ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: South of the Border...  (Read 1037 times)

Mike Pyle

South of the Border...
« on: May 15, 2004, 03:26:09 PM »

I'm in northern California. One of my clients is planning a couple of weekend ballroom type events in Cancun and Cosumel. They want me to provide sound if it is at all practical. I am wondering if anyone has experience with any sound companies in the area, or could suggest a source for PA (racks/stacks) there.

Alternatively, who knows about shipping gear internationally? I'm thinking the best way would be a sea container, but I don't know where to begin inquiring. Actually, a couple or three large crates would probably suffice.

I'd appreciate any comments from others who have done gigs in Mexico or dealt with similar situations, and advice about potential problems.

Thanks!
Mike Pyle
Audiopyle Sound
707-315-6204
Dealer: Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, KV2, FBT, EAW, Danley, SLS, Turbosound, dBTech
 APB,A&H,Audix,Shure,Powersoft,RoadReady,K&M,Ultimate ,Global Truss,DENON,Chauvet,Elation...

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: South of the Border...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 04:24:19 PM »

Mike Pyle wrote on Sat, 15 May 2004 15:26

I'm in northern California. One of my clients is planning a couple of weekend ballroom type events in Cancun and Cosumel. They want me to provide sound if it is at all practical. I am wondering if anyone has experience with any sound companies in the area, or could suggest a source for PA (racks/stacks) there.

Alternatively, who knows about shipping gear internationally? I'm thinking the best way would be a sea container, but I don't know where to begin inquiring. Actually, a couple or three large crates would probably suffice.

I'd appreciate any comments from others who have done gigs in Mexico or dealt with similar situations, and advice about potential problems.

Thanks!

Most people ship to Mexico via truck, however most of the sound companies I deal with refuse to send their gear to Mexico. In the past there have been problems with hijacking trucks so the shops are wary. In Cancun you should talk to German (pronounced Herrman) at Unicom. I do not have a phone number, but your client's hotel will know him. He has EAW 650's and Meyer MSL4's and is a good guy to deal with.
Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: South of the Border...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 04:24:19 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.