ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DADA -- Heads up?  (Read 4769 times)

Dave Barnett

DADA -- Heads up?
« on: May 05, 2004, 12:42:36 PM »

Anyone work with Dada lately?  I've got them coming in today, and no one has advanced the show or sent me a stage plot or input list or anything.  Despite being a national act, my boss did not approve a production rental, so they're stuck with in-house production (passive wedges from FOH), I hope they're good sports.

John Chiara

Re: DADA -- Heads up?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 01:58:03 PM »

Dave Barnett wrote on Wed, 05 May 2004 17:42

Anyone work with Dada lately?  I've got them coming in today, and no one has advanced the show or sent me a stage plot or input list or anything.  Despite being a national act, my boss did not approve a production rental, so they're stuck with in-house production (passive wedges from FOH), I hope they're good sports.

I believe they are!!
"mix is a verb, not a noun" Sooo, as Aunt Bea would say.."Get to it!!!"

John A. Chiara aka. Blind Johnny
Albany Audio Associates Inc.
Troy, NY
518-961-0069 - cell

Dave Bigelow

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 03:25:10 PM »

Let me know what's up, they're coming in sometime this month where I'm at and I usually don't get any info until the day of myself.

John Schirmer

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 07:46:55 PM »

I had DaDa at the Saint in Asbury Park, NJ a couple of years ago. The Saint was completely run from FOH. I was using the Midas Venice 320 with 4 mixes. All passive. DaDa is one of the greatest group of guys I have ever worked with. And they had no trouble what so ever. I will say that just like any other act that has been around for a while they know what they want and they ask that you know how to give it to them. They are your basic rock band, except extremely talented song writers. Depending on your FOH and Monitor rig you should have no troubles.
Have Fun! Very Happy

What do you have as far as gear goes? As long as you have 3 to 4 mixes with extremely high spl levels you should be fine, the lead singer likes volume. Also a decent delay will be needed the singer likes to have 300 to 400 milliseconds on certin songs. They are very friendly and will help you understand there needs. I can't remember how many members in the band, I believe it was 4 maybe 5. Drums,bass,guitar,maybe 2,definatly a acoustic DI and 2 Vocals I believe. Don't frett they are easy.
John Schirmer
Schubert Systems Group
Keb' Mo' FOH Engineer

"It's a lot easier to burn a bridge then to build one"

Dave Barnett

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 03:20:20 AM »

Turned out to be easy.  Sound check was quick, just the drummer and bassist showed up, guitarist was in the bus with food poisoning, puking.  Guys were easy to please.  They weren't touring with a sound tech, so I mixed.  It was just a three-piece, with drums, bass and guitar.  All three got vocals.  And a DI line for an acoustic that the bassist used for a couple of tunes while the guitarist was off puking again.

During the show, guitarist only asked for less of the bassist's vocal in his wedges, and then a little less of himself.

It was a fun set.

John Schirmer

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 03:09:47 PM »

Funny
But when I did the show for Dada the guitar player and lead vocalist missed sound check due to the fact that he was in our local hospital with a severe case of tendinitous in his strumming hand. Show went on though with out a hitch. Thanks for reminding me about the number of members. It's all coming back to me now. One of my favarite all time shows and mixes.
John Schirmer
Schubert Systems Group
Keb' Mo' FOH Engineer

"It's a lot easier to burn a bridge then to build one"

Dave Bigelow

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 01:12:08 PM »

Sounds like I got it easy the 13th of this month then, thanks guys.
Dave

Dave Barnett

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 06:08:45 PM »

Dave B wrote on Fri, 07 May 2004 12:12

Sounds like I got it easy the 13th of this month then, thanks guys.

They carry their own vocal mics and most of their own drum mics.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.