ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: INEXPERIENCED SOUND MAN NEED HELP IN SETTING UP SYSTEM  (Read 3226 times)

mitchelldean

INEXPERIENCED SOUND MAN NEED HELP IN SETTING UP SYSTEM
« on: May 09, 2005, 04:01:11 PM »

Here is the equipment that I have.

1) Drive Rack PA
2) JBL Mpro 415's
3) JBL 255S (Dual 15") Subwoofers
4) QSC PLX-3402
5) QSC RMX-2450
6) two pair of 50' speakon 14guage speaker wire
7) Allen&Heath GL-2200 424

My question is: What is the most efficient way to configure my equipment. I will attempt to provide sound in venues for crowds that number no more than 500. Can I do it with this equipment. I will be using Mackie SRM 450's as floor monitors and Bose 802s as side fill. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
Re: INEXPERIENCED SOUND MAN NEED HELP IN SETTING UP SYSTEM
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 06:04:55 PM »

Ok, here is my idea:

Top power: QSC RMX2450. That will give each speaker 500 watts, their program power.

Subs: The PLX amp. That will give each sub 1100watts, 100w over the program power.

That is probably the best way to do it, and it will get your stuff the most power. Dont bridge either amp, run them stereo.

Of course you would have the A&H go to the DR and the DR to amps and the amps to speakers. I have no experience with the Driverack so I cant help you there.

You will probably be able to do 500 people, but it will be a little light. You just wont have a ton of bass. Remember to high pass the tops, probably at 100hz.

Hope this helps.
Not all change is good change.

Tom Reid

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 06:38:50 PM »

Harford Sound wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 17:04

Ok, here is my idea:

Top power: QSC RMX2450. That will give each speaker 500 watts, their program power.

Subs: The PLX amp. That will give each sub 1100watts, 100w over the program power.

That is probably the best way to do it, and it will get your stuff the most power. Dont bridge either amp, run them stereo.

Of course you would have the A&H go to the DR and the DR to amps and the amps to speakers. I have no experience with the Driverack so I cant help you there.

You will probably be able to do 500 people, but it will be a little light. You just wont have a ton of bass. Remember to high pass the tops, probably at 100hz.

Hope this helps.

Those MP's will take some power.
1400w peak.  Why not bridge the amp run 4 ohm, and give the tops 1200 each?  That's about as loud as he can get the tops.

Still the low end isn't going to cover the pair of MP's.
you're right, unless he buys more power.
tom

What does Buddha do on his day off?

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 06:47:12 PM »

Quote:

1400w peak. Why not bridge the amp run 4 ohm, and give the tops 1200 each? That's about as loud as he can get the tops.

"INEXPERIENCED SOUND MAN" kinda makes me think its better not to give them that muvh power. But, I didnt realize that the MP's could take that much power. I thought they were 500w program.
Not all change is good change.

Brian Adams

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 04:18:09 AM »

The JBL site says those are 350w speakers, 1400w peak, which I'm going to take as 350w "continuous", 700w "program", and 1400w "flaming voice coil rocketing across the room".

500w sounds like a fairly good size amp for those speakers, but I wouldn't recommend going any bigger.  Even that amp will be too much if you're not careful.

And I would definitely recommend NOT bridging an RMX 2450 into them.  That is, not unless you want to see what the inside of a recone shop looks like. Wink

AND, that system won't do 500 people.  Not at "rock" level, anyway.  "Light jazz" level, possibly.  It could do rock for maybe 200 people in a good room, but even that might be a stretch.  It's still just a couple of average sized speakers per side, and 500 is a whole lot of people for a small system.  500 people take up a lot of space...

I'm guessing this system will sound pretty decent though, assuming it's set up right.
B.

Norbert Ruf

• http://www.laolu.faithweb.com
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 09:47:38 PM »

Have you run this system anywhere before? How big is (was) the venue?
And
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.