ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questionable setup at last concert I went to....  (Read 1973 times)

Eric Wong!

Questionable setup at last concert I went to....
« on: July 22, 2004, 11:02:45 AM »

I went to a country concert last saturday at the local military base.  I couldnt tell what FOH was but the delay stacks were  JBL HLA series powered by Crest amps.  The show was fairly large, outdoors, FOH looked like 5 speakers wide x 4 speakers tall, one stack on each side of the stage, no center stack.  Anyhow- the subs were on either side of the stage.  Looked like they were 4 boxes (either horn or 2 x 18) on stacked vertically.  The comb filtering was really OBVIOUS and bad in the bass.  There was the power alley that was directly behind the lighting/main control tower and immediately to the outside of that area was the null. I managed to push my way to the front of the audience area during the transition and saw that there was NOTHING underneath the stage.  Wondering why they didnt stuff the woofers down there.  

Another thing, this field was more alot wide then it was deep, but the delay stacks were setup as if the field was deep then wide.  That way the guys at the beer tents ($16 a pitcher btw) were gettin blasted away, but at the wider areas of the field the sound was barely loud and all I heard was the uneven bass.  The delay stacks could have definately filled in out there.  
I'm no pro audio expert but dang the power alley was painful.  Just like to share.    
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.