ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down

Author Topic: APB Dynasonics Spectra-T - Show Report  (Read 199944 times)

ThomasDameron

Re: APB Dynasonics Spectra-T - Field Report
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2010, 05:20:12 PM »

+1

I'd take a serious look at some kind of Apb parametric.  I would be more likely to use it as a group insert for lav mics or podiums.  

Some things I'd like to see would be:
-the much beloved high pass filter.  Based on how it's made it's way on all of your other products I doubt that'll be a hard sell.
-at least 4 bands of fully parametric eq.  
-I like for all bands to have some facility for 20-20k operation. I'd prefer only one range selection button.  I bet you guys can come up with a better UI on this than me.
-Xlr and trx i/o since I would use it with single point inserts and consoles with varied output connectors.

While you're at it, I'd love to see you guys enter the fray with Midas and Cadac in the 2 channel strip department.  Don't forget to release that monitor console too.  Come on guys, get on with it!

thomas d.

Tom Young

« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2010, 05:51:27 PM »

Quote:

Some things I'd like to see would be:
-the much beloved high pass filter. Based on how it's made it's way on all of your other products I doubt that'll be a hard sell.
-at least 4 bands of fully parametric eq.
-I like for all bands to have some facility for 20-20k operation. I'd prefer only one range selection button. I bet you guys can come up with a better UI on this than me.
-Xlr and trx i/o since I would use it with single point inserts and consoles with varied output connectors.

While you're at it, I'd love to see you guys enter the fray with Midas and Cadac in the 2 channel strip department. Don't forget to release that monitor console too. Come on guys, get on with it!

Five bands is not too much more those pesky, doomed to fail mic applications. Like a soft-spoken talker, with a lavalier, who roves in and out of in front of the left or right mains or front fills (those rat bastards !).

And make the HPF variable up to perhaps 400Hz and with a steep slope. 18dB per octave is much more effective than 1st and 2nd order. 24dB might be pushing the (pot) cost. But it'd be appreciated Twisted Evil
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

Jordan Wolf

• http://www.facebook.com/howlingwolf487
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2010, 12:06:18 AM »

Chuck,

How about a piece of kit similar to a Midas XL42 or a KT DN405/410 PEQ?  I'm sure some people would jump on that...
Wolf
<><

"A lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
- Me

"With that much comb filtering you could probably part your hair just by walking through the room." - Dick Rees

Chuck Augustowski

« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2010, 10:24:42 AM »

I think the first thing our engineers will have to do is design the device that will enable the day to last 28 Hours or longer.  They are currently preparing ProDesk-8 to start full production (Beta units are currently in the field) and we hope that most ProSpec products introduced at Infocomm will begin shipping by the end of this year.  And there are other projects.

But the new ProSpec chassis system is well developed by Olga, so these requests may not be that far out for we to do, but in the growing land of digital, would anyone really want to buy any new  analog EQ's and these other suggested devices to the levels necessary to make it profitable to a manufacturer like APB?

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

Franz Francis

« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2010, 10:49:47 AM »

Will APB join the digital train anytime soon?

Franz

Chuck Augustowski

« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2010, 11:08:50 AM »

Everyone will eventually join but the question is when and how.   But regardless, we will NOT leave analog behind and we do feel analog has not yet reached its full potential.  

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

Ales Dravinec 'Alex'

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2010, 12:25:35 PM »

Chuck Augustowski wrote on Tue, 21 September 2010 17:08

Everyone will eventually join but the question is when and how.   But regardless, we will NOT leave analog behind and we do feel analog has not yet reached its full potential.  

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

... For a second I thought underlined text is a link ... Wink
Ales Dravinec
R&D manager, owner
ADRaudio
Slovenia

'There's no replacement for displacement' Carroll Shelby (Jim Bowersox, Tim McCulloch)
'Put speakers up in the air, where they belong' Bill Hanley

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »

Chuck Augustowski wrote on Tue, 21 September 2010 10:08

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

When you finally introduce the APB Digital Mixer, I suspect it will not only sound stellar but be an ergonomic joy to use, with a rational and intuitive UI.

I'd love to be a beta tester when this happens.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

ps.  Olga is one of the unsung wizards of APB.  It was a treat to meet her at the NYC Sub Shootout in '07.
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Paul Bell

• http://pbellsound.com/
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2010, 10:45:11 PM »

Tim McCulloch wrote on Tue, 21 September 2010 12:53

ps.  Olga is one of the unsung wizards of APB.  It was a treat to meet her at the NYC Sub Shootout in '07.

Has it been three years already?
Paul Bell
PBell Sound New York City
paulATpbellsound.com
User/provider for:
McCauley, BASSMAXX, APB DynaSonics, QSC, Ashly, DBX, Rane Digital, Rapco, Faital Pro

Jeff Wheeler

« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2010, 03:56:47 AM »

Chuck Augustowski wrote on Tue, 21 September 2010 09:24

in the growing land of digital, would anyone really want to buy any new  analog EQ's and these other suggested devices to the levels necessary to make it profitable to a manufacturer like APB?

Rane recently discontinued their PEQ55, which was really a digital product with almost all the features mentioned here, that happened to look like an analog device.  You can still buy them from some dealers, but I am pretty sure they aren't manufacturing any more.
Jeff Wheeler, wannabe sound guy / moonlight DJ
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.