ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: APB Dynasonics Spectra-T - Show Report  (Read 199995 times)

Phil LaDue

Re: APB Dynasonics Spectra-T - Show Report
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2008, 12:06:06 PM »

Jamie Taylor wrote on Thu, 14 February 2008 08:04

Keagan:

They've been in Australia for ages now.  The great dudes at Production Audio are the distributors.
cough..http://www.productionaudio.com.au/apbdynasonics.html

Chuck Augustowski

Re: APB Dynasonics Spectra-T - Show Report
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2009, 06:39:33 AM »

Here is a link to see these connectors in use with a Spectra-Expander:

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/43986/0/

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSOnics

bo putnam

Re: Spectra in PAR
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2009, 09:47:49 PM »

Steve Payne wrote on Sat, 24 March 2007 08:17

This is the first "Ti" to roll out of  New Jersey.  Notice, I didn't say "China".  Cool

And it's sweet.

Here's a pic of Steve with one of his most recent recruits - Soundworks is THAT busy!   Laughing (btw - she's headed to one of my money faders!!  Shocked )

index.php/fa/22719/0/

If you ever get a chance to work with Steve and his talented crew, you are lucky indeed,  It is pure fun.  Pro.   Cool

Thanks again, Steve to you, Grant and the rest of the great Friday Cheers 2009 crew.  It was one of our high-points, and even tho early in the season, will definately remain so!  
bo

SOUNDsupport

<font size="1">oops - wrong door...</font>

Steve Payne

• http://soundworksva.com
APB Dynasonics Spectra-T - Field Report
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2009, 02:28:19 PM »

I got an email from a friend and fellow sound guy that I hadn't talked with in a while.
One of the things he inquired about was how the APB was holding up and how rider acceptance has been, etc.  It got me to thinking that maybe an update, or sort of field report if you will, might be of interest to a segment of the LAB readership.
 First off, I can't be believe that I have just wrapped up my third season on the Spectra.  Time flies when your having fun.  It remains the favorite console in our shop.  As I have said before, it is just simply a joy to mix on.  It is fast, easy and intuitive. There is excellent audible correlation with any control movement.  It just plain rocks.
 Now then, on to the field report update as it were.  We have just completed our third busy season with the console.  Without counting the dates on my calendar I would guess we have logged 100+ dates.  90% of these have been outdoor festival type dates with multiple acts and frequent inclement weather.  We have probably had 200 +/- BEs
use the Spectra. We have not had ONE engineer behind the Spectra that did not like it.
The Spectra has held it's own as being an acceptable substitute for one offs that are spec-ing top tier analog desks on their riders.  This was my main hope for this console and it has passed this test with flying colors.  
 Regards, how it is holding up.  In short, it is built like a tank. Structurally and mechanically this thing is solid as a rock.  Silkscreening et al still looks perfect.  When I take the time to wipe the road scum off it every now and then it shines like new.  The faders all kind of lost their "silky smooth" feel after about a month's worth of use and just felt "smooth".  They have been living happily in the "smooth" realm for nearly three years with no sign of degradation.  Pots and switches all feel pretty much like new.  In a nutshell,  the console as a whole feels pretty much as solid and positive as the day we took delivery.  
 A new product as complex as a large frame analog console can't be expected not to have a few teething pains. My romance with the Spectra hasn't been without a couple of little spats.  Early on I had an issue in the Master Section.  It's been so long ago now that I can't remember exactly what it was-sorry.  Something wasn't assigning somewhere like it should.
Also, I had an issue with a couple of input channels buzzing intermittently  when the console was about a year old.  Switching phantom power on and off on the channel would cure things in the short term at the gig.  I think they determined that problem was the result of a faulty ribbon connector.  The important thing is that the few issues I have experienced have been minor and isolated -AND-most importantly that there support has been terrific.  JP has been readily available by phone in both instances to help me trouble shoot the gremlins.  Also, in both instances, the repair solution was simply to send me an advance replacement of the entire module where the problem resided.  The result was that each of my problems was solved and my console returned to 100% in about 48 hours.  I couldn't be happier with the way these support issues have been handled.
 So, there's my story and I'm sticking to it.  3 years and 100 dates into the Spectra and it's all thumbs up.  
 Happy mixing.
steve

"My favorite things turn money into noise"

"Too much power is just right", - Carroll Shelby

Davide_Bonetti

Re: APB Dynasonics Spectra-T - Field Report
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2010, 02:26:36 PM »

dear friends, I do not partecipate as much as I read these forums, and I wanna tell everybody that my Spectra 32Ti is on its way from England  Very Happy  (got a great deal with former APB distributor).

I was looking for an analog board to replace my GL4000 which was starting to show its 13 years... I decided to get this Spectra solely based on what I have read here and around.

this was sort of diving with no parachute... I have never seen this console for real and I suspect mine could be the first one entering Italy.

however, I have great faith in Spectra, at least it has all the features I was looking for.

will report back when the baby arrives.

Davide_Bonetti

« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2010, 03:28:10 PM »

here it comes!

arrived by truck this morning and immediately got its fan-out in the doghouse, which I made myself some days ago. I also put a powercon in/out on doghouse sides.

the console looks pretty new, and the case is almost new.

first show is friday night, at the moment I only checked some channels with a cd player and headphones.

sorry for the pictures on rapidshare but don't know how to share 6 megabytes...

http://rapidshare.com/files/344975782/Spectra_ITALY.zip.html

Davide_Bonetti

« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2010, 10:38:21 PM »

so... I am home right now from the first Spectra gig, and I can say that I am satisfied!

there is a coverband of friends that live nearby, we made something like 60 gigs together last year, so I really know how I want it to sound in front of the PA. PA is always the same, mics are always the same, instruments, etc. everything the same Smile

let's say I made 45 gigs out of 60 with the GL4000, and 15 with the Verona.

well, I found tonite to the best chance for the first Spectra performance.

the first word that comes out to describe the Spectra is "warm".

the overall sound was certainly louder and warmer if comparing to the GL4000, and also "different" if comparing to the Verona. please consider that I state the Verona as SLIGHTLY louder and certainly better sounding over the GL4000.

I found the Spectra EQ to be much more responsive than the GL4000, as the Verona is too, but I also found myself to use less EQ on the Spectra in general, because every channel was basically sounding good even with flat EQ.

VCAs are really cool! I never had a VCA console before... it is very confortable to actually forget about channel faders and mix the whole show with the central section only of the console! I just had the bass DI and lead vox out of VCAs, because of already single fader subsections.

I am happy of my purchase and can't wait to mix the next gig with the Spectra to further test it, both again with my coverband friends and other bands.

the only bad thing about tonight was that we forgot the Verona tilt so we had to put the Spectra onto a big table... it is heavy to lift even if 32 channels. the Verona 40 is something more but we always use the tilt. we won't forget anymore!

more to come...

Franz Francis

« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2010, 09:40:30 AM »

Would love to see them come out with a single or dual channel five (5) band paramatric equalizer for FOH which is just as musical as their consoles.

Franz

Chuck Augustowski

« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2010, 11:50:32 AM »

Are you suggesting a stand along rack-mount unit or a console model that includes the suggested output EQ?

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

Franz Francis

« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2010, 01:29:21 PM »

Correct Chuck, I am refering to a stand along rack mounted unit.

I've come accross a few pros who don't like the limitation of ISO filters in  graphic equalizers for front of house EQ.

Probably a high & low shelf option in there as well.

Almost forgot, I love the transparency of the Spectra T 56 :}:} I think it’s the only one in my location.

Franz
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.