ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem w/ Soundcraft LX7II 32ch  (Read 2308 times)

Adam Kane

Problem w/ Soundcraft LX7II 32ch
« on: November 14, 2005, 09:09:18 AM »

We installed one of these in a church about 9 months ago.  One of the channels (#3) will all of the sudden not unmute.  The light stays on after the button is pushed and no audio is passed through on that channel.  Once in a while, if you leave it alone for an hour or so it will eventually unmute itself.  Anyone ever seen this or know of a quick fix??  My main concern is that other channels may begin doing this.

Even though I'm sure it's not gonna happen, I was hoping to be able to fix this without tearing it out of the booth...they (church handymen) built the booth area around the mixer so it will involve a lot of work to get it out and a new one (or the same one) back in.  Anywho...

Thanks for the help.

Carey Davies

• http://www.allen-heath.com
Re: Problem w/ Soundcraft LX7II 32ch
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 10:17:48 AM »

One thought... When you release the switch to unmute the channel does it return all the way up? Check that nothing is restricting its travel, and that its switching action is good mechanically.

Have you tried contacting Soundcraft?
Regards,
Carey

Adam Kane

Re: Problem w/ Soundcraft LX7II 32ch
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 04:13:30 PM »

Carey,

Thanks for the reply...sorry I took so long to get back...we've been busy moving our business.

Nothing is restricting the travel of the buttons.  Since the original post, 6 more channels have begun doing the same thing.  I called the Soundcraft rep...they have a new one coming so problem solved.

Thanks again

Craig Leerman

• http://www.techworksvegas.com
Name
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 02:24:16 PM »

You need to use your real First and Last name as your handle to post here on the forum. Please go to your profile and change your alias to include both first and last name.

Thank you
Craig Leerman
Forum Moderator
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.