ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How many here...  (Read 11876 times)

Eric Chancey

• http://www.eaglesnestaudio.com
How many here...
« on: May 05, 2004, 06:49:26 PM »

...are full/part time at their church? Just curious really.
Eric Chancey

crain

Re: How many here...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 09:34:22 PM »

If you call full time 60+ hours...
count me in.

peace
jon

Mike Galica

• http://www.maskilstudios.com
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 08:55:47 AM »

Part-time volunteers are all we have at our church.
Mike Galica

Dan Timon

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 09:04:11 AM »

I am part-time. We have 4 permanent full-time audio, about 12 part-time audio, including 3 or 4 who are temporarily full time, plus a full-time TD, plus video and lighting full and part-time people.

Regards,

Dan Timon

Les

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 09:32:52 AM »

Our church is at 3000 members, we have 4 sound volunteers for the main sancuary and 2 for Sr. High. I take the lead and put in an average of 10-15hrs/week taking care of/maintaining (non-paid) the sound systems. With all of the activities going on during the week we can not keep up, so we just hired a full time sound/video editor who will start in a few weeks.
Les Rupp

can't hear myself

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 09:38:54 AM »

500 member church. 3 part time sound volunteers.

Eric Chancey

• http://www.eaglesnestaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 10:59:12 AM »

It looks like there is a nice mix of staff and volunteers.
Dan, that's a big crew! Where do you go to church?

My next question is, What keeps you motivated, what keeps you going? I know the obvious answer of doing God's work and that should be first and formost but, after a really crazy service, what keeps you from becoming an usher?
God bless you all!
Eric
Eric Chancey

Dan Timon

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 11:21:34 AM »

I go to McLean Bible Church just outside the DC Beltway.

I love mixing monitors, and I love the musicians that I serve. For me, it is a big deal to be able to get the distractions out of their mix, so they can have fun and do their job.

Besides the fact that we are blessed with a bunch of phenomenally talented people, they are also exceptionally nice people. What makes it still worthwhile after the tough services is that is extremely well organized for a church. All the equipment is topnotch, and is very well maintained, and we all know what to do, so it makes a potentially tough service an easy one. On Easter, we used sidecars at FOH and monitor world-I had 75 inputs at monitor world, and was mixing 14 mixes-and it was like a regular day because everything was so organized and well managed. It really helps to have skilled stage managers to manage the musicians and A2s to sort out mis-patched items and guitar rig buzzes.

Regards,

Dan Timon

Susie

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 12:01:14 PM »

At my church in the UK (approx 600 congregation) they haven't yet seen the need to employ anyone.  When I worked for them (for 3 years ending last summer) I probably put in 10 hours a week just looking after one section of the PA and lighting system - it was never enough to keep up with maintenance as the building and portable PAs get used almost every day for some function or another.  It wasn't paid time.  Since I left they have a head of PA dept who has a full time job elsewhere and does all the upkeep in his own time.  The lights no longer get maintained!  They asked me to do it, I asked if it was paid, then laughed at the look on their faces!
At some point they will have to employ someone at least part time as the church is growing fast, but for now are willing to rely on the free service of a few.
I don't know any churches (although there must be some) in the UK, who employ specifically for PA upkeep.

Tom Roche

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 12:12:35 PM »

I'm in charge of sound and equipment maintenance at our relatively small church.  I can't be behind the board during P&W music as I'm the drummer, so I have someone watch it in case something goes wrong.  All of us who help are volunteers.  

I spend anywhere from two to four hours a week on sound.  Since we recently moved into a newer building, I've had to work nearly full time installing a snake, mucho soldering, equipment set up, and rigging everything together.  Almost there!

Tom

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 12:12:35 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.