ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: questions about dead speakers  (Read 902 times)

josh-emerson

questions about dead speakers
« on: January 23, 2006, 07:25:04 AM »

I’m about to start crying. Over the weekend I somehow blew 3 jbl 2206h speakers in my system. The boxes they were in are the old SR4732a series. I’m not really for sure how they blew, I have an idea that I may have been my Mackie. The board is an old 24 channel vlz, probably one of the first ever made. The master fader developed an insanely loud totally random crackle. But the weird thing is that it didn’t hurt any other speakers.
So I have a couple of questions first can these speakers be fixed? Or do I just have to buy new ones? At $300 each I’m really hoping they can be fixed…..
Second what the optimal power to feed these things, jbl uses a “continuous pink noise rating”, but no RMS.

Thanks for any feedback.

edit: the Mackie got retired yesterday.

John Halliburton

Re: questions about dead speakers
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 09:30:38 AM »

Goggle the phrase:  "Speaker reconing"

Since you're using some of the more popular components in the world, finding a reconing service for them should be relatively easy.  It's a common practice.
Finding someone locally to you would be nice, as it saves on shipping costs. Perhaps if you revealed your location, someone could offer specific recommendations.
And find someone to clean or replace that crackling fader in the Mackie-it may or may not have been the reason your speakers blew, but it's like someone dragging their fingernails on a chaulkboard when it "crackles"   Crying or Very Sad

Best regards,

John Halliburton
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.