ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SF Club Chopshopping  (Read 5889 times)

SFSound

SF Club Chopshopping
« on: April 28, 2004, 05:47:51 PM »

Hi all,
Just wanted to ask if anyone out there has been hearing news about an editor from a major industry magazine chop shopping other peoples installs. We have been hearing the person in question has been walking into current installs so they can offer there chopshop services. We have heard that they are thinking of setting up a company in order to start doing this. Then of course offering to sort out their problems. Now we do know that this character is in cahootz with a member of the city that is responsible in some way for the management of clubs here in SF.
This is of course the type of behavior that can not be tolerated in our small and happy community. I would like to know if any other companies have had similar experiences.
Thanks for all your contacts.
cheers. :)

Dave Stevens

Re: SF Club Chopshopping
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 02:02:40 AM »

SFSound wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 14:47

This is of course the type of behavior that can not be tolerated in our small and happy community.

Why?  Are they doing anything illegal?  Instead of being vague, speak directly to the point.

Dave
======================================
Revenge of the Chick Car...
A Barking Dog Goes Road Racing in 2011
http://www.roaddog.com/racing/

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 04:04:34 PM »

By 'chopshopping' do you mean the editor is trying to take out parts of your installs or do you mean he is trying to insert new pieces?

I thought chopshop referred to the illegal activity of stealing cars and reselling them as parts or assemblies. Are you saying this guy is stealing? That's a serious accusation. Or is he horning in on your clients in legal but agressive ways?

I don't think you can do anything about it but outcompete him. First step is to increase your client contact time and make them feel the love all over again. Undo any bad talk by redemonstrating your good traits.

Perhaps this unwelcome change will abate in a few weeks or months. Hang in there, man.

-Bink
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net

Michael Prasuhn

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 06:04:11 PM »

SFSound wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 15:47

[snip]

We have heard that they are thinking of setting up a company in order to start doing this. Then of course offering to sort out their problems.

[snip]

The first thing I thought when I read your post was that maybe he was purposely sabotaging these systems, in order to provide a need for his services, which he would then offer at a unusually convenient time.

-Mikey P
Michael D. Prasuhn
Freelance audio engineer and technical director/IT
http://mikeyp.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.