ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: marking whole threads as "read"  (Read 2756 times)

Tim McCulloch

marking whole threads as "read"
« on: July 12, 2004, 03:29:23 PM »

Hi Ernie-

IIRC, one of the features of the FUD board was the ability to mark a threak as being read without actually haveing to load each message in the thread.  Is this really possible?  I can't seem to find a link to such a function.

There are threads that show up from time to time that I'd like to conveniently ignore with this... or any other way.  Is there a solution that I'm overlooking (which is likely....)?

Tim Mc

p.s., I'd love to find a way to mark a thread as "ignore" and keep it from rising to the top of the message page when it has no interest to me...
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Ernie Black

• SR Forums
    • http://www.standingstone.com
Re: marking whole threads as "read"
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 07:59:44 AM »

Hi Tim,

It's easy, really. On the topic listing page of a forum (the "top" page of a given forum like LAB Lounge or this Test Forum, for instance), at the bottom is a link to "mark all unread forum messages read". Click that, and all the messages will be marked as read. However, there's no way to prevent topics from rising up the list as new posts are added to a topic (thread); this is a function of the forums to keep the newest, freshest posts at the top.
Ernie Black, Code Warrior
ProSoundWeb Forums Webmaster
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.