ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Favorite" controller  (Read 6547 times)

Kurt Hansen

Re: "Favorite" controller
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2005, 07:28:42 PM »

I saw he fingers expansion wing & got pretty excited, but for about $1300 for lightjockey, about $1250 for the fingers controller, and probably $1000 - $1200 for the laptop, I'm still at about $3500 - $4000.

I'm still having visualizer troubles.

Kurt Hansen

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2005, 06:27:13 AM »

Any concerns about the road worthiness of a laptopw/extental connections?  Most of what I've seen in that arena (no pun intended) is designed for the business traveller who rarely anything but power and modem or LAN cable.  The connectors & cables seem kind of flimsy.  I'm concerned that after a few dozen (100+) cycles I'll have a problem w/the laptop connectors.

Jordan P.C. O'Neil

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 04:46:16 PM »

If you were going to use it full time, you would build the notebook and accessories into a case, thus avoiding the connection/reconnection. A good notebook case will be foam padded to absorb harmful vibrations from loud music; filtered, ducted supply to the air inlets (fan forced in warm environments)power supply built in with an IEC connector, and in the case of a Martin Lightjockey, space and mounting for your secondary monitor. Also, your system will have a clean windows install with NOTHING but the controller software on it.
The end result will be a bulletproof, reliable and stable system. Realistically, for the cost of a fully equipped Lightjockey, youu couldn't get another system with close to half the features.

Luc Buytaert

• http://www.avl.be
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 12:09:06 AM »

Take your Laptop and monitors in a flightcase togehter with the Chamsys PC Wing and you have the most advanced system, for a very low price !

Best regards,

Luc

len woelfel

• http://www.party-chicago.com/rentals/rentals.html
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2005, 11:45:32 AM »

Never_grew_up wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 05:27

Any concerns about the road worthiness of a laptopw/extental connections?  Most of what I've seen in that arena (no pun intended) is designed for the business traveller who rarely anything but power and modem or LAN cable.  The connectors & cables seem kind of flimsy.  I'm concerned that after a few dozen (100+) cycles I'll have a problem w/the laptop connectors.

USB are so cheap that they're disposable.  I usually have 5 - 10 extra.  For fingers, I use a usb to serial, and I carry 5 of those, 1 for fingers, 1 for the touchscreen, and 3 spares, just in case.

What visualizer problems are you having?  I'd suggest installing a new version of LJ 2.6.9, in a new directory.  Then creating new fixtures and then copying over sequences and cues.  2.6.9 has the newest MSD, which is very cool.  

Kurt Hansen

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2005, 02:15:29 PM »

In the case of LightJockey, I've downloaded 2.6.10.  Visualizer problems I'm have w/LJ are:
I can't figure out how to add objects & place them in a specific location.  I've added fixtures but in the visualizer I can't find them.

There doesn't seem to be much (any?) in the way of a library of 3d items - drumkits, people, keyboards, platforms, etc.

len woelfel

• http://www.party-chicago.com/rentals/rentals.html
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2005, 09:43:11 PM »

Never_grew_up wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 13:15

In the case of LightJockey, I've downloaded 2.6.10.  Visualizer problems I'm have w/LJ are:
I can't figure out how to add objects & place them in a specific location.  I've added fixtures but in the visualizer I can't find them.

There doesn't seem to be much (any?) in the way of a library of 3d items - drumkits, people, keyboards, platforms, etc.

1.  To get fixtures to show in a visualizer, click on "read fixturelist" in one of the menus to the right.  I find it easier to turn on one or two fixtures before moving them.  Makes it easier.  To move them, use one of the 2-d views, hold your alt key down, and drag the fixture to the correct location.  Using a 2-d view, you'll get some crosshairs which will help you line it up.  If you need to change the orientation of a fixture, hit alt + enter.

2.  other scenic elements aren't part of the msd version that's included with LJ.  It's more a demo or basic version.  However, if you go to the Martin forum and describe your needs, someone will make you a scene.  It may take a few days, but it can be done.  I wouldn't ask for different stuff every week, but once in a while is fine.  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 17 queries.