volume knob at first :).. I wanted to recover them with carpet but the sample I had was like a magnet to everything. I had the idea that the krylon plastic paint would work on the tolex. Didn't for me(still sticky in spots) and I used special prep to clean etc. The vinyl/fabric paint might work but I haven't tried that yet. I too want to change to the nL4's. They really sound great. What model diaphragms did you use? Thanks again!!-Robin

Chris Gruber

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 12:47:08 AM »

Have any pics? :D

morthnadic

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »

I've had my pair for ten years. They came with 2# main speakers and a mixer for $500. Almost every performer compliments them, and I gotta say I love them. To my understanding, they were made in 1976. The horn driver is a Yamaha JA-4208. I don't think they came to me with the original low transducers. Any info would be appreciated. There's not much info out there on them. Does anyone know how many continuous watts I can feed the H.F. driver? thanks!

Patrick Tracy

• SR Forums
  • Boulder, CO, USA
    • Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »

I don't think they came to me with the original low transducers. Any info would be appreciated. There's not much info out there on them. Does anyone know how many continuous watts I can feed the H.F. driver? thanks!

I had a pair of S4115H II speakers. I believe the low drivers were original. They had white cones like NS10s. I bet the original woofers in the S2115H III were also Yamaha white.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.