ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delay Settings for Mid Hi Fill.. and other things  (Read 4246 times)

Steve Burak

Delay Settings for Mid Hi Fill.. and other things
« on: February 10, 2006, 04:41:55 AM »

Hey all...

Im running some EV Manifolds cabinets with 8 labs, Clusters of 4 per side. I have to say i havent read Thu all the posts, so sorry if this has been brought up.

I have 8 Labs, 6 EV double 15 Manifold Cabs / 2 Double 18M's / and 2 Ev MTL4's (18's) / and 8 (not that i need all Cool Custom Mid high Cabs (each with 3 15" Eminence Mids, front loaded, and a PD 2" (& something) Coaxial Horn).

The EV stuff is mine, the Labs and custom mid hi's are rentals. (Thanks Jer) My question is, what is your advice on running a driverack (260) on this system?

My plan is 4 LABS/2 EV Manifold 15's/custon MidHi Cabs a side.

How much should i delay the Manifold 15's and the MidHi's?
Crossover Points For the Mid Bass Fill? The Mid-hi?

Do manifold bins tie-in well with the labs at all?

Would you recommend a different combination of Cabinets to achieve a better overall system? (with what I listed above)

I am running all QSC power (except Crown K2's on the horns).
The Labs get 1 QSC PL4.0 per 2, i have 4, and i have 8 QSC 2402's to work with.

So, im basically looking for opinions on what you think the best overall system would be using this gear, and how one would program the driverack to run it all...

Thanks in advance.. I love that there's a place where i can ask questions like this!!

Steve

Gary Perrett

Re: Delay Settings for Mid Hi Fill.. and other things
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 01:33:42 PM »

Hi
I have Labs, and with Yorkville elite 2204's. I ended up @ about 18 ms.  wasn't exactly sure why till I found out a L/R 24 (which I use on sub HPF, and lo mid LPF)has about 7.5 ms of latency.

Not sure which "manifold" speaker you are refering to. I have the S181's and I don't find I usually need to delay for them...

The L/R 24 works well for me. Perhaps a trip to the DBX DRUG group would net you some info. I hang there...
Be well
Gary (gadget
We the few who have done so much, for so long, with so little, now feel we can do everything with nothing...

Steve Burak

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 02:57:15 PM »

Thanks Gary,

I think your right i may have more luck at the DBX forums.

its hard to find pictures of the dual Manifold's EV dosent have them on their website. this is the MTL 4b (Quad 18)

http://ccslightsound.com.au/cimimages/secondhand/SH_EVmanifo ld.jpg

and this is the design of the Double 15 or 18" version

http://www.maxximum.ch/packs/img/mtl2.jpg

Im curious to see how they work with the Labs.. 2 very different designs. i guss there's nothing like a little trial and error!

Gary Perrett

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 07:26:25 PM »

I guess I would probably run the labs to about 50-60 hz the MTL's from there to 150 hz or so then there up? I don't know, try all the different combinations... I just got tired of hauling all that crap around... Mad  quad ampinfg and all...  Confused my dual 15" Yorkies get down to the labs just fine... Cool

Come on over tto the DRUG, its easier to keep track of things there..
G
We the few who have done so much, for so long, with so little, now feel we can do everything with nothing...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.