ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PC or mac?  (Read 2475 times)

BobEddie

PC or mac?
« on: June 21, 2005, 06:43:47 AM »

I dont know if you guys talk about comps here, but i been trying to figure out what computer to get just for home studio. oh and for cheap. If i had the money ide go a g5. But i dont. So wanna give me your 2 cents. Im going to run logic or pro tools not sure on that either. thanks.

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: PC or mac? - try recording forums
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 08:40:38 AM »

This is a live audio forum. There is also a recording forum here at PSW where where you are more likely to get someone with experience with those systems to answer your question. On the left side of this page try R/E/P forums.

Mac

jamaurik

Re: PC or mac?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 10:51:26 AM »

Well BobEddie, you kind of aswered your own question, If you don't have the money for a G5 and your planning in have a decent home studio, you'll have to go for PCs, I have built great PCs for under $1500. Still, you have a lot more money to expend besides the computer, e.g. mixer, speaker monitors, software and you better check, and check again for system requierements and compatibilities, and once you are done doing that, do it again, or you 'll end up with not so cheap hardware/software that won't be able to use. PCs are more compatible with a lot of stuff, for Mac you really have to be carefull. in any case, you won't expend less than $3000 when you're done.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.