ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: EWI Cases  (Read 36524 times)

Ken Barlow

Re: EWI Cases
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 03:18:14 PM »

I have been a fan of Mark and Liz for many years. I have ordered many snakes, connectors, DI's, cables and recently bought their top of the line mic case. One poster said it smells a little funny but I just attributed to that "new mic case smell". It's not unpleasant, just different. The build quality vs. price is unbeatable. I bought this case shipped to my house for around what Sweetwater would want for a SKB 12 hole mic case. I continue to recommend www.audiopile.net to everyone I know due to quality and most importantly, customer service
Ken

.index.php/fa/33285/0/
If it wasn't for the long hours and low pay, I would have gotten outta this business years ago.

Ken Barlow

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 04:47:44 PM »

Bennett Prescott wrote on Thu, 07 October 2010 12:53

That photo link doesn't work any more. I think these are what it was supposed to point to, though:

http://www.campuspa.com/images/images/Desktop.html

Bennett,

How is the weight distribution on that 4 drawer case? Does it want to fall forward when you open 1 too many drawers?

Ken
If it wasn't for the long hours and low pay, I would have gotten outta this business years ago.

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2010, 05:06:53 PM »

Ken Barlow wrote on Mon, 25 October 2010 16:47

How is the weight distribution on that 4 drawer case? Does it want to fall forward when you open 1 too many drawers?

Yep, some care is required. I don't know if there is a new version, but the drawer close detents on mine could use an order of magnitude more force.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Dick Rees

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2010, 08:24:21 PM »

Ken Barlow wrote on Mon, 25 October 2010 15:47

Bennett Prescott wrote on Thu, 07 October 2010 12:53

That photo link doesn't work any more. I think these are what it was supposed to point to, though:

http://www.campuspa.com/images/images/Desktop.html

Bennett,

Ken

I purchased the four drawer work box.  The original caster board placed the front wheels under the case itself, slightly abaft of the door.  This led to tipping with more than one drawer out, so I made a new board with the front casters as far forward as possible without obtruding.  This fixed the problem completely.  I phoned in to M & L with my report and at the time they indicated that a design change was already in the works.  I don't know if it has been implemented, but the DIY caster-board swap took all of about half an hour.

DR
 Neo-Luddite, Rocket Surgeon
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Philip Roberts

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2010, 08:52:03 PM »

Dick Rees wrote on Mon, 25 October 2010 20:24

I purchased the four drawer work box.  The original caster board placed the front wheels under the case itself, slightly abaft of the door.  This led to tipping with more than one drawer out, so I made a new board with the front casters as far forward as possible without obtruding.  This fixed the problem completely.  I phoned in to M & L with my report and at the time they indicated that a design change was already in the works.  I don't know if it has been implemented, but the DIY caster-board swap took all of about half an hour.

I think this fix has been made. I bought a pair of the work boxes 6-9 months ago and the caster board sticks out beyond the front of the drawers by 2-3". It looks like the pictures on the web site have been updated to show this also. Of course with the longer caster board the bottom drawer some times catches on the edge of the caster board.

Also +1 on needing heavier drawer closed detents.

Despite these quibbles I still really like the Audiopile products and am even considering a third work box.
Philip Roberts
Director of Media Engineering
Pioneer Memorial Seventh Day Adventist Church
Berrien Springs MI
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.