ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Reinforcment for Student Areas (Youth Rooms)  (Read 2192 times)

Zach Brady

Sound Reinforcment for Student Areas (Youth Rooms)
« on: October 15, 2004, 11:58:38 AM »

Hello all this is Zach. I read the post often and periodically post as well. As a youth my self 16 years of age I am young but I have a rather large experience in technical things mostly audio,but i thought i would write a post about audio in youth areas. I am a intern to the technical department @ Biltmore Baptist Church in Asheville,NC with about 4,300 on average sunday morning worship attendance. I work with a youth ministry of about 400 kids. Most youth areas are not that large but here are some basics i have found true everywhere.

1. they are youth so design a system that can be run relatively easily low matience but yet powerful enough to do what is desired

2. in this process evaluate what current technical team the student ministries have established just youth?, adults and youth? consists of interns and youth?(like myself)Will they need proper training and lessons in basic sound reinforcment

3.Most youth programs have a band or bands paying for their worship services so evaluate acoustics in building of your platform and room

4. Stress the importance of maintaining the equipment and keeping a good sound quality. Dont scare aware your techs
by discouraging them through yelling @ them. Make them feel responsible for that system the componets and the care of them

wellthis has been fun i hope this will help someone out
hey i could use some advice so post your thought i would greatly appreciate it

brother in Christ,
Zach

andrew gissing

• http://www.stylusra.com.au
Re: Sound Reinforcment for Student Areas (Youth Rooms)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 08:21:54 PM »

Hey ! Great to see you're involved.

Looks like you've got a good grasp on foundations. When I was 16 I didn't even know what a mixing desk was !

Too often youth is not even an after thought. More like, oh - just put whatever in there. Or they get the main system components when they are retired from that duty.

Building people up - youth or adults - cannot be done by yelling at people. Trainers usually need a little more patience with youth, but i've found that i've been rewarded more by seeing young people latch on than older. There is a real enthusiasm that comes with youth that somehow disappears sometime in adulthood.

Best wishes,

Andrew
Perth Western Australia

Bob Currier

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 08:21:54 PM »

Zach,

Good to have some young guys like you around.  Who else will pick up the slack when us old grey beards finally go completely senile?

I serve as the technical director (volunteer) for our youth program (about 60 in sixth grade, 125 in junior high, about 250 in high school).  Each segment has their own worship team and tech team.  So, on any Sunday, we've got a bunch of young folks involved on both sides of the mic.

I think you've got a lot of great points.  Another piece of advice for young guys: listen to those old guys.  Maybe they don't like POD cranked to 10, but they've been around.  Be patient with their long-winded stories.  They have a point (usually).

Keep hanging around.

--bc

Zach Brady

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 03:05:09 PM »

Dear,Bob

Thanks for that i was begging to think that non one was out there but i have had acouple of responses so i am happy for a newbie. Thanks for taking me serious , since i was . i hope you are doin well and hope everyone is grand out there in audio land
Check out my latest post on compressors u might have a long winded story! Laughing  just kidding
later

In Christ,
Zach

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 03:05:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.