ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CGM Speakers  (Read 9347 times)

Garth

CGM Speakers
« on: November 04, 2004, 04:20:32 PM »

Has anyone used CGM speakers with any success? They are relatively inexpensive. I'm looking particularly at the dual 18" sub, but any experiences at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

Adam Kane

Re: CGM Speakers
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 02:20:11 PM »

I've never used their subs, but I've seen several of their stage monitors and 15 & horn boxes in for repair with blown drivers.  The cabinet build seems to be a little shoddy from what I've seen.

They sounded ok for the price.  I wouldn't use them for large outdoor shows or important club gigs.

Fred Garrett

Re: CGM Speakers
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 10:54:46 AM »

I used a set of the 12" wedges for several years in my small club/Frat house rig.  For the money, I think they are good boxes.  They sounded better than a lot of wedges costing twice as much and they were light weight (a consideration when doing Frat basements on a regular basis with no one to help you load in or out).  They would not do any low end at all (but very few single 12" wedges do that anyway), but they had enough output for small club work.  We had very few issues with them, though we did replace a HF driver here and there (but I didn't see a rate of replacement that I thought was out of the ordinary)  Overall, I liked them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 20 queries.